KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman vs nightwing

who would win
This poll is closed.
BATMAN 7 58.33%
NIGHTWING 5 41.67%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Batman vs nightwing
Started by: lil pimp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Majestic_Lizard

OMIT

Last edited by Majestic_Lizard on Nov 20th, 2005 at 09:32 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 09:25 PM
Majestic_Lizard is currently offline Click here to Send Majestic_Lizard a Private Message Find more posts by Majestic_Lizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Majestic_Lizard

OMIT

Last edited by Majestic_Lizard on Nov 20th, 2005 at 09:33 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 09:25 PM
Majestic_Lizard is currently offline Click here to Send Majestic_Lizard a Private Message Find more posts by Majestic_Lizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Majestic_Lizard

I am going to break down this contest by looking at the abilities of the characters (held in consensus by the majority of the DC writers) and from that draw a conclusion of who would be the probable winner. I will do this by looking at (1) physical ability, (2) intelligence and cunning, and (3) proficiency in martial arts.

1) Physical ability:
In terms of agility, reflexes, stamina, and durability Batman and Nightwing are identical for all extents and purposes. Meaning roughly olympic athletes.

Batman is physically stronger, but also more massive as a result and therfor cannot cover distance as quickly as Nightwing. Batman's speed would be considered extremely athletic but not peak. Nightwings strength would be considered extremely athletic, but not peak.

As physical specimens the two are evenly matched. The advantage Batman has in strength is compensated for by Nightwing's increased speed and vice versa.

2) Intelligence and cunning.
Both characters are geniuses, while Batman's intellect is more extraordinary. However, there is not a great enough difference between their ability to tactically appraise a situation to really tell them apart in a physical fight.

Batman is smarter, but not smart enough to make a difference in a fight. Batman's greater intellect is only going to help him in a fight if he is dealing with an opponent who is slow-witted or average.

3) Proficiency in the martial arts.
Fighting ability. Here is the tie breaker. Batman is arguably the greatest hand to hand combatant in the DC universe. Batman is familiar with and experienced in virtually every fighting style known to man and had devised his own original style as well.

Nightwing is a superb pugilist who is proficient in numerous fighting styles and has great experience. He is so great a fighter that he has even bested opponents who have superhuman abilities. Even so, he is not quite Batman's equal and probably never will be.

After a long and vicious battle (possibly with grave injuries to both characters) BATMAN WILL WIN.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 09:29 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Majestic_Lizard
Even so, he is not quite Batman's equal and probably never will be.

i agree with everything you said except for this. i also think batman will win in a fight due to the fact he taught Nightwing, he is smarter, stronger, more intelligent, better gadgets and better fighting skills. S o Bats wins.

HOWEVER

Bats has said about both nightwing and robin, that they will both at some point be better than Batman ever was...........they are his heir's to the Bat shaped throne...............

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 11:16 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Batman would win cause he taught Nightwing all his stuff

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 08:01 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botcherby

and likewise, Nightwing would win because Batman taught him all his stuff

have you seen some of those crazy manuveurs that Nightwing can do, Backflipping headspring kick kinda crazy, his athletic ability is beyond batman.

In the Knightsend arc, Nightwing fared a lot better than Bats against Az, but that was only bat's first encounter with Az... second time Az got owned by bats.

but anyway I would have to say that currently Batman would win, if they really went at it, Bruce would have the greater mental drive to CRUSH nightwing... but reading Outsiders, Nightwing is definatly becoming better and better (I hope he rejoins :P) and of course Dick is the heir to the throne and will surpass Batman... who knows it may even happen within the next few months?

(no#1 nightwing fan, and never read an issue)

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 11:46 PM
botcherby is currently offline Click here to Send botcherby a Private Message Find more posts by botcherby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zarathustra

Well, Batman's one hell of a fighter and I doubt he really got around to teaching Nightwing "everything" he's learned because Batman goes out and fights every night, and he trains constantly. He's always improving himself, further developing his skills. At least I must assume he is, because any fighter worth his salt tries to do just that, and Batman's one of the best. When Batman ages a bit, and he's not in peak shape anymore, Dick will catch up for sure. Maybe even earlier. I am sure Nightwing is a far better crimefighter than Batman was at his age, however, because he has had the benefit of learning from the master, who had already developed the full list of vigilante tactics for him. He needed only to further refine them.
Anyway, in terms of hand to hand: Bats' got the edge. Nightwing is clearly the more agile of the two given his extensive training as an acrobat, but if it comes down to fisticuffs I don't realistically see that making any difference.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 04:11 AM
Zarathustra is currently offline Click here to Send Zarathustra a Private Message Find more posts by Zarathustra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botcherby

Originally posted by Zarathustra
Well, Batman's one hell of a fighter and I doubt he really got around to teaching Nightwing "everything" he's learned because Batman goes out and fights every night, and he trains constantly. He's always improving himself, further developing his skills. At least I must assume he is, because any fighter worth his salt tries to do just that, and Batman's one of the best. When Batman ages a bit, and he's not in peak shape anymore, Dick will catch up for sure. Maybe even earlier. I am sure Nightwing is a far better crimefighter than Batman was at his age, however, because he has had the benefit of learning from the master, who had already developed the full list of vigilante tactics for him. He needed only to further refine them.
Anyway, in terms of hand to hand: Bats' got the edge. Nightwing is clearly the more agile of the two given his extensive training as an acrobat, but if it comes down to fisticuffs I don't realistically see that making any difference.

totally agree

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 12:53 PM
botcherby is currently offline Click here to Send botcherby a Private Message Find more posts by botcherby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Obviously Nightwing isn't Batman's equal just yet, but he is very damn close. One day he'll be all that Batman is and more...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 01:31 PM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botcherby

well due to the rumours circulating, Nightwing may not survive to surpass Batman... God forbid

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 09:52 PM
SpyCspider

heheeh i'm one to believe Batman hasn't taught EVERYTHING that he knows to Dick.....so Bats will win because:

1) He's Batman so he always needs some sort of way to beat someone else (think JLA Tower of Babel), including his own apprentices.
2) Bat's learned from the best himself...while Nightwing learned directly and mostly from his mentor, rather than seeking out every master on earth. Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong.
3) Drive: Both saw their parents killed but Bats seemed transformed immediately after he saw them die. He became BATMAN inside the day his parents died. When Dick first joined, he was shown as a colorful, happy trickster kid. Even if he was very depressed about his parents' death, it didn't seem to motivate him to fight crime as much as Bruce's parents' death did. Batman's got more drive and demons inside of him pushing him to win.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 07:18 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by botcherby
(no#1 nightwing fan, and never read an issue)

eek! me too. I think he is great but I have never read any of his comics...................

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 08:16 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Originally posted by Majestic_Lizard
Nightwing is so great a fighter that he has even bested opponents who have superhuman abilities.

...cough... Deathstroke ...cough...

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 01:00 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Tron
...cough... Deathstroke ...cough...
Recently in Nightwing's own series, Deathstroke dropped Nightwing in one kick.

Anyways, this battle is dumb Nightwing couldn't even hit Batman in Bruce Wayne murders. Then Bruce dropped him fast.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 01:03 AM
Juntai is online now! Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UltimateIronman

nightwings all the way! Favorite characters: 1:Ironman 2:Nightwing 3:Juggernaut 4messedpiderman and Wolverine

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 01:10 AM
UltimateIronman is currently offline Click here to Send UltimateIronman a Private Message Find more posts by UltimateIronman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etrigan
?

Well, I know I always do this, but it says in the official DCU guide that Nightwing is second only to Batman in fighting skills, detective skills, etc.

So Batman is better, even if it's just by a tiny bit. He would win, seeing as he actually taught Dick what he knows.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2005 08:30 AM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

Batman wins this one, easy, he can read nightwing like a book, and even if NW is more agile, agility doesnt make you faster or a better fighter, you can whail on people more agile than you all day, and bats will prove my theories correct when he beats NW like he owes him money.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2005 10:29 AM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote