KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Battle of the Dark Lords

Who would win?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Morgoth 25 58.14%
Sauron 6 13.95%
Voldemort 4 9.30%
Darth Vader 2 4.65%
Darth Sidious 6 13.95%
Total: 43 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle of the Dark Lords
Started by: Some_Black_Guy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

If so then we can say that Morgoth still loses because he isn't even in Middle-earth anymore because the Valar cast him away.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 02:35 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

It should be obvious that the Sith and Voldemort would stand absolutely no chance whatsoever under any circumstances, but wasn't it implied that Morgoth has lost his native element on losing his ability to shapeshift so Sauron in the Second Age might have been stronger than Morgoth in the Fist Age.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 08:48 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bar-en-Danwedh
House of Ransom

in the same way that by 'Return of the king' Farmir, while poisoned, was still more powerful than boromir who was dead!

:P

the man they simply nicknamed 'oh @#$%' !!!

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 04:03 AM
Bar-en-Danwedh is currently offline Click here to Send Bar-en-Danwedh a Private Message Find more posts by Bar-en-Danwedh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Morgoth owns since the lightsabers cant really hurt him if he can kill the sith with magic. plus he was Sauron's master

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 09:29 AM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandos
Why would I want more?

I think the question should be formulated like this:

Which of these evil dark lords is more powerful than the rest, if we compare them when they were all at their most powerful self?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 07:26 PM
Mandos is currently offline Click here to Send Mandos a Private Message Find more posts by Mandos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Council#13
Morgoth owns since the lightsabers cant really hurt him if he can kill the sith with magic. plus he was Sauron's master

A sword injured him badly or did you forget those wounds with his duel and a lightsaber is a lot stronger then a sword.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 12:07 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

eh? well they can use magic so ha

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 10:42 AM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Syko

Morgoth would win, purely based on the fact that if sauron was more powerful, why on earth didn't he overthrow morgoth? Oh, and you can't take the mick out of morgoth for not coming out : "Let the Lord of the Black Land come forth!" But did he? NO. He just sent the mouth. Morgoth kicks ass. Get over it.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 07:57 PM
Darth Syko is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Syko a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Syko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Some_Black_Guy

Originally posted by Bar-en-Danwedh
the only reason morgoth lost was because they sent all the GODs after him!!!

he caused a rebellion in heaven for crying out loud. he created new species...

his body guards were balrogs!!!

what's wrong with everyone?!?

comparing morgoth to darth sideous is like comparing satan to hitler!

and PS. the jedi fooled by DS didn't seem all that smart either...

and Voldermort? the dude scared a baby. ooooooooh....

please.

Morgoth all the way. (Sauron was kick ass though, but he was defeeated by lesser beings).

Haha, haven't been here in a good two months. But anyway, Voldemort has to be killed 7 times for you to actually kill him. And even after you find his six souls(which are guarded by spells and treacherous traps) and kill them, it will still take an extraodinary wizard to kill him and destroy the one inside his body. Also, his army isn't so un-formidable. He has giants, werewolves, wizards, dementors, etc.

Until the stars are all alight
Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall... fade.

Last edited by Some_Black_Guy on Dec 11th, 2005 at 09:21 PM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 09:12 PM
Some_Black_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Some_Black_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Some_Black_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Some_Black_Guy

Originally posted by Mandos
morgoth is a powerful coward.

'Only thing worse than a coward is a coward with power'-Jadakiss big grin

Until the stars are all alight
Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall... fade.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2005 01:04 AM
Some_Black_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Some_Black_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Some_Black_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Originally posted by Some_Black_Guy
Haha, haven't been here in a good two months. But anyway, Voldemort has to be killed 7 times for you to actually kill him. And even after you find his six souls(which are guarded by spells and treacherous traps) and kill them, it will still take an extraodinary wizard to kill him and destroy the one inside his body. Also, his army isn't so un-formidable. He has giants, werewolves, wizards, dementors, etc.

Giants, Werewolves? Wizards, Dementors? They look like playthings compared to Glaurung or the Ringwraiths, even the the Sith Lord's lightsabres!

Darth Sidious and Vader are outclassed. Voldemort gets crushed like an ant and then Morgoth beats Sauron!#

Morgoth wins...

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 07:14 AM
Swirly Girl is currently offline Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

I've never watched LOTR so i cant really comment

just down to the pure fact that i love Star Wars - Vader baby!stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 07:55 PM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Originally posted by Darth Syko
Morgoth would win, purely based on the fact that if sauron was more powerful, why on earth didn't he overthrow morgoth? Oh, and you can't take the mick out of morgoth for not coming out : "Let the Lord of the Black Land come forth!" But did he? NO. He just sent the mouth. Morgoth kicks ass. Get over it.

Are we talking Sauron without the ring?

That's probably the reason he didn't try to overthrow him when he was alive, he didn't have the ring. Without the ring, Morgoth was way more powerful, with it, I don't know.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 08:41 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nazgul lord

Originally posted by fini
lol Sauron be able to beat Morgoth??????? LOL go read a BOOK

yaeh and F.Y.I thats not because sauron defeated him in battle or stabbed him when he slept, go read it again!

morgoth would totaly own all of those chumps!
is there any real point putting star wars villans in a lotr forum poll?? lotr will come up winners every time!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 10:25 PM
Nazgul lord is currently offline Click here to Send Nazgul lord a Private Message Find more posts by Nazgul lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nazgul lord

Originally posted by Escape81
I have. Simarillion, I believe. Morgoth was once Sauron's master. But y'know, there's a reason he no longer is. wink

whoa sorry fini wrong quote pal, this is the quote i intended to go up there ^^^^^

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 10:27 PM
Nazgul lord is currently offline Click here to Send Nazgul lord a Private Message Find more posts by Nazgul lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Syko

Originally posted by kamikz
Are we talking Sauron without the ring?

That's probably the reason he didn't try to overthrow him when he was alive, he didn't have the ring. Without the ring, Morgoth was way more powerful, with it, I don't know.

The only power the ring had was the power that came from sauron. sauron was equally powerful with the ring as he was before he created it. Morgoth owns.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 11:13 AM
Darth Syko is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Syko a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Syko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

OK
1) is morgoth as a valar before he gave up his power?
2) is it EU sidious or just movie sidious?

Ok, voldemort comes out dead first, because his killing curse can be deflected by a lightsaber as well as the only one dependent on his weapon, vader and sidious atleast have to force. the proof on the killing curse is this: while a killing curse can merely shatter a metal statue and not go on, a blaster rifle's laser can pretty much decimate a number of obstacles including at times going through various shields, howevever the blaster rifle laser can be reflected by a lightsaber, as well something like lightning can be absorbed thereby proving the killing curse fails.

vader loses to sidious, and more so if its EU sidious, however sidious loses to sauron unless again the guy who started the thread stats which then will make a interesting match...

Morgoth if he has all his powers and not his power when he dispersed it, easily kicks all their asses, he is a counterpart to satan in the bible, and second to Eru the One, the only star wars being that has a chance against is Marka Ragnos, the most powerful force being. so in ranking
1) Morgoth
2) Sauron/ EU Sidious
3) Sidious/ Sauron( if its EU Sidious)
4) Vader
5) Voldemort

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 06:48 AM
Deception is currently offline Click here to Send Deception a Private Message Find more posts by Deception Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

OHHH, I was wondering what I did to deserve a telling off from Naz!!!?!??!

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 06:03 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
girl_hits_car8

Voldemort

Morgoth was only not easy to defeat, because he had all these dragons, orcs and many other monsters.
He never actually fought directly with someone, accept Fingolfin. That almost defeated him. While Luthien could get Morgoth by such an easy magic trick to let him fall a sleep. If she is able to that, then off course Voldemort beat him totally, that is born as wizard and can do many kind of magic.
And Sauron is only strong with his ring, without that he is nothing! While Voldemort is a natural witch. What can Sauron do against Voldemort without his ring.

No, I think Voldemort is more dangerous. I even think that the death eaters are wurst then the nazgüls, because they kill most of all for fun, while nazgüls are only behind you if you have the ring.

But that is my opinion. I have read the silmarillion and all the parts of Harry Potter and I had already compared Voldemort, Sauron and Morgoth together and that is why I think Voldemort seems for me the strongest.

And like Some_Black_Guy says: he's intelligent, powerful, and willing to do anything to escape death.

Even if Voldemort was defeat by one of the other dark lords, he can come back because of his horcrux.

Old Post May 31st, 2006 12:18 PM
girl_hits_car8 is currently offline Click here to Send girl_hits_car8 a Private Message Find more posts by girl_hits_car8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

The idea of "Dagor Dagorath" was never fully fleshed out. Regardless, it has the uberwench Morgoth tooled by Turin.

Yes but Morgoth is a Valar, Sauron is Maia. Morgoth wins on sheer principle. I think that if Fingolfin were to fight Sauron that the fight would be even/go in Fingolfin's way.

Pretty big contradiction in your post, considering at least both Sauron and Morgoth are Ainu while Fingolfin is a pipsqueak elf. A tough elf (THE toughest), but just an elf.

Sauron should ravage him on sheer principle. But sheer principle determines nothing.

Old Post May 31st, 2006 09:45 PM
Generic Hero is currently offline Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote