KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » How strong(exactly) is Batman??

How strong(exactly) is Batman??
Started by: braz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

^^^^ I completly agree


__________________


BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 10:10 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Snake
The General

Gender: Male
Location: Avalon where none Dare to Tread

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jplatinum
You can't punch or kick down a tree, even in a ninja trance, the body, unless superhuman durability and density would crumble like bread crumbs.

Even though batman is a comic book peakhuman, he still can't kick down a tree of that size, especially not in one kick.

His leg would've shattered to pieces on the inside and the tree wouldn't have did more than shake one time.

That is bullshit,dude.

You can only do so much, even if you master mind over matter/combat ki/iron body/iron body shaolin/ or even self hypnosis.

The body can only sustain so much. Batman is no exeption, his body isn't superhuman only peakhuman, if thats the case those lazziass slack writers/creators need to change his profile bio stat ffom peakhuman to low-level superhuman, ita damn misleading and not fair to the comic book fans.


You have someone who shouldn't be able to do this and that,according to their bio and physicall makeup, then, he is somehow able to do things that are way way way way way way out of his physical league, its ridiculous.


If they make that exeption for batman, then they need to just draw alfred up lifting a building or maybe marvel should have spiderman lifting 150 billion ton mountain.


That shit sickens me.
Stick to the character bio stats if you're gonna have him do insane level shit at least give a good reason/give him an upgrade/ or something.
Don't just have him doing it cause "ummmm he's batman".

IT sickens me.



who says it was one kick? theres nothing to prove it or refute it.

there are martial artists who chop thru several blocks of wood and concrete with one chop anyways, so why cant bats.

your statement rings false


__________________

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 03:25 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

Gender: Male
Location: United States

^dude, thats not real, they rig those concrete bricks in a way so u can break them...and the boards, you hit them at a certain angle to where they break.....j's right, batman's pretty bad, but hes no superman or spiderman

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 04:25 PM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Snake
The General

Gender: Male
Location: Avalon where none Dare to Tread

i disagree... i had a girlfriend who used to break the wood with her hands and stuff



she would have told me if it was a set up


__________________

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 09:51 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by braz
^dude, thats not real, they rig those concrete bricks in a way so u can break them...and the boards, you hit them at a certain angle to where they break.....j's right, batman's pretty bad, but hes no superman or spiderman


ya, they're pre cut


__________________

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 10:36 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sevenman
Junior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

hes REALLY strong


__________________
Marge: Homer, there's a man here who thinks he can help you!
Homer: BATMAN?
Marge: No, he's a scientist.
Homer: Batman's a scientist.
Marge: IT'S NOT BATMAN!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 09:07 AM
sevenman is currently offline Click here to Send sevenman a Private Message Find more posts by sevenman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botcherby
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United Kingdom

Batman in regard to the Marvel universe is significantly stronger than Daredevil, as seen in Marvel vs. DC where he knocked out Bullseye in one punch. Secondly he is marginally stronger than Captain America.

Also in the real world people have been know to do incredible feats of strengths under pressure, like lifting a car for several hours straight so it wouldn't crush a woman to death, and stuff like that so relating that to the comic books, maybe Batman could have held 1000pounds... but he should have broken his legs in the process :P


I'm not sure about the next bit I'll say, but during 1996 didn't Captain America still have Super Strength? if thats true then Batman is pretty freaking strong for your usual dude.


__________________

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 10:52 PM
botcherby is currently offline Click here to Send botcherby a Private Message Find more posts by botcherby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zarathustra
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Canada

My Marvel isn't so great, but I don't think Cap ever had "super" strength. The super-serum just allowed him to reach full human potential, as I recall: so he's about strong as a non-superpowered man can be.


__________________
^...thus spake Zarathustra

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 11:14 PM
Zarathustra is currently offline Click here to Send Zarathustra a Private Message Find more posts by Zarathustra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zarathustra
My Marvel isn't so great, but I don't think Cap ever had "super" strength. The super-serum just allowed him to reach full human potential, as I recall: so he's about strong as a non-superpowered man can be.


Are you sure cause I keep hearing that hes just slightly above peak human? confused

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 02:15 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jplatinum
You can't punch or kick down a tree, even in a ninja trance, the body, unless superhuman durability and density would crumble like bread crumbs.

Even though batman is a comic book peakhuman, he still can't kick down a tree of that size, especially not in one kick.

His leg would've shattered to pieces on the inside and the tree wouldn't have did more than shake one time.

That is bullshit,dude.

You can only do so much, even if you master mind over matter/combat ki/iron body/iron body shaolin/ or even self hypnosis.

The body can only sustain so much. Batman is no exeption, his body isn't superhuman only peakhuman, if thats the case those lazziass slack writers/creators need to change his profile bio stat ffom peakhuman to low-level superhuman, ita damn misleading and not fair to the comic book fans.


You have someone who shouldn't be able to do this and that,according to their bio and physicall makeup, then, he is somehow able to do things that are way way way way way way out of his physical league, its ridiculous.


If they make that exeption for batman, then they need to just draw alfred up lifting a building or maybe marvel should have spiderman lifting 150 billion ton mountain.


That shit sickens me.
Stick to the character bio stats if you're gonna have him do insane level shit at least give a good reason/give him an upgrade/ or something.
Don't just have him doing it cause "ummmm he's batman".

IT sickens me.


Its a comic book, all the "normal" superheroes do things that no real normal person can do.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 02:18 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zarathustra
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hegemon875
Are you sure cause I keep hearing that hes just slightly above peak human? confused

Well, like I said my Marvel isn't that great. That's how I understand it, but, like you said, that doesn't mean he can't do things in a comic book we would consider superhuman. That might be the source of the misconception as people could figure the super-serum made him superhuman to explain it. Or I could just be wrong. I'm a Batman man myself: never read much of the boyscouts.


__________________
^...thus spake Zarathustra

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 03:45 AM
Zarathustra is currently offline Click here to Send Zarathustra a Private Message Find more posts by Zarathustra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botcherby
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United Kingdom

nope Captain America didn't get superstrength from the serum.... he got it later, during which I think Marvelvs.DC occured. Then he lost it again


__________________

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 05:05 PM
botcherby is currently offline Click here to Send botcherby a Private Message Find more posts by botcherby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SidDManiac
Junior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jplatinum
You can't punch or kick down a tree, even in a ninja trance, the body, unless superhuman durability and density would crumble like bread crumbs.

Even though batman is a comic book peakhuman, he still can't kick down a tree of that size, especially not in one kick.

His leg would've shattered to pieces on the inside and the tree wouldn't have did more than shake one time.

That is bullshit,dude.

You can only do so much, even if you master mind over matter/combat ki/iron body/iron body shaolin/ or even self hypnosis.

The body can only sustain so much. Batman is no exeption, his body isn't superhuman only peakhuman, if thats the case those lazziass slack writers/creators need to change his profile bio stat ffom peakhuman to low-level superhuman, ita damn misleading and not fair to the comic book fans.


You have someone who shouldn't be able to do this and that,according to their bio and physicall makeup, then, he is somehow able to do things that are way way way way way way out of his physical league, its ridiculous.


If they make that exeption for batman, then they need to just draw alfred up lifting a building or maybe marvel should have spiderman lifting 150 billion ton mountain.


That shit sickens me.
Stick to the character bio stats if you're gonna have him do insane level shit at least give a good reason/give him an upgrade/ or something.
Don't just have him doing it cause "ummmm he's batman".

IT sickens me.



Ummm... buddy
The World's Strongest Man aka Mark Henry has squatted 1000 lbs
He has powerlifted around the same.
Mark can deadlift 900 lbs.

I can legpress 1400 lbs myself. What was that you were saying about peak-human?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 07:51 AM
SidDManiac is currently offline Click here to Send SidDManiac a Private Message Find more posts by SidDManiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States, Earth

I read in "Wizard" one time that Batman is able to bench 900 lbs. I forget how many times the mag said.


__________________
"The darkside, Sidious, is an illness no true Sith wishes to be cured of, my young apprentice .."

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 12:41 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

Gender: Male
Location: Northwestern United States

There really isn't any one, all-concise stat. It's going to depend on who's writing Batman, because everyone is going to have their own slightly different take on him.


__________________
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/customsig_50618_LY.gif?1128765215

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 02:14 AM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: where your not.

Batman can pretty muc do the kinds of stuff martial arts experts can and they are just normal people like us.Only difference is they know how to do amazing things like break bricks with their heads.


__________________

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 12:09 AM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dethbyhashi
Member

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio, USA

There is one thing I have a problem with is that Batman is supposed to be 6'2" 210lbs being that strong and the way he looks in the comics there is no way he's only 210 im thinkin 230-240 he's not the only one with weight errors there's no way Nightwing is only 5'10" 175lbs (maybe 190 at least and realisticly more like 210)

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 11:07 PM
Dethbyhashi is currently offline Click here to Send Dethbyhashi a Private Message Find more posts by Dethbyhashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United Kingdom

there's a slight difference between weights of the US and UK, as one american mate came over and we went to a gym, get a good workout, i was benching 200 pounds, and he said he did the same, when he went to do it, he managed half a rep, lol, i was in stiches, he went and asked the manager the weights must be too heavy than what's on the side, the manger explained that weight is measured different in UK, so 200 pounds here is around 175pounds in US, strange eh, so in comics he really does about 850 pounds above his head and that. still strong as buggery tho

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 04:44 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MattDay
there's a slight difference between weights of the US and UK, as one american mate came over and we went to a gym, get a good workout, i was benching 200 pounds, and he said he did the same, when he went to do it, he managed half a rep, lol, i was in stiches, he went and asked the manager the weights must be too heavy than what's on the side, the manger explained that weight is measured different in UK, so 200 pounds here is around 175pounds in US, strange eh, so in comics he really does about 850 pounds above his head and that. still strong as buggery tho


lol also every superhero in the comics look like bodybuilders, big arms, legs, huge back muscles, and shoulders, and the women all look like them beauty body builders, that dance on stage, must be what is seen as perfect for a superhero

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 04:46 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

When you consider how he kicked through that tree, its pretty weird, but what's really stupid is that that was Year One! he had much less strength and skill then so it DOES NOT make sense! But, yeah, Bats is pretty freakin' strong and, hey, its a comic guy, he can do whatever the writer says he can do. Though I gotta say Frank Miller's turned Batman into an abusive paedophile with Allstar so maybe we should ignore that tree thing As "Miller Madness"!


__________________

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 05:01 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 11:20 PM.
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » How strong(exactly) is Batman??

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.