KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Halo: Darkness Ascendant

Halo: Darkness Ascendant
Started by: Liquid_Fire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (63): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nola_One
Omega

[ok WTF IS GLASSED?!?!!?!]

"Well looks like you guys are acting a bit more effieciently now, doesn't that feel good?" Nuron said to the exhausted looking crew, one of them come up to him, "I.... know it's all in great.... shape but..... why so short of time?" he said panting, "Because we are now out of slip space and I like to be sure everything is in good condition when I am out on a limb of Human territory." And Nuron headed off towards the hanger, to sneek onto a pelican. "Now I'm going to end up helping fix some communications equipment, (maybe even install new stuff)" Nuron sighed and continued along the corridors.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:24 AM
Nola_One is currently offline Click here to Send Nola_One a Private Message Find more posts by Nola_One Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liquid_Fire
Respect

[]When lightning hits sand it makes glass. Glassed is when the Covies rain so much shit down on a planet that the entire surface his glassed and maybe even oceans get boiled away.[]

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 02:24 AM
Liquid_Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Liquid_Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Liquid_Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Huon
Video gamer

Think glass.Now think a entire planet covered in it and its super hard and makes mounds of it that are smooth.Huge open areas with the crystal peaks dominating the batttlefields.The smooth texture undermines vehicles and sends warthogs crashing into the mounds and the covenant quickly passing them over in thier hovering vehicles.

i.e. the covenants favrote battleground where only they can use vehicles to thier advantage and having large open areas where the only cover is off of destroyed vehicles.Also since there would be little to no cover since the entire landscape is this and any trees,buildings or other objects are gone.Just gone.It would be a interesting battlefield to fight upon

you got the idea?

I'd like to thank all te lil people for helping me out!(A bunch of midgets come on the stage waving)

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 02:24 AM
Huon is currently offline Click here to Send Huon a Private Message Find more posts by Huon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liquid_Fire
Respect

[]Yeah, except what kind of retard would send ground troops onto a glassed planet?[]

"Pre-drop check marines. Get it going, move move move." Razak shouted at his men, who checked their ammo and oridnace load out. "We're all ready." Razak said to ten who turned around to the door leading to the cockpit. He opend it, (dare i say it?) "Punch it."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 02:26 AM
Liquid_Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Liquid_Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Liquid_Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Huon
Video gamer

Also the covenant do it to halt human expansion.Like if the humans would win then they wouldnt be able to colonize those planets.And the ocean is boiled away and its glassed.Also it has disadvantages/advantages

Disadvantages:
1.Very very very little cover
2.Snipers can use the mounds that are big but far to thier advantage
3.Slippery ground which means warthogs are of no use to us and even tanks can slip and slid
4.Some parts werent glassed enough and a tank could technically brake through it and go down anywhere from 5 ft to 100 depending on the terrain that was there

Advantages
1.Snipers have mounds but are exposed
2.Open areas allow increased vision for both sides
3.Radar works much better without any obstacles
4.Hunters that jump may actually slip on thier backs and have a lot of trouble actually getting up so hunter fights can turn into a game of who can make thier hunter fall on thier back first.

So also heres some tips for warfare on glassed area's

1.try to keep equal footing so you dont trip
2.If a vehicle falls then jump out as the glass may slide it into your allies or towards your enemy.niether is pleasant
3.Keept moving and going in random directions to avoid snipers
4.steal covenant vehicles
5.Avoid any crevices or pits as you cant get out of thse easily because the glass has super super smooth texture.Can perfectly reflect a image sometimes
6.Use radar since there are no obstructions
7.While in a vehicle never stop because if you stop in a vehicle that touchs the ground then you could veer off into the distance.

Do thse posts give a good enough description?

I'd like to thank all te lil people for helping me out!(A bunch of midgets come on the stage waving)

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 02:33 AM
Huon is currently offline Click here to Send Huon a Private Message Find more posts by Huon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liquid_Fire
Respect

[]I know what a glassed planet is, and the glass is nowhere near 100ft thick, but my point still stands. If a planet is glassed, only a wierdo would land on it.[]

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 02:42 AM
Huon
Video gamer

Did i give enough info about glassed planets?I could say more if ya like.But like do we not know its glassed?Interesting battle if ya asked me

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 02:45 AM
Liquid_Fire
Respect

[]How could you NOT tell if a planet is glassed, and right now this planet aint glassed, plz dont take 4 pages to explain what a glassed planet is and why we should fight on it, maybe we will later, i can see why u think its cool, but realisticly it makes less than zero tactical sense.[]

Name: Shxzalor

(If Needed), Number: No Number

Known as: Shxzalor

Race: Covenant Elite (Shangheli)

Appearance: Wears black Spec Ops armor outlined with gold. He has an air of wisdom and power as well as authority. First impression at a glance grants him respect by his fellow Covenant.

Personality: When he speaks his voice is deep and serene. His tone is gentle, much like that of the Arbiter, but deeper. He is very kind and understands unlike his brothers, kinder than many humans. He takes thought to heart as much as, if not more, than action.

History: Shxzalor is a huge hero among the Covenant, he single handily killed two Demons (Spartans) on Reach. Now he is much more tranquil and refined. While he has not yet done anything to bring light to his views, he hates the Higher Arcs with a deep passion, and his role to play at Diagona is unkown.

(Optional) Other: “Yes brother, I am a traitor…but I am not a betrayer. I have come traitor to the Higher Arcs, but I am a honourable warrior to the Covenant."

Shxzalor walked silently into his quarters and stared solemly out the energy window. "A red dawn has awoken. Blood will be shed and it will run down the fields of Diagona. Lifes will be lost and loved ones gone...for whar purpose? So that we may continue causing death."

Last edited by Liquid_Fire on Sep 11th, 2005 at 02:50 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 02:47 AM
Huon
Video gamer

[]Ok.And if were leaving the ship then heres my post for it[]

Huon watched as all the techs and extra marines left the hangar and then he saw the doors start to creak open and he turned off the landing gear and armed his chaingun.Then he waited his turn in line to leave and after 1 pelican had exited the bay and was hovering outside the hangar bay door he went out and looked back at the ship and turned on a green light in the cabin that meant that they were in space and that noone will shoot or open any doors unless they all wish to die.He engaged the thrusters soon after.They roared to life in the blue light they had and huons pelican started to accelerate towards the planet and he saw the planets ecosystem and how beautiful it looked and he saw the small gray area that was the main city and he took a look at the coordinates and then plotted them to the marines HUD's and then he slowly went to that spot hoping all it was was a asteroid that had gone astray.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 02:54 AM
Nola_One
Omega

ok ty thats all i needed to know, but before the planet gets "glassed" wouldn't that effect volcanic movement and literally the planet would become a lava field? Ah nvm I'm looking at it too much in terms of reality]

Nuron walked though the door into the hanger, there TEN watching over the marines. Nuron walked behind a group of marines checking gear, took, his compliment of equipment, two pistols with his own silencers to add on in (his belt), strapped the holsters to ankles of his armour, sniper rifle on back, five clips, Battle Rifle, full ammo with plenty to spare, and of course his own 'adhesive' grenades, Nuron sigh "Plasmas are still better, Too bad I'm not going to get any soon. Stupid, TEN should be on the front lines, then I might get some Plasmas." Nuron Then walked around and got into the pelican next to TEN, TEN looked around after Nuron had got on, then went back to his business. "I am just an observer." Nuron replied to the Pilot who was obviously going to ask what he was doing.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 03:02 AM
Nola_One is currently offline Click here to Send Nola_One a Private Message Find more posts by Nola_One Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
taru-kun

*stranger lays naked on floor!!!1*

Attachment: youko kurama.jpg
This has been downloaded 58 time(s).

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 04:15 AM
taru-kun is currently offline Click here to Send taru-kun a Private Message Find more posts by taru-kun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Huon
Video gamer

u do know im only like lets see......about 9 or so.Please ask before doing something like that image.I really didnt need to see that....And if my dad sees it he wont allow me to rp on these forums ever again!So dont do anything like that!its disgusting and vulgar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 05:07 AM
FinalSepharim
Under the stars

(I forget the planet name, I think you may have said it once lol.. but This is probobly the best time to enter.. I know this is a hosted RP.. I know you control the MAJOr plot factors... But I'd like to add as much as I can, and hopefully everyone else can add all they can except the dude posting gay nude pics.. to make this RP as enjoyable as possible..
My guy will be starting on the planet yall are about to land on..)

Name: Lance Davaran
Build: Skinny but built
Hair: Dirty blond
eye color: Green

Personality: Likes to get the job done.. has a tendancy to be hated by most under-ranking personell for his constant drills and scolding.. He does it in good nature though and has a very distinct compassion for his fellow soldiers... has a philosophy that the more you ***** and the more you complain, the more they will do to not hear it any more..

History: Joined in the armed forces three years before the first contact with the covenant.. he trained on his homeplanet of earth before being sent to reach, he switched from army to navy in the early part of his pre-covenant career, he trained for two years as a longsword pilot on the UNSC cruiser "Verdent Horizon", not yet a certified pilot he studied virgorously until the fateful day they were dispatched to a small colony world that had been put to the flame.. he was infact the first person to visually see a covenant ship up close as his longsword group was sent to intercept the ship.. after watching the ship tear through his ships with ease and a near fatal hit from a plasma cannon he resigned from the navy and re-enlisted into the marines.. During the battle at reach he fought the covenant with armor.. he and maybe six other people somehow survived the attack and the burning of the surface.. a vessel sent after the battle to see how bad the damage to the planet found them in a underground facility with a stolen wraith tank.. Davaran and the other six men were sent back to earth to commence testing on a new type of tank, a hybrid so to say, something able to support troops on the field and destroy other tanks effectivly.. After a few years (during the entirity of halo-1 and half of halo-2) they worked on the new tank.. during the battle of mombosa the ruined Scarrab that the masterchief had destroyed was analyzed quickly before the city was leveled by the blast..

The result of these expiraments was a new type of tank, a monstrosity in the name of man.. it is called the JagdTiger in commemoration of the most powerful tank destroyer in history to date (ww2) The tank is hovering with four mounts for fold out legs.. the legs are to hold it in place for the massive plasma beam weapon which was worked together from footage of covenant ships and the scarrab.. its main gun turret is a 200mm High explosive armor piercing Mac gun.. three 50cals keep the tank infantry proof.. A few days after it was completed it and Davaran were sent to the planet everyone is enroute to right now.. currently it is under severe testing..

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 10:42 AM
FinalSepharim is currently offline Click here to Send FinalSepharim a Private Message Find more posts by FinalSepharim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalSepharim
Under the stars

Davaran moves slowly over the top of the tanks turret.. looking down he seems baffeled as to why the Plasma mount wont extend when in firing position.. (the turret looks much like a Leopard2 turret but further back down the body of the tank, when in firing mode the Mac gun folds back about halfway and from the underneith the plasma cannon comes fourth)

He moves over the top readily eyeing back and fourth.. a seargent walks up "Sir, general greene told me to tell you a UNSC cruiser was on its way here.. " Davaran looks back. "I wonder if it has the solar converters I requested two weeks ago.. oh well, Tell greene that pad three is clear if they are sending down personell.. pad four still has that screwy pelican.. and two and three have our only working ones.. the sgt nods and walks back to the office.. four other men are in the hangar working on this tank, a total of three are seen in the hangar.. he shouts out.. "Hey anyone got an idea as to why this wont deploy?" a captain walks up and pulls out a metal container from below the turret that was blocking a gear for opening the turret.. Davaran says to him "I knew all along that was there.. I was.. testing you.." the captain smiles then walks off..

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 11:05 AM
FinalSepharim is currently offline Click here to Send FinalSepharim a Private Message Find more posts by FinalSepharim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalSepharim
Under the stars

Here are two pics of the tank to give an idea

Attachment: jagdtiger cannon deployed and firing.jpg
This has been downloaded 53 time(s).

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 11:07 AM
FinalSepharim
Under the stars

heres the other

Attachment: jagdtiger regular firing.jpg
This has been downloaded 50 time(s).

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 11:07 AM
Huon
Video gamer

I thought the only tanks we had were scorpians.and huymanity hasnt mastered the use of plasma or laser weapons.....*sigh* in 500 years there using the same things that we are right now.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 12:59 PM
supatroopa286
The Forum's Drifter

im REALLY SORRY i was camping. can i get a recap?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 04:08 PM
supatroopa286 is currently offline Click here to Send supatroopa286 a Private Message Find more posts by supatroopa286 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blood_Flower
Everything Inside Screams

[ Recap, and I'm truly sorry that I didn't post earlier on. I was busy, can someone tell me where all of you are exactly. I'll pretend my character was there the whole time. ]

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 04:21 PM
Blood_Flower is currently offline Click here to Send Blood_Flower a Private Message Find more posts by Blood_Flower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supatroopa286
The Forum's Drifter

since LF is the game master, lets let him decide what the current situation is for the game, so we all know whats happening

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 04:42 PM
supatroopa286 is currently offline Click here to Send supatroopa286 a Private Message Find more posts by supatroopa286 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote