KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Who in DC has the most Untapped Potential?

Who in DC has the most Untapped Potential?
Started by: manjaro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

Who in DC has the most Untapped Potential?

i really want you guys to think about this. dont just throw in your fave charcter cuz you have a preconcieved bias that your guy should have more panel time. i mean ppl who has a result of thier powers should be in the top tier of the food chain, but havent been for some strange reason.

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 07:30 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

superboy

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 07:38 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eleveninches
superboy

eleveninches I have a question for you, why do you have a picture of Dakota Fanning in your sig and list your location as in Dakota?

confused

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 07:43 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro

right off the bat i nominate major disaster. here you have a guy who was already powerful when he was just using mechanical devices. then after his final defeat at the hands of green lantern(hal) his body was destroyed but the devices somehow managed to find a way to reconstruct his being atom by atom. which increased his powers signifcantly. after this his powers were internalized, he had more control and he had a comfortable degree of super human strentgh and durabilty(to the tune of a Thunderbolt like charcter...2 tons, and slightly bullet proof skin) along with an invisible aura that protects him from the effects of his powers and acts as a force field.

then some where along the way he jumped on the demon prince band wagon and sold his immortal soul to Neron for an upgrade. as a result his unspeakably ridculous power level was further increased,(str, and durablity now to a luke cage level) and he can now see the actual strands of chaos, and can affect them accordingly. as a result of that anything that is a qoute, unqoute disaster he can make happen. from natural disaters, to meteor showers, to malfunctioning equipment, to just tripping ppl up. he once even threatened a guy with a heart attack. yet he is contantly on the back burner, and having medicore advenbtures...dont get me wtong im not gunning for him to have his own series or anything, but a more higher profile in mainstream Dc wouldnt hurt

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 07:44 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by manjaro
right off the bat i nominate major disaster. here you have a guy who was already powerful when he was just using mechanical devices. then after his final defeat at the hands of green lantern(hal) his body was destroyed but the devices somehow managed to find a way to reconstruct his being atom by atom. which increased his powers signifcantly. after this his powers were internalized, he had more control and he had a comfortable degree of super human strentgh and durabilty(to the tune of a Thunderbolt like charcter...2 tons, and slightly bullet proof skin) along with an invisible aura that protects him from the effects of his powers and acts as a force field.

then some where along the way he jumped on the demon prince band wagon and sold his immortal soul to Neron for an upgrade. as a result his unspeakably ridculous power level was further increased,(str, and durablity now to a luke cage level) and he can now see the actual strands of chaos, and can affect them accordingly. as a result of that anything that is a qoute, unqoute disaster he can make happen. from natural disaters, to meteor showers, to malfunctioning equipment, to just tripping ppl up. he once even threatened a guy with a heart attack. yet he is contantly on the back burner, and having medicore advenbtures...dont get me wtong im not gunning for him to have his own series or anything, but a more higher profile in mainstream Dc wouldnt hurt

I nominate Superman, His potential is limitless

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 07:45 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by manjaro

Indeed.

If this guy was in the Marvel Universe he would be a Major wink Badass. Potentially he is far more powerful than a character like Thor or Storm, but as he is surrounded by characters such as M.M, W.W , Flash , G.L. and Superman, he he a bit of a irrelevancy. I know this is a bit random, but how powerful would this guy be, if he was made in to a ?Herald of Galactus.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 09:34 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

Dr Fate

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 10:20 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Zatanna and Firestorm.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 11:31 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

SWAMP THING!!!

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 11:48 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Flash.

If he was written at full potential, he would own virtually anyone on earth.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 11:55 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

zatanna, animal man, and vixen

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 03:24 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
eleveninches I have a question for you, why do you list your location as in Dakota?

confused

Because its a great place to be

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 07:52 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Originally posted by olympian
Flash.

If he was written at full potential, he would own virtually anyone on earth.

Damn true. He's awesome!!!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 07:52 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

Wondergirl (cassie) is underrated. After all, she is the daughter of zeus, so she ought to be on par with the other olympian gods.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 07:54 AM
olympian

"zatanna, animal man, and vixen"

Good call, especially on Zatanna and Animal Man. Morrison showed us already his potential, too bad no one followed it the same way.

"Wondergirl (cassie) is underrated. After all, she is the daughter of zeus, so she ought to be on par with the other olympian gods."

While i agree she may be a bit underrated, she would never be on par with the Olympian gods. Herakles wasent ether until he died and became one.

Even at that in -raw power- he wasent higher in scale than the main gods. If your talking about strenght only, its another deal. He already had godlike strenght as a demi god.

Also Zeus did had sons that werent powered. They wer normal. Like Cassie was before she asked for some powers and he granted her wish.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 09:14 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Orion

Seriously, come the hell on D.C, give the man some respect.

The Dog of War owns all! ....well, he SHOULD own all.

sad

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 11:54 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

The Flash. Definitely.

It has been irritating me for years, now, that he isn't written to his full potential.

As Olympian and Eleveninches said, he should own virtually every superhero in the book, yet most of the time he is wasted on villains that Batman wouldn't even bother to get out of bed for.

I want somebody like Todd McFarlane to write him for a while, or Niel Gaiman. Hell, I'll write him myself, I couldn't do much worse.

I actually stopped reading the Flash, because it was making me so angry, all that untapped potential just going to waste.

Attachment: 1_flash.jpg
This has been downloaded 105 time(s).

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 12:55 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro

i agree with firestorm too. a nuclear man who can reshape matter at will, and now he is actually a true fire elemental. but everytime his series is revived it dies down cuz nobdy cares to read it

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 05:26 PM
HaSon

Red Tornado, definitely. He should be a total powerhouse.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 05:54 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Firestorm - soooo powerful, and sooooo stupid

The Flash - he can theoritically own anyone....simultaneously.

Animal Man - the power of ANY organism

Superboy - plays too much like his mentor. He should expand his TK abilites

Cyborg - Way too weak. For god's sake get some promethium armour or something

Steel - has access to unspeakable technologies....and still relies on a hammer?

Batman - I know, I know. But STILL a billionare with his hands dipped in EVERY magical, technological, you name it resouvour STILL relies on KELVAR of all things? He also needs to update his gadgets

Green Lantern (s)- for a ring that can do ANYTHING...the guys are still playing arts and crafts with their rings.

Aquaman - soooo much potential and nobody wants to invest in him

Wonder Woman - soooo much potential. Let's see her skills more. She has so many options available.

Zatanna - nuff said

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 07:21 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote