KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » The 7 horcruxes....huh?

The 7 horcruxes....huh?
Started by: allofyousuckkk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Notavailable
I also wonder. Did Voldemort ever get around to making the 7th horcrux? Wasn't he planning on using Harry's death to make #7? If so, then there could be one horcrux less than we thought. Or he could have made a new one after he came back.

He Killed the Old man Remeber? It was hinted That by Killing the Old man He Made his Snake the 7th Horocrux.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 03:18 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

Originally posted by the_ANTI
but harry got his scar after voldemort's powers were stripped. or it happened at the same time. Voldemort wanted to kill harry, he wasn't hoping he would survive. and even if he was, he couldn't possibly cast the spell to turn harry's scar into a horcrux. voldemort tries to kill harry, and within a split second, the scar is there, and BAM! voldemort is stripped of his powers! and also, voldemort wouldn't strip himself of his powers just to have a last horcrux. he isn't that stupid!!

I don't Believe harry Is A Horocrux, but think about this:

He Wouldn't be stupid by making Harry a Horocrux, He Wuold be Down Right Smart, a genious.

If Voldermort Dies, He Relives becasue of Harry.

So Harry Most Destroy All HoroCruxes. If he must do so, he Must kill Himself, Thus, Destroy the only Person that Can overcome Voldermort.

If Harry Doesn't Kill himself, but Kills voldermort, Voldermort Relives beacsue of Harry. And He'd have to Kill Him again.... If Harry isn't Dead.

As I Said, He'd Be Down right genious.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 03:21 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

He'd be downright stupid. He wouldn't create a Horcrux he had no control over- he's far too paranoid for that. Furthermore, Voldemort is obsessed with killing Harry; he wouldn't create a Horcrux with the sole intent of destroying it. And finally, he'd be only too aware that Harry would just kill himself if need be.

It's a dumb idea from start to finish.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:46 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hpfan123
hP-fAn-4-eVa

Worried

Voldemort was going to make his 7th horcrux with harry death yes so his scar couldnt be the 5th one as harry wouldnt even have the scar yet or even be born yet, after reading all the books i think that it is true what dumbledore said and he said that when dumbledore killed that old man (in book 4) he decided to make his horcrux with the old mans death and hide the part of his soul in the snake this is wht i think the horcruxes are:

1. Marvolos ring
2. Riddles diary
3. Hufflepuffs locket
4. Slytherines cup
5. Either something of ravenclaws, the gryfindor sword or sorting hat
6. Voldemorts snake
7. This parts inside voldemort himself

This is what i beleve if he really did make this many horcruxes he could have only made a few! tell me what you think!??

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 10:51 AM
hpfan123 is currently offline Click here to Send hpfan123 a Private Message Find more posts by hpfan123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

I think that Harry Will never be able to Find the Other Horocruxes With one Book. He bassically has to start from scratch wit no leads at all, toehr then Speculations about what they might be... PLUS he has to Kill LV, no way can he do that in one book, I mean, look how long it took A Well informed Dumbledore, it took him Almost an entire year to located Just one of them.

Thats Why I think the Seventh Will be Good awfull.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 04:54 PM
Dresta

Originally posted by hpfan123
Voldemort was going to make his 7th horcrux with harry death yes so his scar couldnt be the 5th one as harry wouldnt even have the scar yet or even be born yet, after reading all the books i think that it is true what dumbledore said and he said that when dumbledore killed that old man (in book 4) he decided to make his horcrux with the old mans death and hide the part of his soul in the snake this is wht i think the horcruxes are:

1. Marvolos ring
2. Riddles diary
3. Hufflepuffs locket
4. Slytherines cup
5. Either something of ravenclaws, the gryfindor sword or sorting hat
6. Voldemorts snake
7. This parts inside voldemort himself

This is what i beleve if he really did make this many horcruxes he could have only made a few! tell me what you think!??

NO!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 09:53 PM
Dresta is currently offline Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

I think there is a slight possibility that one of the horcruxes could be Wormtails silver hand. We don't know a great deal about this item, it could have a connection to ravenclaw or griffindor? I know its a long shot, but its not as unlikely as harry being a horcrux; which is just plain ridiculous for a number of reasons people have pointed out on this forum.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 08:41 AM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Originally posted by Acherontia
I think that Harry Will never be able to Find the Other Horocruxes With one Book. He bassically has to start from scratch wit no leads at all, toehr then Speculations about what they might be... PLUS he has to Kill LV, no way can he do that in one book, I mean, look how long it took A Well informed Dumbledore, it took him Almost an entire year to located Just one of them.

Thats Why I think the Seventh Will be Good awfull.

I must admit this worries me as well, I would be very disappointed if J.K.R resorted to a deus ex machina to finish the series. Book six saw Harry struggle to deal with Malfoy twice (on the train and in the bathroom) then struggle to deal with the zombie things in the cave (if Dumbledore hadn't been there...) and then totally fail to do anything to Snape who may or may not have been holding back.

It just seems like it would be such a big jump from that to tracking down who knows how many horcruxs and defeating Voldermort as well, who I assume would be equal to Snape, if not even more powerful.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Last edited by Imperial_Samura on Sep 28th, 2005 at 09:04 AM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 08:56 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

Personally, I think Snape will be Harrys biggest asset in the next book. Prepare yourself for the ultimate irony in the last book, when Snape and Harry fight side by side against Voldemort.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 09:02 AM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the_blue_baby
Viki the cherry

Tongue

The 7 Horocruxes are like this:

1.The diary - 2nd book
2.The ring - 6th book
3.The medallion - 6th book again
4.The Hufflepuffs locket - 7th book
5.The diadem - 7th book again
6.Harry Potter's scar in fact Harry as himself - 7th book again
7.Naginy Voldemrots Snake 7th book again (In the end)

These are
Enjoy
:P :*

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 01:48 PM
the_blue_baby is currently offline Click here to Send the_blue_baby a Private Message Find more posts by the_blue_baby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Hindsight is always 20/20

did anyone guess right the first time? (b4 reading no. 7?)

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 04:30 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
flipkick777
Outrageously Uber Ninja

Originally posted by the_blue_baby
The 7 Horocruxes are like this:

1.The diary - 2nd book
2.The ring - 6th book
3.The medallion - 6th book again
4.The Hufflepuffs locket - 7th book
5.The diadem - 7th book again
6.Harry Potter's scar in fact Harry as himself - 7th book again
7.Naginy Voldemrots Snake 7th book again (In the end)

These are
Enjoy
:P :*

but there is a slight error here............you are forgetting that Dumbly said he guessed thet there were seven pieces, but there were actually eight.... they are as follows:

• The Locket
  • The Ring
  • The Diary
  • The Cup
  • The Diadem (Ravenclaw's)
  • Nagini
  • Good ol' Voldie himself. But the night Lily and James were killed, he gave a bit of his soul over to Harry, thereby creating another "Horcrux", if you will. This makes eight peices.

Sorry.......I just felt the undying need to correct that. You may ignore this post at will...... eek!

"Read as much as you can. Keep writing and then throwing it away until one day you do something that you don't think belongs in the bin. Stick to writing what you know about. Don't give up."-- J.K. Rowling, regarding becoming a writer.

I may be a dork, but I am the coolest dork you will ever meet!

Whoever said nothing was impossible never tried slamming a revolving door....

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 03:47 AM
flipkick777 is currently offline Click here to Send flipkick777 a Private Message Find more posts by flipkick777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Originally posted by Jbill311
Hindsight is always 20/20

did anyone guess right the first time? (b4 reading no. 7?)
No one could have, because the diadem of Ravenclaw had not been mentioned before book 7...
And whoever resurrected a 3 year old thread is an idiot.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 09:08 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
flipkick777
Outrageously Uber Ninja

Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
No one could have, because the diadem of Ravenclaw had not been mentioned before book 7...
And whoever resurrected a 3 year old thread is an idiot.

No......whoever resurrected this 3 year old thread is someone who cares about it enough to do something.

"Read as much as you can. Keep writing and then throwing it away until one day you do something that you don't think belongs in the bin. Stick to writing what you know about. Don't give up."-- J.K. Rowling, regarding becoming a writer.

I may be a dork, but I am the coolest dork you will ever meet!

Whoever said nothing was impossible never tried slamming a revolving door....

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 10:11 PM
flipkick777 is currently offline Click here to Send flipkick777 a Private Message Find more posts by flipkick777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MightyCelestial

Every time any one of us posts on this site,
a bit of our souls die.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 02:50 AM
MightyCelestial is currently offline Click here to Send MightyCelestial a Private Message Find more posts by MightyCelestial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

1:The Ring[which was the stone to see dead people from the tales]
2:Tom Riddles diary[destroyed by Harry in CoS]
3:Nagini[i think that why Voldy could control her like the Basilisk]
4: Slytherins locket
5:Hufflepuffs cup
6:Ravenclaws crown/headpiece thingy[hidden in the Room of Requirement]
7:Harry himself[via when Voldy tried to kill babeh Harry and a piece of Voldy was transferred into Harry which explains why the hat wanted to put him in Slytherin/why he could speak Parletongue/why Voldy could look into Harrys mind and control it]

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 05:12 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by MightyCelestial
Every time any one of us posts on this site,
a bit of our souls die.

the higher your postcount, the more dead inside you are

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 05:13 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nakama

i like harry potter and i have read some of the books too. i am only a newbie in HP that's why i only know little things of this wonderful series. What is a horcrux anyway?...eeeehhh sorry if you think the question is stupid. I am just dying to know the meaning of this word.

Ai-ai Bad Influence Daw?
Marian Tinaob ni Angel
Charice Pempengco Greatest Achievement
The Famous and Funny Impersonators-Ai and Pokwang
Marian Umiyak at Nagmakaawa

Old Post Mar 11th, 2009 12:39 PM
nakama is currently offline Click here to Send nakama a Private Message Find more posts by nakama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by nakama
i like harry potter and i have read some of the books too. i am only a newbie in HP that's why i only know little things of this wonderful series. What is a horcrux anyway?...eeeehhh sorry if you think the question is stupid. I am just dying to know the meaning of this word.

A horcrux is an object (inanimate or animate) that has a piece of a person's soul hidden within it. Its purpose is to grant the person immortality, for as long as part of the soul is intact, the person can never truly die.

The creation of a horcrux is considered some of the darkest magic in the Harry Potter universe.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2009 09:34 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by celestialdemon
A horcrux is an object (inanimate or animate) that has a piece of a person's soul hidden within it. Its purpose is to grant the person immortality, for as long as part of the soul is intact, the person can never truly die.

The creation of a horcrux is considered some of the darkest magic in the Harry Potter universe.

Spoiler, much?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 12:49 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote