KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » at what point did you become a wolverine fan or hater?

at what point did you become a wolverine fan or hater?
Started by: Pointinel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
I started reading X men a few years before this sad just a few confused really, I started with Giant size 1 (I may well be able to buy a new car on this comic one day smile. At this point Wolverine was fresh, dynamic and cool. Claremont worked wonders with him up until his run started to wane after Uncanny 137, I hated the direction the X men was going in and every other character got feet of clay like Wolverine. Of these type of characters he is still the original and like a previous poster, his direction in New Avengers gives me hope. smile

^nice. is it 1st print? my cuz got a reprint one.

ill have to disagree with you tho about claremont, i strongly believe his first run on the x is consistently strong and solid,and actually dark phoenix saga's conclusion gave birth to a lot of the x-men's best stories (i.e. cable). then with x-men #1-3 he wrapped up his first run with a definite classic, IMHO.

P.S. i dont own every issue of his 80's run, but i have read it either in the store or PC.

DarkCrawler >>> Your Favorite Sig-Maker

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 02:31 PM
#16 is currently offline Click here to Send #16 a Private Message Find more posts by #16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Pointinel
^nice. is it 1st print? my cuz got a reprint one.

ill have to disagree with you tho about claremont, i strongly believe his first run on the x is consistently strong and solid,and actually dark phoenix saga's conclusion gave birth to a lot of the x-men's best stories (i.e. cable). then with x-men #1-3 he wrapped up his first run with a definite classic, IMHO.

P.S. i dont own every issue of his 80's run, but i have read it either in the store or PC.

Its a first print run smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 02:33 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Its a first print run smile

when you finally decided to sell it....

DONT FORGET ME!

DarkCrawler >>> Your Favorite Sig-Maker

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 02:42 PM
#16 is currently offline Click here to Send #16 a Private Message Find more posts by #16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Pointinel
when you finally decided to sell it....

DONT FORGET ME!

smile I won't it will go to auction anyway along with the other gems I have, I will replace these with copies anywaysmile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 02:48 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

wolverine us awesome....

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:35 AM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

I liked wolverine ever since i found out that cyclops sucked.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:36 AM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

cyclops rules and owns logan all the time...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 02:44 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
cyclops rules and owns logan all the time...

yes

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 06:05 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davehead
BEWY!

I liked Wolverine when I was like 4 (1980's-1990's, I won't say which). My older brother would spend hours explaining to me all about the X-men. Wolverine always stood out as the toughest, so he became my favourite (when you're 4, tougher is always better). After that, the more I learned about him, the more I liked him.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 09:29 PM
Davehead is currently offline Click here to Send Davehead a Private Message Find more posts by Davehead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

indeed

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 10:03 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Believe it or not, I neither hate him nor love him. The closest thing I get to any kind of emotional reaction is that sometimes, IMO, he is rationalized to be nearly unbeatable, kinda overdone, the way Batman Prepared is. On the other side of the coin, I do like the fact that he is short, which is why perhaps Vin Deisel (who at least looks short) woulda been a better actor's choice, though Hugh J is a much better actor.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 10:53 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davehead
BEWY!

gotta love those short superheroes...

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 03:50 PM
Davehead is currently offline Click here to Send Davehead a Private Message Find more posts by Davehead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote