KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????
Started by: lil pimp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Drache53
Zombie Hunter

Oh please, it's people like you that give regular fans a bad name. Sam Raimi stated the reasons why he changed the webs to organic and why Gobby looks like a 'Power Ranger'. It's more practical. Here's pretty much what Raimi and his underlings said: They went with organics because no high school student would be smart enough to make those webshooters. I don't care how smart you are, if you wanna REMOTELY stick to reality, a student making those web shooters would be WAY farfetched.

Now for Gobby: Why would the owner of something like OsCorp fly around in a suit that looks like he bought it from a children's Halloween store. It looks good in comics, but in a movie, NO WAY. Of course there's the alternative, pull an Ultimate Spider-Man, turn him into a big monster, but then you'd complain and gripe about that too, cause it's not EXACTLY like the f***ing comics.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:25 AM
Drache53 is currently offline Click here to Send Drache53 a Private Message Find more posts by Drache53 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LousyBoy

Man, the way i look at movies is like this: Theyre not real to begin with so if theres any part that doesnt make sense to me.. i just ignore it. It never REALLY did happen. If something in a movie doesnt get explained... i just insert my own explanation formyself cause... whos gonna prove me wrong?

I just adpat myself to a movie, not the other way around like some Mr. clowns talk about.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 07:34 PM
LousyBoy is currently offline Click here to Send LousyBoy a Private Message Find more posts by LousyBoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drache53
Zombie Hunter

I agree, some people just can't accept change. It's too much for them to handle.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 09:06 PM
Drache53 is currently offline Click here to Send Drache53 a Private Message Find more posts by Drache53 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Drache53
Oh please, it's people like you that give regular fans a bad name. Sam Raimi stated the reasons why he changed the webs to organic and why Gobby looks like a 'Power Ranger'. It's more practical. Here's pretty much what Raimi and his underlings said: They went with organics because no high school student would be smart enough to make those webshooters. I don't care how smart you are, if you wanna REMOTELY stick to reality, a student making those web shooters would be WAY farfetched.

Now for Gobby: Why would the owner of something like OsCorp fly around in a suit that looks like he bought it from a children's Halloween store. It looks good in comics, but in a movie, NO WAY. Of course there's the alternative, pull an Ultimate Spider-Man, turn him into a big monster, but then you'd complain and gripe about that too, cause it's not EXACTLY like the f***ing comics.

yeah and like its believeable that a kid is going to gain the powers to stick to walls and have super human strength,ect from a spiderbite? Please thats every bit just as unbelievable if not more than a supersmart kid inventing a fluid.that excuse is laughable and holds no water,they just made the change because it was lazy film making on Raimis part.you want to remotely stick to reality,then a spiderman movie should not be made. roll eyes (sarcastic) the whole thing of spiderman is unbelievable and far fetched. roll eyes (sarcastic)

as far as the goblin costume goes,I have no problem with it being all green in the beginning,but later on when osborn steals the suit for his own use,he should decide to look like a goblin and make that decision by putting on the purple clothing.

Sam Raimi's reasons for the change are laughable and no,its the apologists such as yourself,that accept those laughable reasons of his that give spiderman fans a bad name,not people like me and venom girl who hate these stupid and moronic changes with no sound reasoning behind them.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Sep 16th, 2005 at 06:22 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 06:13 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Drache53
I agree, some people just can't accept change. It's too much for them to handle.

see you are putting words in my mouth and making false statements because people like me and venom girl CAN accept change just as long as the changes are reasonable.Obviously you only read parts of my posts and not the whole post because I clearly stated I am all for changes just as long as they are reasonable and justifiable.

Reasonable change=Peter dating mary jane before he dates Betty Brant which is who he dated first in the comics before Mary Jane.

Moronic change=Organic webshooters,goblin costume.get the picture? good you learned something for the day. big grin

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 06:20 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Spiderman has organic webbing in the comics now : (

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 07:15 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by Doc Ock
I guess it's because you have nothing worth saying smile

And please go to your 'work'.Far be it from us sad fools with no lives to stop a swinging cool dude like you from wasting your life away here roll eyes (sarcastic)

Heaven forbid you might make more than 5 posts in 24 hours.Quickly run!!!!

laughing

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 07:20 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Originally posted by TwisterGameX

And has the amazing ability to communicate with earwigs. sick

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 08:25 PM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
And has the amazing ability to communicate with earwigs. sick

laughing

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 09:08 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by TwisterGameX

yep thats what happens when hollywood gets their grubby little hands on a great character like spiderman.pretty soon just because some movie studio decides to go and ruin something like the spidey comics or xmen,they all follow suit and play follow the leader.oh well,I lost interest in the spidey comics when he got married to that whore mary jane.That ruined the spidey comics for me. madIt would have been bad enough to have him get married in the first place,but to that whore mary jane!!!! that was the last straw. mad

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 09:53 PM
Mr Parker

Re: Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Originally posted by lil pimp
I have a huge question for all you hardcore fans i have noticed alot of the spiderman and batman fans really take it to another level ,i mean cursing out another person just becouse of they happened to say something wrong about lets say a villan,i mean all of a sudden you guys turn into the motherf*ck'n Hulk and tear them a part so hears my question to you all why do you take superheroes so seariously i mean there not even real but you guys act like they are!?

Also one more question why do the movies have to be word for word to the comics i mean why cant they be original?

PS: I am just asking simple respectable questions i am not making statements!

yeah some of these fan boys act like they made the damn spiderman and batman movies and cant stand to see these movies critisized which they rightly deserve to be,except for batman begins of course.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 09:57 PM
Null

Originally posted by Mr Parker
yep thats what happens when hollywood gets their grubby little hands on a great character like spiderman.pretty soon just because some movie studio decides to go and ruin something like the spidey comics or xmen,they all follow suit and play follow the leader.oh well,I lost interest in the spidey comics when he got married to that whore mary jane.That ruined the spidey comics for me. madIt would have been bad enough to have him get married in the first place,but to that whore mary jane!!!! that was the last straw. mad

Don't he have like 10 Spider kids, in the comic too ?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 10:09 PM
lil pimp

Here is another question, i dont think sam raimi is a good directer for spiderman for the fact that he does not like the charecter venom and said he is trying to avoid the charecter, now im not just saying this because im a venom fan but i dont think sam has the right to avoid any charecters wether it be venom or vulture or even rhino.so do you guys agree or not.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 10:29 PM
lil pimp is currently offline Click here to Send lil pimp a Private Message Find more posts by lil pimp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

The problem with ANY director is the director's God-complex.
"Screw you, loyal fans!"

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 10:48 PM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drache53
Zombie Hunter

Originally posted by Mr Parker
yeah and like its believeable that a kid is going to gain the powers to stick to walls and have super human strength,ect from a spiderbite? Please thats every bit just as unbelievable if not more than a supersmart kid inventing a fluid.that excuse is laughable and holds no water,they just made the change because it was lazy film making on Raimis part.you want to remotely stick to reality,then a spiderman movie should not be made. roll eyes (sarcastic) the whole thing of spiderman is unbelievable and far fetched. roll eyes (sarcastic)

as far as the goblin costume goes,I have no problem with it being all green in the beginning,but later on when osborn steals the suit for his own use,he should decide to look like a goblin and make that decision by putting on the purple clothing.

Sam Raimi's reasons for the change are laughable and no,its the apologists such as yourself,that accept those laughable reasons of his that give spiderman fans a bad name,not people like me and venom girl who hate these stupid and moronic changes with no sound reasoning behind them.

I never said the idea of Spider-Man itself was realistic. Lazy film making, that's the reason, eh? And Goblins always wear purple clothes? Is that the latest craze in goblin clothing? And yes I accept the changes, I don't totally agree with them completely, but I believe that accepting something is better than complaining my ass off about it every single day.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 11:10 PM
Null

I hate Venom being some nasty suit, that peters father or something made, in ultimate spiderman.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 01:14 AM
Drache53
Zombie Hunter

I kinda liked the way he looked, but it would be better if he was more like the original. I guess me 'accepting' that change makes me a bad fan too, eh? laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 02:51 AM
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
The problem with ANY director is the director's God-complex.
"Screw you, loyal fans!"

That's more Avi Arad's attitude me thinks.He doesn't give a flying f**k what he does to the characters as long as the movie makes him lots of money.

I really hate that bald ass hole evil face

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 01:46 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drache53
Zombie Hunter

He is pretty bald isn't he? lol

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 03:18 AM
scorpionlord
Spider-jide's lil bro

like a eagle

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 06:46 AM
scorpionlord is currently offline Click here to Send scorpionlord a Private Message Find more posts by scorpionlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote