KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Omac (5) blows House of M (5) away

Omac (5) blows House of M (5) away
Started by: Sir Whirlysplat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Omac (5) blows House of M (5) away

It is awesome! Another one of Geffens JLA from the early nineties diessad
Everything "M" should have, this has!

Check it out smile

Keep the faithsmile

Stay Whirly rock

and I do not think anyone is a moron.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 08:30 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I've liked the OMAC series. House of M sucks.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 03:15 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

DC royally pissed me off with how they handled the O.M.A.C. project. Calling it it's own independat miniseries and then splitting it off into three different comic series.

You have to pick up Superman and Wonder Woman comics to get some vital parts of the story.

The public apology DC made doesn't mean sh!t. I mean come on, how could they not know that they were going to do it?

I know it made a lot of people stop picking up O.M.A.C.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 07:18 AM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

House of M has been really crap with hardly any plot at all

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 10:09 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 8bitChris
DC royally pissed me off with how they handled the O.M.A.C. project. Calling it it's own independat miniseries and then splitting it off into three different comic series.

You have to pick up Superman and Wonder Woman comics to get some vital parts of the story.

The public apology DC made doesn't mean sh!t. I mean come on, how could they not know that they were going to do it?

I know it made a lot of people stop picking up O.M.A.C.

Infinite Crisis is going to have to many parts I suspect sad

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 10:22 AM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Day of Vengeance and Villains United blow away House of M.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 11:57 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Day of Vengeance and Villains United blow away House of M.

Indeed cool

I can't wait for the crisis.

Does any body have any copies of G.L. Re birth ?

I've read 1,2 and 6. could any one fill me in on what happened in the other comics ?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 12:29 AM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Day of Vengence isn't my thing.

I really love the OMAC Project and Villains United though.

House of M is okay. Too many plotholes for my liking...

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 03:13 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Im loving Day of Vengeance. Im also collecting Villains United.

>>Does any body have any copies of G.L. Re birth ?

I've read 1,2 and 6. could any one fill me in on what happened in the other comics ?<<

Well in issue #3, it starts off with Kilowog battling Ganthet with no success. Kyle is still resisting Parallax through his ring. John takes out the JLA.

Hal is tp'd to the new Coast City unwillingly, and sees a green glow coming from his old apartment. In the apartment he sees a lantern and when he picks it up, its Parallax's(Hal) reflection

While Ganthet finishes with Kilowog, he tells Kyle to protect Hals body, and get it to safety to the JLA watchtower. There he finds Ollie coming to after Guys rampage.

Back at Coast City, Hal fights with his inner self(Parallax) and asks Spectre for help. Back at the watchtower, Kyle tells Green Arrow about the story of Parallax and how he affected Hal.

Back at Coast City, Spectre states that he took in Hals soul because he had hoped to rid Parallax from it. "Burn it out like a disease". Both Hal and Spectre loses the mental battle with Parallax. Now Parallax is free again. Stating that hes been laying dormant inside Spectre all these years.

Back at the watchtower, Kyle finished telling Ollie about the history of Hal and Parallax. Ollie than asks Kyle who woke Parallax up after all these years. Then comes multiple yellow arrows in Green Arrows body. Who? SINESTRO!!
End of book #3.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 04:50 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Book #4 starts with Sinestro whooping Kyles ass. With a quick gesture he breaks Ollies ribs with a construct then procedes to hammer Kyle.

Back at Coast City where a ressurected Parallax(Hal) now stands, he makes his way to battle with wreking Hals apartment building and creating a patch of destruction on the way. He comes to a defeated Kilowog and a triumphant Ganthet.

Ganthet is then blasted in the back by a Parallax controlled Guy and John. With another simple gesture, Ganthet frees the 2 of Parallax's control. Kilowog then comes to as well. Now its Ganthet and the 3 lanterns against Parallax(Hal)

A cocky Parallax talks trash saying something like do you think you and 3 lanterns can defeat me? a portal then opens and the JLA, JSA and Teen Titans come out.

Back at the watchtower, Kyle continues to get his ass beat but is able to land a hit on Sin. Ollie comes to and tries to recharge the ring that Hal gave him way back in the day. Ollie struggles to remember the oath at first, but gets it going. Sinestro then turnes to GA, and with all the willpower he could muster, Ollie makes a arrow from the ring and shoots it right in the chest of Sinestro. Kyle and Ollie escape Sin momentarily.

Back at the main battle, Parallax(Hal) is shown taking out Supes, Fate, Power Girl and Supergirl. Guy and John come to help the heroes as Alan has Parallax chained. Parallax breaks the chains then goes to attack Alan, when the REAL Hal starts to rip free from Parallax and asks Spectre for help in conquering it.

Spectre then grants Hals wish and the 3 are finally separated. Spectre goes home to GOD and Parallax(yellow entity) then goes inside Ganthets body. While Ganthet struggles to fight off Parallax, he gives Hal(spirit) a light to follow. Hal sees old faces(Abin, fater, Tumar, and some femalr i forgot the name)

Back at the watchtower, Sinestro has caught up with Kyle and Ollie. Just when sin is about to give the final blow, the ring on Green Arrows finger leaves his hand. It makes its way over to Hals body and on his finger. On Hals body, the streaks go away, the mask is changes and the uniform is upgraded.

Hal rises!!!

Hal - " SINESTRO. Get the hell away from them."

End of book #4

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 05:11 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Book #5 start with the old stardown between Sinestro and Hal. Both with their rings pinted at each other. Next page, Hal is blasted out of the watchtower across the moon lol. After a few bounces, Hal wipes his mouth and smirks.(sooo badass) Sinestro is seen charging at superspeeds.Sinestro goes for the neck then the fight begins. I dont care what anyone says, but to me it looks like lightspeeds the way they are battlng through space.

Hal and Sin exchange quick words then Hal blasts Sin across space. Hal quickly follows, but Sin has recovered and is ready. Sinestro shoots a bunch of yellow glass spikes at Hal, but Hal makes little tentacles to counter and break them. Sinestro then punches Hal in the jaw, and is talking about the first time they met.

Sinestro was ordered to train Hal. Hal questions Sin about the jet that he destroyed. Sin told Hal not to be concerned with terrestrial affairs.

Sinestro - "Never question a superior officer." "Never challenge those more powerful than you."

Hal - "Um...Yeah." "Thats not gonna work for me."

Back to the battle at present. They contine to fight throught space. Now fighting inside an asteroid belt.(Kinda looks like Saturn) Sinestro then is talking about how he influenced Parallax as well as Hal. Also he stated that he will consume earth and Kill Kyle(the Alley Rat)

Hal says Kyle held the torch when no one else could. Sinestro calls Raynor a fool, but Hal says "NO. You will respect him." Sin continues to trash talk when hes borbarded with arrows in the back. Thats right, its Kyle. Both Hal and Kyle team up on Sin and pin him down.

Sinestro breaks free, and he and Hal charge each other. Their fists connect with a loud thunderous noise. Sinestro's ring cracks. Reality bends, and Hal pushes harder. Sinestro's ring shatters, and he dissintegrates saying "Heh...Jordan...Welcome back."

Ring confirms that Sin isnt dead, but just stating that Sin's ring spit upon destruction resulting in a dimensional tear. Sinesrto escaped to a exstra-dimensional vortex. Before going to fight Parallax, Hal properly introduces himself and shakes Kyles hand and thanks him.(classic GL moment)

Off they go to battle where Ganthellax is giving the heroes a good whoopin. Hal and Kyle joing the rest of the Lanters. Hal then tells the others how to shake off Parallax. Kyle asks whats the plan and Hal syas we'll figure it out on the way up. But just before they leave, a batarang come out of nowhere and wraps itself around Hals arm.

Its Batman and he says..."As long as im standing, youre not doing anything."

End of book #5.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 05:38 AM
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

the only house of m title thats nice is hulk. bruce banner taking control of an entire continet in a matter of hours. awesme.

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 02:34 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jrodslam
Book #5 start with the old stardown between Sinestro and Hal. Both with their rings pinted at each other. Next page, Hal is blasted out of the watchtower across the moon lol. After a few bounces, Hal wipes his mouth and smirks.(sooo badass) Sinestro is seen charging at superspeeds.Sinestro goes for the neck then the fight begins. I dont care what anyone says, but to me it looks like lightspeeds the way they are battlng through space.

Hal and Sin exchange quick words then Hal blasts Sin across space. Hal quickly follows, but Sin has recovered and is ready. Sinestro shoots a bunch of yellow glass spikes at Hal, but Hal makes little tentacles to counter and break them. Sinestro then punches Hal in the jaw, and is talking about the first time they met.

Sinestro was ordered to train Hal. Hal questions Sin about the jet that he destroyed. Sin told Hal not to be concerned with terrestrial affairs.

Sinestro - "Never question a superior officer." "Never challenge those more powerful than you."

Hal - "Um...Yeah." "Thats not gonna work for me."

Back to the battle at present. They contine to fight throught space. Now fighting inside an asteroid belt.(Kinda looks like Saturn) Sinestro then is talking about how he influenced Parallax as well as Hal. Also he stated that he will consume earth and Kill Kyle(the Alley Rat)

Hal says Kyle held the torch when no one else could. Sinestro calls Raynor a fool, but Hal says "NO. You will respect him." Sin continues to trash talk when hes borbarded with arrows in the back. Thats right, its Kyle. Both Hal and Kyle team up on Sin and pin him down.

Sinestro breaks free, and he and Hal charge each other. Their fists connect with a loud thunderous noise. Sinestro's ring cracks. Reality bends, and Hal pushes harder. Sinestro's ring shatters, and he dissintegrates saying "Heh...Jordan...Welcome back."

Ring confirms that Sin isnt dead, but just stating that Sin's ring spit upon destruction resulting in a dimensional tear. Sinesrto escaped to a exstra-dimensional vortex. Before going to fight Parallax, Hal properly introduces himself and shakes Kyles hand and thanks him.(classic GL moment)

Off they go to battle where Ganthellax is giving the heroes a good whoopin. Hal and Kyle joing the rest of the Lanters. Hal then tells the others how to shake off Parallax. Kyle asks whats the plan and Hal syas we'll figure it out on the way up. But just before they leave, a batarang come out of nowhere and wraps itself around Hals arm.

Its Batman and he says..."As long as im standing, youre not doing anything."

End of book #5.

Cheers mate , very cool stuff. But by far and away my favourite bit is when he punches batman. IMO, So what is parallax exactly ?How come Spectre couldn't beat it ? I know about Zero hour, but its obviously a lot more complicated than it just being Hal's dark side

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 02:38 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

After what Hal had done, Parallax was pretty much moded to Hals soul. So when Hal died, Spectre though that Parallax would burn out like a flame. He figured if he can conceal it, Parallax would die out. To he really kinda though he did beat it in a way.

What is Parallax exatly?

"A yellow entity that was made up of living fear. It created terror into anything it came in contact with. Cause entire civilizations to destroy themselves out of paranoia. Parallax threatened to consume the entire universe. It wanted to infect every living creatur with fear, and fear leads to violence. Violence leads to fear. Thats what kept feeding Parallax."

When the Guardians made the central power battery on OA, they gathered willpower just as Parallax gathered fear. The opposite energies couldnt destroy each other, so they inprisoned him inside the central power battery on OA. Thats what gave all Green Lanters their yellow impurity. Parallax weakend their power over the corrosponding spectrum.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 05:04 PM
jrodslam

Parallax was basically dead for billions of years. But somehow it woke up hungry(wanting fear). Parallax found Hal Jordan through the power battery and tried to weaken his willpower and his confidence in himself.

When Hal all of a sudden got the gray streaks on the side, that was due to overwhelming fear. After Mongul helped with the destruction of Coast City, Hal was filled with rage and sorrow. Parallax made Hal affraid of what might happen tomorrow. When Hal tried to recreate Coast City and the Guardians shut him down, thets when Parallax influenced him to do what he did.(killing corps members and Sinestro).

When he went into the power battery and absorbed all the energy inside, he also took in Parallax. So so Parallax(Hal) was created.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 05:14 PM