KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » did you ever wonder why...

did you ever wonder why...
Started by: masterbruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

did you ever wonder why...

one powerful superhero doesnt just go to the domain of a weaker hero and help settle everything fast

what I mean is, for example, why doesnt superman just fly to Gotham and take out all the criminals, it would take him a day at most (which he could definitely spare considering all the time he spends as Clark Kent)

sure then there would be no batman, or need of him

but it just doesnt make sense to me that superman, a being committed to peace everywhere, wouldnt just take it upon himself to spend a second of his day and clean up Gotham for good

this applies to other characters as well, ie perhaps Thor could go to spideys neighborhood and demolish carnage and those other baddies that give spidey trouble with ease

thats my rant...for now

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 03:12 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

But the weaker heroes would feel left out and become angy and become...........dare i say it............villains!!!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 03:29 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Riiiiiiiight

so Superman deliberately allows innocents to be harmed and endangered simply to protect Batman's fragile ego

now it all makes SENSE

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 03:39 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by masterbruce
Riiiiiiiight

so Superman deliberately allows innocents to be harmed and endangered simply to protect Batman's fragile ego

now it all makes SENSE
Refer to no man's land Batman series when Clark tried to clean it up.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 04:06 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

please briefly explain what happens in it as I do not have access to it

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 04:47 PM
BlaqChaos

Other thoughts.

1) It would leave a power vacuum that every two-bit hood with dreams of glory would try to fill, and end up stating a gang war that would catch a lot of innocents in the crossfire. (There's always a small fish waiting for it's chance to become a big fish.)

2) Because the lock up the criminals instead of kill them, sooner or later like they ALL do, tehy'd either escape or be released. (We all know that Arkum has a revolving door on it.)

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 05:57 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I think that they dont sort each others out cos if for example Superman went to gotham, then Batman would haveta look after Metropolis whilst he is gone, and we all know this means poor Bruce is gonna get killed by Doomsday or summat..........

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 08:14 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

with regard to no mans land bats told clark to stay out. also its a comic thing, for all we know its like that episode of justice league where that one kid psionically created villians for the JSA to fight. heroes need something to do

however i do find it peculiar that bats would rather indirectly sacrifice hundreds of innocent victims than to just put guys like joker and zzxazz(spelling) out of thier misery.

you ever wonder why Wonder Woman only has a small handful of Marquee villains, cuz she doesnt play around when it comes to snapping necks, everybody she fights she fights to kill. at the very least her combatants leave in critical condition, and near death. ppl will take liberties with bats cuz they know that even if they dont escape, they'll only receive a minimal sentence any way.

superman is the same thing he just lets guys bullets richochet off his chest, then he lifts them and brings them to the police, i mean, he deosnt even kick for crying out loud........have you truly ever seen supes kick any body......i sure haventbig grin

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 09:56 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

thats why I liked the part in Kingdom Come where Mangog told Superman that he did what Superman didn't have the balls to do, kill the Joker once and for all

sometimes it just gets ridiculous when you know the villain is going to end up killing hundreds if not thousands of innocent lives, but that these 'heroes' can't get off their conscience if they don't allow the justice system to prevail

it seems that in the comics, the justice system exists to protect the villains from the heroes rather than the society from the villains

a illustration of what I find ridiculous:

Person X: why don't you kill the villain
Hero: because then I become him
Person X: but he just killed hundreds of innocents
Hero: we'll let the justice system handle his punishment
Person X: he's gotten out before, numerous times, and he will kill more
Hero: it is not up to us to decide, I won't kill him
Person X: even if it means that hundreds of other innocents shall die
Hero: yes
Person X: thanks for doing a great job of protecting innocents, Mr. Hero
Hero: You're welcome, citizen

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 10:28 PM
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

ahhh yes...the old "if we kill, we are no better than they are" routine...ive been screaming about that for years. thats why im very enthusiastic to see what the red hood will turn out to be. he has already deaded dozens of small time bad guys, but he hasnt yanked any big fish yet... of course bats will inevitably get in his way but at least he'll rid the srteets of garbage b4 the writers decide its time for him to be stoppped

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 10:46 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote