KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street Level Tourney: Drafting - Round 2

Street Level Tourney: Drafting - Round 2
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Few announcements...

1. 8BitChris is replacing Piedmon. His picks are interspersed throughout this round. I didn't want to announce him until now, so it'll be harder to pin-point whom he has chosen. He will face SF in the first round.

2. Bruce Lee has been replaced with Kenshin Himura (some anime dude). Apparently the dude's wicked fast, but otherwise just has a sweet sword and fighting skills. I was told he could travel at about the speed of a bullet (700MPH) which is too fast. I've bumped his "max speed" down to about 100MPH (and that's only in a dead-out sprint...he can't instantly go that fast). Though never having his foot-speed clocked, I'm quite sure Parker could manage something similar (and this Kenshin guy doesn't have the same reflexes and all). Here's the link.

http://www.absoluteanime.com/ruroun...hin/kenshin.htm

3. Vanth Dreadstar - The sword boosts the character's normal strength levels by about 10x. Still nowhere near many of the picks, and probably somewhere just under 1 Ton. It can absorb most energy attacks, but only those where it receives the blow (i.e. if the energy hits Vanth himself it'll hurt him). It can then redirect the energy with similar force. Vanth can heal slightly faster than normal, but still nowhere near Wolverine levels. He wields a low-level laser gun. That's it. Anything else, the person who picked him can PM me.

4. Blink - I rifled through some Exiles issues today to try to help but nothing useful popped up. Unlike Vanth, at full potential Blink is probably too powerful, so to use her we'll have to limit her. Blink can teleport herself, but cannot teleport another person (parts or whole). She can, however, teleport objects hurled at her if she has the skill to pick them off in the air before they hit her. Her projectiles can signicantly damage a person, with the molecular displacement affect acting as a moderate concussive force. 4-5 such projectiles can impact with the force of a standard grenade (enough to blow up or at least significantly damage, say, a car). Individual projectiles will cause damage to any substance (even the uber-tough stuff) but denser materials (diamond, adamantium, etc.) will be damaged but remain essentially intact unless totally bombarded with projectiles (i.e. highly unlikely).

I hope these definitions are acceptable to everyone. If the people who picked them have a problem with this, PM me and we can discuss it.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 12:33 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

5. Speedfreek - I've been informed that the flight rockets gave him his speed so he won't be super-fast for the tourney. His forward-boosters give him a slight speed burst, but nothing beyond others in the tourney. Furthermore, yes he survived a punch from Hulk, but the punch K.O'ed him. He could only take the one punch, and it made him black out. The blades are adamantium but his armor is only titanium, which is the same as Doc Ock's tentacles and less hard than vibranium and adamantium. Due to his drug addiction to "Snap" he has some slightly enhanced reflexes, but nothing near SM or others like him.

I hope that lays to rest everyone's fears about him.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 12:38 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Few announcements...

2. Bruce Lee has been replaced with Kenshin Himura (some anime dude). Apparently the dude's wicked fast, but otherwise just has a sweet sword and fighting skills. I was told he could travel at about the speed of a bullet (700MPH) which is too fast. I've bumped his "max speed" down to about 100MPH (and that's only in a dead-out sprint...he can't instantly go that fast). Though never having his foot-speed clocked, I'm quite sure Parker could manage something similar (and this Kenshin guy doesn't have the same reflexes and all). Here's the link.

http://www.absoluteanime.com/ruroun...hin/kenshin.htm

Beware of Ruroni Kenshin Himura Master of Battojutsu... He is one bad ass. Then again his sword draw is what is clocked at 700 MPH not his running speed. He is fast however for a human. At least 10 to 12 times the norm. His reaction speeds are quite fast as well. That specific sword draw can also hurt you even if he missed the initial strike. I've seen just about every episode of Ruroni Kenshin, and my guy will squash him like a bug, after I crush that fool Dizzle.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 12:48 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by Sentry
Beware of Ruroni Kenshin Himura Master of Battojutsu... He is one bad ass. Then again his sword draw is what is clocked at 700 MPH not his running speed. He is fast however for a human. At least 10 to 12 times the norm. His reaction speeds are quite fast as well. That specific sword draw can also hurt you even if he missed the initial strike. I've seen just about every episode of Ruroni Kenshin, and my guy will squash him like a bug, after I crush that fool Dizzle.

Bringeth. I'm freaking unstoppable.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 05:06 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by Sentry

Yeah, I don't think anyone will be able to beat Kenishin in an up close game. Whoever fights him better hope they have a ranged attack or else.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 05:22 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Khellendros
Yeah, I don't think anyone will be able to beat Kenishin in an up close game. Whoever fights him better hope they have a ranged attack or else.
Kenshin's attacks are powerful but nothing special. He is faster than a normal human but not 10 times I would say 5 times most. His fast reflex's are based on his ability to read hid oppenent which can be messed with since he uses his eyes to do it.
His fighting style is smple get more hits in then you oppenent can handle and take less.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 12:03 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

When's the next draft?

wtf, who got deathlok??? When did this happen? sad

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Sep 3rd, 2005 at 12:27 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 12:24 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Not paying attention again LP? Sunday (tomorrow) is the next draft. I have family coming in from out of town, so I don't know exactly when I'll get to it. Could be early or late. But if you come on late tomorrow you'll see it regardless.

Also, apparently Vanth Dreadstar's laser gun can infect someone with radiation poisoning. Any sort of healing factor can combat this easily, and it takes hours to take hold anyway. It shouldn't come into play in the battles.

Last edited by Digi on Sep 3rd, 2005 at 02:50 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 02:40 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 02:48 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

General thought on the amalgams...

I like the looks of the combos so far...I can't really find any that I think are bad. There's a few that, if properly paired in the 3rd round, could be really good, but for the most part there's a lot of solid amalgams that will be competitive with anyone.

A lot of it, I think, will come down to match-ups and debating. Some will match up well against another person, others won't. And with a lot of "good but not great" amalgams, a lot will be debating skill. At the beginning of the last tourney (after drafts) I pegged LP, Scoob, Khell and myself as the best amalgams based upon our picks, and that's how it ended up happening. This tourney, it won't be as easy to do that.

My favorite picks so far (not necesarily the best picks, just my favorites) are Grievous and Drizzt. But there's a lot of other fun obscure ones and well-known-but-solid picks, so this has been entertaining to run the tourney. Part of me still wishes I could be in it (Drizzt would have been mine in the 1st round), but this is cool too.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 11:14 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Oh, actual business...

I want you all to name your amalgams. Many of you are probably planning for that anyway, but it's now a requirement. I actually have a reason (I'm not just going mad with power)...since many of the characters have had things cut out from them or need limits defined, I'll have a "Character Notes" section with each amalgam for every battle. And rather than refer to particular people in the amalgam in the character notes, to simplify things I'd rather only have to refer to one name. Thus, the need for a name.

You can post it in any thread or PM it to me if it reveals something about your amalgam (i.e. "Flash Thordon" would kinda give away 2 parts of an amalgam, whereas LP's "Big Sexy" didn't). There's no rush, and it won't be required until the pre-battle thread after the drafts are over. Just wanted to post it now so that everyone can think about it.

Oh, and if you don't name your amalgam, I will. And I'll make General Kinky seem tame and normal if I get the chance...you won't be pleased...hehe.

{Edit}

...You'll also all have to choose a "body" from among your 3 for strength and durability. Everything else (speed, reflexes, powers, equipment, etc.) will carry over to your amalgam. But only the strength and durability of one of your three will be used. In most cases, it will be obvious, but if you haven't decided between two people it would be wise to start thinking about it.

Again, we'll deal with that after drafting is over.

Last edited by Digi on Sep 4th, 2005 at 01:33 AM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 11:33 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Last announcement for this thread. Tomorrow is the 3rd round. I won't know what time until it happens so don't go on at noon and be pissed at me if you're around at 2 and it's still not up. It might be up at noon...it might be up at 8PM (Eastern). Hopefully closer to the former.

Here's a list of everyone that's been picked so far, to keep everyone up-to-date on the picks (because there's been a lot of switching and what-not).

In no particular order...
Dazzler, Agent Zero, General Grievous, Doc Ock II, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Spider-Man, Azreal, American Eagle, The Midnighter, Cassidy, Deadpool, Darkhawk, Venom, Kenshin Himura, Deathstroke, Scorpion, Taskmaster, Shang-Chi, Black Panther, Speedfreek, Scarlet Spider, Spider-Woman III, Vanth Dreadstar, Blink, War Lord of Darkness, Deathlok, Snake Eyes, Darth Maul, Drizzt Do'Urden, Iron Fist, Doppleganger.

And once again, first round matches...
Scoob/JP,
Dizzle/Sentry
Laminator/Jinzin
Stormfront/8BitChris

LP/KVD
Zachrivard/Dr. SpiderHulk
Nataku/Solidus Snake
Khell/Newjak

Two matches a week...Dizzle, Sentry, Scoob, and JP will be up first. I'll announce when they'll start at a later date.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 02:17 AM
King KAM

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Last announcement for this thread. Tomorrow is the 3rd round. I won't know what time until it happens so don't go on at noon and be pissed at me if you're around at 2 and it's still not up. It might be up at noon...it might be up at 8PM (Eastern). Hopefully closer to the former.

Here's a list of everyone that's been picked so far, to keep everyone up-to-date on the picks (because there's been a lot of switching and what-not).

In no particular order...
Dazzler, Agent Zero, General Grievous, Doc Ock II, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Spider-Man, Azreal, American Eagle, The Midnighter, Cassidy, Deadpool, Darkhawk, Venom, Kenshin Himura, Deathstroke, Scorpion, Taskmaster, Shang-Chi, Black Panther, Speedfreek, Scarlet Spider, Spider-Woman III, Vanth Dreadstar, Blink, War Lord of Darkness, Deathlok, Snake Eyes, Darth Maul, Drizzt Do'Urden, Iron Fist, Doppleganger.

And once again, first round matches...
Scoob/JP,
Dizzle/Sentry
Laminator/Jinzin
Stormfront/8BitChris

LP/KVD
Zachrivard/Dr. SpiderHulk
Nataku/Solidus Snake
Khell/Newjak

Two matches a week...Dizzle, Sentry, Scoob, and JP will be up first. I'll announce when they'll start at a later date.

Where Im is??? confused

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 05:01 AM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote