KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Bond's impact on reality.

Have you ever noticed anything Bond connected?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes and it's very often yes 0 0%
No, Ivenever noticed anything like that no 0 0%
Who is Bond? What the f**k? 1 100.00%
Total: 1 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bond's impact on reality.
Started by: Clovie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Clovie

Bond's impact on reality.

Do you notice in how many situations there are some connections to Bond?

example:
the beginning of taxi 3.

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 11:37 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

but a movie isn't reality so how can you mention taxi 3? confused

but anyway, for movies: XXX, Jason Bourne, ... everything that has a spy in it is based on Bond or takes elements from it.
And then of course you have what Bond means to people... it liberated the movie with in example very sexual scenes (taking off stockings and honey's appearance) were very raunchy at that time...
Or what about the elements of reality it had? The cold war? or more recently the power of hte media (TND) or the danger of science (DaD)

So in short, Bond has had quite an impact on the movie experience... But I fear that if it won't renew, it will lose that impact

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 11:42 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

good point. but i meant like everything..so put it inot word reality..i gues it was not the best idea confused

i think it will never loose it. it's classic

there was an advert of tv.
about closing car in j. bond style.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 11:53 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, the old movies are classics, yes but I don't think the after GE movies have gotten that status yet.

I mostly mean that the bondmovies need to re-invent movies or talk about subjects that are yet to be talked about in movies in a mor eclear way so that later on we will be able again to say that they were a revolution in the movieprocess

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 08:11 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

considering the fact that from the movies after GE i remember only songs and remote controll for a car...they didn't get big status yet.

that will be hard sad
everything seems to be filmed already messed

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 08:19 PM
yerssot

but if they got it more clearly out... DaD was about the danger of technology which is a very important discussion point but I think that failed big time

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 08:54 PM
Clovie

i had no idea. for me it was about fencing and invisible car. :cofnused:

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 09:05 PM
yerssot

see, it totally missed the point

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 09:27 PM
Clovie

there was too much fx and halle

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 09:39 PM
yerssot

and unbelievable things... but the intention was there, seriously

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 07:21 PM
Clovie

but it was totally unnoticable stick out tongue

__
there are male-parfums called Bond. blink

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 07:34 PM
yerssot

granted, you had to look harder but why just give it that easily away?

cause bond means smelly in polish? stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 10:33 PM
Clovie

because it would be cleareer then? huh

there is no such a word in polish stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 07:29 AM
yerssot

no, cause if it's that clear people will say it's too tutoring and they don't want that... seriously, they want layers without being an onion or an ogre

bondy? stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 12:23 AM
Clovie

but I like layers and i hate onion.

i don't recall existence of this word as well stick out tongue

In that book I was reading yesterday, Bond was mentioned at least 5 times big grin

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 07:57 AM
yerssot

so perhaps you're an ogre wink
But it's just that if the makers tell it that easy they get the comment of being too educational but if they don't do it that easy, a lot will miss the point...

Bondov then wink

which book was that? A Fleming novel?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 12:17 PM
Clovie

do i look like one?
so what should they do? huh

at least sounds better (but there is no 'v' in polish alphabet stick out tongue)

nope, Helen Fielding's one

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 02:06 PM
yerssot

lets hope not... or you want to be big and green?
they have to find the middle between the two but it aint easy as you can guess sad

Bondof? stick out tongue why do you have to have such a nasty language? stick out tongue

what's it aboot?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 06:31 PM
Clovie

no. i don't want to be big no but i wanted to have green hair some time ago wink
they should be smart!

Bondow, i think confused and it's not nasty. look at french, they're writing thrice as many letters as they're reading messed

one jurnalist who becomes a spy and fights with terrorist and falls in love(mutuali) in one handsome blonde guy happy

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 08:01 PM
yerssot

do they have green hair?
the moviemakers? why should they! the moviegoers should get what they are steering for, if they don't get it they should get smarter, if they think it's too tutoring, they should blame the retarded ones that need it to be this clear

mais *****, ce n'est pas vrai, hein! Tu sais comment on écrit le français?

and it resembles bond cause he's blond? stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 08:50 PM