KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Battle of the Dark Lords

Who would win?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Morgoth 25 58.14%
Sauron 6 13.95%
Voldemort 4 9.30%
Darth Vader 2 4.65%
Darth Sidious 6 13.95%
Total: 43 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle of the Dark Lords
Started by: Some_Black_Guy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nazgul lord
yaeh and F.Y.I thats not because sauron defeated him in battle or stabbed him when he slept, go read it again!

morgoth would totaly own all of those chumps!
is there any real point putting star wars villans in a lotr forum poll?? lotr will come up winners every time!

Not exactly consdiering that Darth VAder can curbstomp ANY good guy i nthe 3rd age... Hell even Rotj Luke can beat Aragorn.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 01:03 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Morgoth wants them dead. He snaps his fingers. Fights over. They all exploded and went into the void. Bye bye "mighty" Voldemort ur revival thingy cant help u now, can it, Vader and Sidious, dead, Sauron, u shouldnt have even tried...........

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 08:48 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khamul 666

Smile

Morgoth all the way sauron is to morgoth as the with king is to sauron sauron is his luitenent morgoth lost because he was fighting demigods and gods creating a world cost morgoth an arm and a leg
yes i do admire voldemorts powers but wth morgoth is a GOD avada cadavera would do bs to him and sauron wasnt always like he was in the ovies him and morgoh looked like elves once but if you ppl want to take forces into accout than sure
sidious has royal gaurds (excellent fighters with electrostaffs) vader has similiar gaurds
sauron has the nazgul you cant kill them cause theyre already dead
and morgoth well he has balrogs giant demons remember gandalf was technically klled by it but the gods brought him back voldemort and his deatheaters well deatheaters they wouldnt hurt the nazgul or balrogs not severely but minorly and probably kill the sw gaurds but yeah they can get killed by a 16 year old not that good
voldemort himself takes a long time to come back so by that time hes gonn just get knocked down again and again he has a fighting chance but not big one
now the great and allmighty morgoth before he spawned his army he was invincible he is a god no less (my spelling will be off since im using a mac and often dont press keys hard enough)
than to the subject of militaries
SW an infinate army of cyborgs, clones tanks , and etc
Hp people werewolves wizards wolves giants mythical creatures, ect
lotr Wolves ,undead, giants ,orcs,gobs ,wargs,trolls,giants,dragons,wyrms,fellbeasts,spid
ers,necromancers, demons and ect

well Hp ppl do have an impressive force yet lotr has similiar creatures
since that lotr creatures are simply more powerful and plentiful id give it to lotr

Sw has a massive army and if you put all of the rebel and imp foces in one battle head on imps would win but they would be once again be facing guerilla tactics and frankly they suck when it comes to that its TOO orderly blasters nearly make up for that

so id say lotr beats Hp ,Hp beats Sw, Sw either equals or beats, or loses to lotr depending on the terrain

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 07:51 AM
Khamul 666 is currently offline Click here to Send Khamul 666 a Private Message Find more posts by Khamul 666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Ummm. this is not a fioght of the universes, but one of the leaders and enemies.......... Voldemort looks at Morgoth" AVADAKADAVRA!" He scratches his shjolder. "WTF HES NOT DEAD!!!!!" Morgoth says"My turn" Takes Voldemorts twig, snaps it, then crushes him with Grond.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 02:50 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

If this is to be fair in the slightest, then the Avada Kedavra and the Sith's lightsabers/Force-powers need to work on the Ainur.

As the Silmarillion showed us, even a Valar's body can damaged, a la Fingolfin vs. Morgoth. And since this is Morgoth and not Melkor, his power is diminished. And his speed, as far as the narration describes, isn't up to par with Sidious, or frankly even Voldemort. Morgoth (his body anyway) will be destroyed.

Sauron with the Ring=physical being who can be damaged with a sword (albeit a king's elvish one), so a lightsaber should do well here. Off with Sauron's everything.

Sidious' speed and power over an ethereal energy field>>>Voldemort's reflexes.

Vader loses for obvious reasons.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 02:06 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

AVADAKEDAVRA!!!!!! BOOM!!!!! There went Grond killing Voldemort after Sidious dies from avadakedavra.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 01:21 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Lucien, Morgoth was unique in that his physical form could be damaged? Something about spreading his power throughout the entirety of creation seems to have weakened him a bit?

(Vague memories here, anybody got a source?)

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 02:23 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Lucien, Morgoth was unique in that his physical form could be damaged? Something about spreading his power throughout the entirety of creation seems to have weakened him a bit?

That's from Morgoth's ring.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 03:06 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Red Nemesis

Yes, it's been a while since I went through any of Tolkien's work, but I do remember something within canon (was it Morgoth's Ring) stating that Melkor's creations had spread his... "evil" or "power" so thin that he was a shadow of the guy who marred the Creation. That's why a lone Child of Illuvatar (albeit a Noldor King) could take him on for so long and deal that damage to him. And why he practically hid away in Angband while the Host destroyed everything he had created.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 07:16 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Remember it was the host of the Valar, a bunch of Maiar, and Eonwe(a maiar) that is one of the gresatest warriors to ever exist. Dont forget the Eagles of Manwe, adn Earendil on Vingilot.

Isil

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 07:52 PM
Khamul 666

I feel stupid cause I haven't read any of tolkiens works but isnt melkor morgoths original name ?

Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 09:06 PM
Khamul 666 is currently offline Click here to Send Khamul 666 a Private Message Find more posts by Khamul 666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Incanus
Remember it was the host of the Valar, a bunch of Maiar, and Eonwe(a maiar) that is one of the gresatest warriors to ever exist. Dont forget the Eagles of Manwe, adn Earendil on Vingilot.
Yes, I know. But if he had retained all of his original power, he would have been out there helping out his bazzillions of Orcs and stuff.

And yes, Morgromir, Morgoth's original name was Melkor. Feanor bestowed upon him the new name after Melkor killed his father and made off with the Silmarils. The Morgoth of the First Age was a far lesser state of himself than the Melkor who had marred the Song.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 01:33 AM
Khamul 666

oh ok so morgoth is evil and weaker melkor

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 03:10 AM