KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Jesus Christ

Was Jesus God?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 81 47.93%
No 77 45.56%
Unsure 11 6.51%
Total: 169 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jesus Christ
Started by: Jackie Malfoy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (208): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Question Is God and Jesus the same person?

I am aware acouse that some relions think they are the same while others don't!Which makes it very confusing to me.
So what do you think and what are your thoughts on this?Remember there is no right or wrong answear!JM confused embarrasment

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 01:39 AM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

...no, they're not confused

I'm a signature!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 01:41 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

I think there is a right answer as it clearly states in the bible that Jesus is the son of God. Also, what makes you say God is a person?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 01:43 AM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I don't think god or jesus for that matter is a person I just wanted it to be easy for you guys to understand what I am asking.
I think he is a spirt of some kind.But then again he was a person and then he dead came back and is in heaven so now he is a spirt but before I am pretty sure he was a person!I could be wrong however.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 01:47 AM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Tyler Durden! Tyler Durden!

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 01:49 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

According to the Bible, it's pretty clear that Christ and God were distinct entities. But that would mean that Christianity had two gods--God and Jesus. And the early Christian leaders desperately didn't want to be viewed as a polytheistic religion, so they came up with the idea of the Trinity, which says that, okay, there's the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, but they're really one and the same, right? The end result, of course, is that when you read the Bible, Jesus sometimes seems downright schizophrenic ("My God My God why hast though forsaken me?")

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 01:51 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

That is something to think about.I think he was talking to his father who is god.Man I am geting even more confuse!Anyway sorry to get off topic but Spearhead love your siggy!JM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 02:14 AM
Naz
Super Senior Member

Re: Is God and Jesus the same person?

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I am aware acouse that some relions think they are the same while others don't!Which makes it very confusing to me.
So what do you think and what are your thoughts on this?Remember there is no right or wrong answear!JM confused embarrasment

it depends what relegion you are talking about. illtry to explain best i can in the light of my relegion.

but ok, see there is one God, ok. and this one God is made up of 3 differnt people. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Ok, and now alot of people don't understand this here part, thats why they claim thet Catholics aren't monotheistic, but though there are 3 person in God, there is still only one God, like how a clover has three leaves, yet it is still a single clover.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 02:14 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Ok there is a clover now and there is now a father son and holly ghost?Ok I can kind of understand that.I am talking about many different relions.
My dad is jewish and says that we only belive in jesus but we dont believe that he is god or that he dead!When according to a bible I read it says he did die for our sins.
and was actly a person before he died.Is this true?Or am I geting you confuse?Sorry!JM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 02:17 AM
Naz
Super Senior Member

I think Jewish people believe that Jesus actually lived, but was a prophet, not the Son of God, and I don't think they go by the New Testement, cause thats all about Jesus.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 03:03 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

And some Jews hold that Jesus was an outright fraud ie not even a prophet.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 03:05 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Jews think Jesus was a fake, Muslims think he was a prophet, Christians believe he was the messiah

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 03:11 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

I believe Jesus to be the Son of God, Surely when he said: Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
He was not talking to himself, he was talking to God

When John the Baptist, baptized Jesus, God said spoke to him and said: Mat 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

They are 1 spirit, but have different personalities, if that makes sense. KInda like you have a GLASS, WATER AND OIL, they are all one in but separatly they do different things. Egg: hard shell, the white and yoke.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 03:41 AM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

the Koran/Qu'ran believes Jesus just as a prophet

im not sure about Judaism

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 03:43 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
I think Jewish people believe that Jesus actually lived, but was a prophet, not the Son of God, and I don't think they go by the New Testement, cause thats all about Jesus.

What do would you say a prophet is?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 03:44 AM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

er... if you don't know the answer to this, you would have get prosecuted in the middle ages blink

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 11:41 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

Re: Is God and Jesus the same person?

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
depends on you religion,
christians believe he was a son of god, means a god. so answer would be yes.

in other religions (like: judaism, islam) he is known as a prophet.

in some other (like: buddism) the whole idea of god is totally different.

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 11:46 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

It's stated by Catholic that God was Jesus and also the Son which is very hard to explain how that works. New born christians also believe the same thing

According to Jews, to what I know they only believe hime to be a prophet? am I wrong? I believe this also goes by other religions that believe in god.

Personally I have no Idea what to believe. A friend of mine believes that Jesus was just a crazy man with sensible Ideas.

Last edited by Kram3r on Nov 2nd, 2004 at 06:18 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 06:16 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

The way I was told about God was that there is a holy trinity. God, the father was the creator... he rules up in heaven. Jesus, the son of God came down to save the sins of the world, died crucified and was buried and rose again... now back in heaven. The third part of the Holy Trinity is the Holy Spirit... through the Holy Spirit God does his work in the world, it was the holy spirit which caused the disciples to speak in tounges, cause miracles, etc...

The three parts are all one god, but these parts of God work differently... if that makes sense

Attachment: god trin.jpg
This has been downloaded 933 time(s).

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 06:47 AM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

That makes alittle sence to me.But how can god be all three people?It is like saying that he is three different kind of people.Anyway what I am trying to ask you is why do we say is who is the father and who is son and who is the holy ghost?
Anyone know?Also a Prophet is someone I think who teaches about god and is one who people think is god.I could be wrong through.I really don't have a clue!JM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 01:24 PM