KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » It's now official.NO GAMBIT IN X3

It's now official.NO GAMBIT IN X3
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~dorkerina~

I'm still in denial. I wont' believe it until after I see the movie. If I do and he's not in it (most likely the case), it will still take several hours to let it sink in. *sigh*

(\ /) copy the little bugger into your sig
(O.o) and help him
(> < ) ACHIEVE WORLD DOMINATION! The most powerfull and fulfilling of all evil designs.

Old Post May 21st, 2006 07:09 AM
~dorkerina~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~dorkerina~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~dorkerina~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leo.M
A Riddle

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ~dorkerina~
I'm still in denial. I wont' believe it until after I see the movie. If I do and he's not in it (most likely the case), it will still take several hours to let it sink in. *sigh*

I'm with you on that one.

Old Post May 21st, 2006 08:33 AM
Leo.M is currently offline Click here to Send Leo.M a Private Message Find more posts by Leo.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
laurel lebeau
the one and only

Love

i believe it, it's just that THEY (being the bad guys) don't believe that I (being one of the good guys) will SERIOUSLY organize strikes. actually, i won't.... because if gambit really isn't in the movie, the only way for us to get him, ever, is if we all go see the movie like, 500 times, so they make more.

laurel

Old Post May 21st, 2006 12:37 PM
laurel lebeau is currently offline Click here to Send laurel lebeau a Private Message Find more posts by laurel lebeau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

i had a dream that in the dangeroom sequence i saw this card glowing fly through the air (pst storms head) at a sentinel then gambit was behind....twas cruel thought it was a clip i had seen on here lol

Old Post May 21st, 2006 09:04 PM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Casting no one as Gambit is the only good casting decision the X-Men franchise has made!

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 21st, 2006 09:43 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
laurel lebeau
the one and only

Love

why do you say that?

Old Post May 21st, 2006 10:52 PM
laurel lebeau is currently offline Click here to Send laurel lebeau a Private Message Find more posts by laurel lebeau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

... because Gambit sucks?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 12:37 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
laurel lebeau
the one and only

Love

.... but why? what is it that makes gambit 'suck'? do you not like his accent, or his clothes? do you think he's an under-developed character? do you think his abilities are not 'cool' enough, or is maybe his hair annoying you? what is it, mon ami? is it just because no one knows (or wants to know) your name, and gambit has MANY threads on this forum alone dedicated to how cool he is? i think that could be it. but laurel makes no assumptions.... what IS your reason?

laurel

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 12:16 PM
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

I can’t believe that they would keep teasing us with his appearance and then not do at least a cameo. My favorite X-Men characters are Gambit, Juggernaut and Rouge and I got two of them but not the third. Dam them all the H-E double toothpicks.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 03:04 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
laurel lebeau
the one and only

Love

forget toothpicks. at least make it hockey sticks, so we have a weapon. big grin

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 06:51 PM
Neptune
the ice cream man

Did you guys read that new interview with Penn and Kinberg? This is what they had to say about Gambit:

Q: Do you guys now hate Gambit?

Penn: [laughs] Oh my God, so much. No, we don’t hate Gambit! We love Gambit. It’s just hard to work him in.

Kinberg: You know what, honestly, there’s a lot of characters in this movie but the reason Gambit’s not in this movie is that we like him too much. We didn’t want to give him a cameo or three scenes, we wanted to give him the kind of role that Beast has in this movie or Nightcrawler had in the second one, a real feature role. And there wasn’t room for a feature role in this particular story. He didn’t fit in with the Phoenix or the cure.

Penn: We had a cameo for him in the prison, but we cut it. Even the Marvel guys… Kevin Feighe, who by the way deserves some of the credit for this. We say we’re the only continuity, but he’s the other person who’s even more religious about the comics. But Kevin pulled us aside and said, why are we even doing this? It’s not going to make Gambit fans happy because there’s no relationship with Rogue, and there’s no way we could work it in. And by the way, it’s not like there was an actor who was the perfect person to play Gambit, and once you introduce him you’ll want to bring him back again and again. As opposed to throwing Callisto in there – although I guess there are some rabid Callisto fans out there – but we felt like we could throw her in and do what we needed her to do and not worry about it, but with Gambit we couldn’t do that. People would be furious because the character is so popular.

Kinberg: Honestly we would be furious. He’s a character both really like, and it we wouldn’t want to give the two or three scenes to this rich character that the movie could afford.

I think it's a load of crap. Since when is Gambit so important that he absolutely must be a leading character? What's wrong with a cameo? It's way better than not having him at all. So they just decided for all us Gambit fans that we wouldn't be happy with a cameo. Penn and Kinberg, you guys officially suck

Old Post May 24th, 2006 04:15 PM
Neptune is currently offline Click here to Send Neptune a Private Message Find more posts by Neptune Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
laurel lebeau
the one and only

Love

well, at least he will be well treated when he appears. like the god he is. big grin

Old Post May 24th, 2006 09:59 PM
zslick

hahaha ****en bitches they created gambit for a reason and he should be in the movie its rogue falls in love with him not icy boy and ****en a he save jubalean or how ever you spell her name they he saves her the ****en mall he better be in the other x-men movies!!!

Old Post May 24th, 2006 10:14 PM
zslick is currently offline Click here to Send zslick a Private Message Find more posts by zslick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rianna_d

Originally posted by laurel lebeau
well, at least he will be well treated when he appears. like the god he is. big grin

Happy Dance you're damn right! he's a GOD!

Old Post May 25th, 2006 07:53 AM
rianna_d is currently offline Click here to Send rianna_d a Private Message Find more posts by rianna_d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
office jesus

...Will you people listen to yourselves? "OMFG. GAMBIT ISN'T HERE. THIS SUCKS!" Christ. You're starting to sound like a broken record. ALL of you need to stfu.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 08:01 PM
office jesus is currently offline Click here to Send office jesus a Private Message Find more posts by office jesus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katie_girl09

Seriously, office_jesus: If you don't wanna hear Gambit fans complaining about Gambit not being in the movies, then stay out of the "Its now official. NO GAMBIT IN X3" thread. That's like going onto a Wolverine fansite and complaining about the amount of Wolverine fans on it: it just doesn't make any sense dude.

Old Post May 27th, 2006 03:31 AM
katie_girl09 is currently offline Click here to Send katie_girl09 a Private Message Find more posts by katie_girl09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katie_girl09

Neptune:
Thanks! Where did you find that interview?
It does kind of make a little sense what they are saying. I mean, Gambit IS a really popular character. I would estimate (and I would like to emphasize ESTIMATE so that fans of other characters won't rip my head off) that he is the second most popular X-man. Just look at how many people wanted to see him in this movie!
I still think that the real reason why they don't wanna put him in the movies is that they don't want Wolverine to have to share the spotlight. And who says that he MUST be with Rogue in the movies?? I would be happy just to see him there. I don't care whether he get with Rogue or not!
Well, that's my two cents...

Old Post May 27th, 2006 03:40 AM
katie_girl09 is currently offline Click here to Send katie_girl09 a Private Message Find more posts by katie_girl09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
laurel lebeau
the one and only

Love

Originally posted by office jesus
...Will you people listen to yourselves? "OMFG. GAMBIT ISN'T HERE. THIS SUCKS!" Christ. You're starting to sound like a broken record. ALL of you need to stfu.

mon ami, listen to katie_girl. you're an idoit. seriously. telling us to stfu when you're the only one talking anything even remotely out of line. dieu jésus, stupide crétin..., for you, imbecile, i use simple words with english grammar. i'm sure you can get someone to tell you how to speak a CIVILIZED language. commun porcs. maybe an internet translator? all i can say is grandir l'enfant gâté.... grow up, you spoiled brat.

Old Post May 28th, 2006 01:29 AM
Neptune
the ice cream man

Originally posted by Mainstream
let me think...they did a poll after Xmen 1 "which character would you like to see in X2..." Gambit won. Gambit was suppose to be in X2...as a cameo..it got pulled...about 50 sites said he'd be in X3..yet he's not....hmmmmmmm interesting. my bullsh*t sense is tingling...I know what they saying...."Gambit too much like Wolverine" really? Gambit got a healing factor and claws...he can't remember stuff, he want to get in Jean's pants, (that one might be true though..but what guy xman don't) Gambit was a lab rat for canada? Gambit a white thug would be player Wolverine a tough guy with honor and rage....they're as different as Superman is to Lex. and the other one "Gambit powers are too much like Cyclops" for the love of Apocalypse...does anyone in hollywood even know what Gambit powers are? Gambit charges up none living objects...Cyclops fires an optic blast...how is that similar...theirs that bullsh*t sense again....like said Xmen 4 people...they can't push Remy back forever.

Mainstream, you are my new best friend. So true it is.

Old Post May 28th, 2006 09:21 PM
Neptune is currently offline Click here to Send Neptune a Private Message Find more posts by Neptune Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
systemshock2

Originally posted by laurel lebeau
mon ami, listen to katie_girl. you're an idoit. seriously. telling us to stfu when you're the only one talking anything even remotely out of line. dieu jésus, stupide crétin..., for you, imbecile, i use simple words with english grammar. i'm sure you can get someone to tell you how to speak a CIVILIZED language. commun porcs. maybe an internet translator? all i can say is grandir l'enfant gâté.... grow up, you spoiled brat.

Wow that was beautiful Laurel. =) Now that made me laugh.

I want Gambit too in the next film. He could essentially be the next Wolverine should Jackman only do the solo-wolverine films. What I mean is that Gambit could be the next solo-mutant who is introduced to the school, and due to his nomadic ways has a tough time fitting in. Of course he could instantly fall for Anna Paquin's Rogue, and we could have another great love triangle in the film, this time between Rogue, Iceman, and Gambit. And how about Clive Owen for Gambit? I could easily see him pulling off the rugged man look.

Best rivalry ever!

Old Post May 31st, 2006 09:49 PM
systemshock2 is currently offline Click here to Send systemshock2 a Private Message Find more posts by systemshock2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote