KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Core Rules

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Core Rules
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Really? Sweet!

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 09:41 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Ush - a confirmation - it isn't possible to use Gunslinger to draw two pistols and fire them with BGB, is it?

But, could somebody use Gunslinger to pull a pistol and fire once, then use Gunslinger to pull the other pistol and fire using BGB?

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 12:04 AM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Technically speaking you cannot use two Gun tricks at once.

Sometimes that gets blurred- especially with CofC- but try and maintain that rule as much as pos.

So no, you can Gunslinger, Flurrry Fire, or BGB, but if you take more than one, you would have to choose.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 27th, 2005 at 01:21 AM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 12:12 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

So you can benefit from one of the three "style" tricks, CofC and Eagle Eye at once?

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 12:23 AM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Basically.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 01:21 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Did you ever decide what the portable mini-gun that the clone troopers use in the cartoon against Grievous would be? Seems that the BV-50 had one.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 07:40 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That has very special rules and players aren't going near it...

BtVS

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 08:59 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Curses.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 09:14 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

A gun like that would pin, obviously, but the trick is to not simply make weapons that are plain better than others.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 09:24 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, I suppose that would be a total pain.

We'll leave it to the mooks. wink

What are the rules for bastic warheads and the Zeitonian kinetic rifles? Hardly relevant for the OT game, but just for reference sake...

Last edited by REXXXX on Nov 28th, 2005 at 09:37 AM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 09:29 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Kinetic rifles have a lower damage but if firing at a Lightsabre wielder it is as if he doesn't have his Lightsabre. Sonic weapons are the same except they have severe range penalties instead of lower damage..

'Solid' payloads can't be reflected but can be affected by kinetic powers.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 04:08 PM
Lord Melkor

Ush, are Stormtroopers really Skill 6? Obi-wan said in ANH that no regular forces shoot as precise, so they have to be as good as regular mooks can be. Not to mention that they were based on Clone Troopers, which were better than Battle Droids.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 06:34 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Obi-Wan's line about Stormtroopers is one of th oddest things ever seeing how clearly incredibly inept they are on-screen, which is by far the more authoratitive source, style-wise.

Nonetheless, Stormtroopers are 7s these days to distinguish them from the even worse Battle Droids.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 06:43 PM
Lord Melkor

But they are good against the likes of defenders of Tantive 4, only main characters with Skill of 14 are immune. Your decision seems logical , 7 is average for well-trained military. So it is 9 with Assault Rifle? The same as Advanced Battle Droids, but I assume that human mind was the thing that made Clone Troopers superior? And now it is a mix of Clones and humans recruits, maybe Clones degenerated?

How many Stormtroopers make a division and company? I assume there is a lot of Hunters on Lanzar.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 06:55 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The defenders of Tantive IV are mooks as well. They were crap against Ewoks! But more or less yes to the rest.

This might surprise you- there are pretty much no Hunters on Lanzar.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 07:08 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Seeing as the new campaign has now started, Ush, we WILL be seeing ship rules soon, yes?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 04:34 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

No. big grin

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 05:35 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Hey Big Bug, get yer foot offa my dreams, will ya?!

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 06:49 AM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkDethbringer
Kakow how you like me now

hey I was wondering about LightSabers about Basic rule sand such I was wondering if it whas ti be liek Regular or Double Bladed and such, I was wondering if someone could hav esome of teh more obscure Designs from EU such asthe Light Sythe and Light Claws as well as Light Daggers I was wondering becasue A Light Sythe Sounds fun to have

well for now at least,

I'm unsure if i will stay for too long

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 04:19 AM
DarkDethbringer is currently offline Click here to Send DarkDethbringer a Private Message Find more posts by DarkDethbringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkDethbringer
Kakow how you like me now

I have a question about my char hes a Fellen Type and he has teh GunSlinger Variant, can he get Pilot in teh future?

well for now at least,

I'm unsure if i will stay for too long

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 04:32 AM
DarkDethbringer is currently offline Click here to Send DarkDethbringer a Private Message Find more posts by DarkDethbringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote