KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street Level Tourney: Drafting - Round 2

Street Level Tourney: Drafting - Round 2
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinzin

wow..this draft is gettin some REALLY generic pics...

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 06:08 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Iron Fist has been picked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Fist

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 06:17 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi.../i/ironfist.htm

Marvel's bio for Iron Fist...when possible, try to avoid Wikipedia (although I know it's a good site sometimes).

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 06:21 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

1. Scarlet Spider
2. Snake Eyes
3. Taskmaster
4. Scorpion
5. Bruce Lee
6. Squirrel Girl
7. Vanth Dreadstar
8. Harold Leland
9. War Lord of Darkness
10. Iron Fist

...quite a lot of picks in the early going.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 06:26 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Goddamn oversleeping....

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 07:26 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Err, you WILL take Wiki sites though, right? Because for my third I'm still trying to decide beween a few guys, most of whom I only found decent bios for on Wiki.

Last edited by Khellendros on Aug 31st, 2005 at 08:06 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 07:58 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, Wiki's fine...just don't fudge stuff (since I know you can edit them) since someone will probably know...otherwise, if that's your only option, it's fine.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 08:03 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

still laughing @ Squirrel Girl

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 08:11 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
still laughing @ Squirrel Girl

How DID she beat Doom anyways? I've heard she did it but not how or anything.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 08:20 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

i really have no idea

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 08:24 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Blink has been picked.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/chara...sp?fldAuto=1497

No ring-out wins will be allowed with her, since she can sometimes teleport people pretty far away.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 08:49 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Vanth Dreadstar has been selected.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/d/dredstar.htm

The bio isn't perfect but the person told me that the "magic" sword enhances his strength 10x over, can absorb most energy attacks and redirect them, and increase his healing slightly (but still nowhere near Wolverine level). He also wields a low-level laser gun. Technically the sword is magic, but unless anyone has a huge problem with it he seems ok. He's still vulnerable to piercing and punches, and otherwise he's not terribly powerful.

Dreadstar is cool smile good choice imo

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 08:50 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

can't Blink cut people in half with teleportation? or am i thinking of someone else?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 08:55 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

can't Blink cut people in half with teleportation? or am i thinking of someone else?

She can f*ck someone up if she hits them with one of her throwing thingies, but the same can be said of a guy with a gun couldn't it?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 08:58 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

No thats him, the biggest problem for street level is Vanth can access a higher power and destroy Galaxies, his a Jim Stalin cosmic character from Epic and later First and then Marvel comics. Whats he doing in a street tourney?

Oh you mean blink from Exiles she's equally over powered laughing out loud

Attachment: dreadstar.jpg
This has been downloaded 72 time(s).

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 09:02 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, she seems like she might be pushing it, but there isn't much precedent for her teleporting/molecule displacement thingies. They hurt...we know that, but probably not any more than a bullet, arrow, lightsaber, etc.

Might have to establish limits for a few of these people (Leland and Blink possibly) but they should be fine.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 09:03 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
No thats him, the biggest problem for street level is Vanth can access a higher power and destroy Galaxies, his a Jim Stalin cosmic character from Epic and later First and then Marvel comics. Whats he doing in a street tourney?

Oh you mean blink from Exiles she's equally over powered laughing out loud

Yeah, he's not accessing any higher powers in my tourney. He'll be at base level with his sword and nothing else. That galaxy destroying was plot-induced apparently...nothing he could do on his own.

But is there more than one version of Blink?? And how is she over-powered?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 09:06 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yeah, he's not accessing any higher powers in my tourney. He'll be at base level with his sword and nothing else. That galaxy destroying was plot-induced apparently...nothing he could do on his own.

But is there more than one version of Blink?? And how is she over-powered?

It was plot induced but he can still access higher powers.

Blink can basically translocate parts of people when they attack her, they could all become armless.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 09:14 PM
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

As I recall (now everyone gets to wonder if I picked him), the galaxy destroying was an ancient superweapon. Dreadstar was brought along by the sorcerer who built it as muscle to make sure he wouldn't be stopped before the weapon was activated.

I think the trickiest thing in this tourney is that we're all going to have extremely good amalgams with great combinations of strength, speed, skill, versatility, etc. It'll be sort of like all the engineering rules in pro racing that end up ensuring that the cars are all within a few percentage points of one another performance-wise.

When it comes down to it, how are we to decide (apart from the fact that we're voting, obviously) when somebody dodges or doesn't when we'll surely have some very evenly matched bouts.?

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Last edited by Laminator_X on Aug 31st, 2005 at 10:00 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 09:49 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Laminator_X
how are we to decide ... when somebody dodges or doesn't

simple.... my guy dodges ..... your's doesn't

stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 10:03 PM