KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » Some songs

Some songs
Started by: inthesilence

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
inthesilence
Idiot Brigade Captain!

Some songs

Well, here are lyrics to two songs that I've written. I have more, but most of them are on notebook paper, and not on my computer. ^_^;;

All Sewn Apart
by Sarah Peabody

She's all sewn apart
At the seams of her heart
Coming gently undone
As she stands in the sun.

And green porcelain eyes,
Like dying fireflies,
Begin to lose light
'Cause she's out of the fight.

Nothing will change
No, nothing will change.

She stands all alone
Where she threw down the phone
By the dent in the wall
'What's the point of it all?'

How much can she lose?
Is she willing to choose?
She screams, “Bring on the day!”
Like she’s fading away.

Nothing will change
No, nothing will change.

She’s all sewn apart…
She’s coming undone…
Screaming, “Bring on the day!”
Like she’s fading away
And nothing will change
No, nothing, nothing will change.

Soon We Learn
by Sarah Peabody

We all lose hope
We all break down
But soon now, dear,
You know you will be found

The walls we build
The causes too
Are the heart of what
Is keeping me from you

And you had learned
That people go
That no one stays
And that you're all alone

But don't lose heart
And don't regret;
The love you give
Will be the love you get.

And soon we learn
That we were wrong;
The love we want
Was in us all along...

I don't have a chorus for the second one, and I'm not sure if I should, or if I even need one. *shrug* Yeah. ^_^;;

"It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this."
--Bertrand Russell

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 04:50 PM
inthesilence is currently offline Click here to Send inthesilence a Private Message Find more posts by inthesilence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
inthesilence
Idiot Brigade Captain!

And how about a random poem? ^_~

Untitled

Gilding the lily
Is raising the dead
That're marching together
Inside of my head.

The beat makes me shiver
And quiver and quake
And I can't help but wonder
How long it'll take.

It slowly recedes
To the back of my mind
And they peel back my head
As though it were rind.

They spin and they tumble
Down onto my bed
Where they lie near the thoughts
Coming out of my head.

"It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this."
--Bertrand Russell

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 05:07 PM
inthesilence is currently offline Click here to Send inthesilence a Private Message Find more posts by inthesilence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aristotle
emancipated-by-time

Do you hav the scores for your songs, or on wat song(s) it's based.

It's kind of good

now thats comedy

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:16 PM
aristotle is currently offline Click here to Send aristotle a Private Message Find more posts by aristotle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
inthesilence
Idiot Brigade Captain!

No. Unfortunately, I'm not at the level where I can actually write music, as in notes and things. I learned a bunch of stuff in chorus about reading music, though. *shrug* ^_^;;

It's not really based on any songs... It's just kind of mine, I guess. Idunno what style they are, either...

Thank you. big grin

--Bertrand Russell

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:45 PM
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

I love All Sewn Apart happy And the other two are good as well

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 04:37 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
inthesilence
Idiot Brigade Captain!

Thanks. big grin

Here's the beginnings of another song that I'd like to get some opinions on. Think Fiona Apple meets Tori Amos meets Alanis Morissette. ^_^;; If that makes sense. I'm just sorry I can't record it. Once I get the proper equipment though... XD

whispering green

I'm eating my words
As your falling asleep
In your own little world
Far off in a dream.

I'm killing the clock
Though it's already dead.
You're whispering green
Little words in my head...

And I am building up
A case of responsibility
Oh so tired of your brazen
Neurotic tendencies.
Can we throw away the notion
Of your apologies?
The first step is denial
And the second is a breeze.

--Bertrand Russell

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 11:57 PM
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

quote: (post)
Originally posted by inthesilence
Thanks. big grin

Here's the beginnings of another song that I'd like to get some opinions on. Think Fiona Apple meets Tori Amos meets Alanis Morissette. ^_^;; If that makes sense. I'm just sorry I can't record it. Once I get the proper equipment though... XD

whispering green

I'm eating my words
As your falling asleep
In your own little world
Far off in a dream.

I'm killing the clock
Though it's already dead.
You're whispering green
Little words in my head...

And I am building up
A case of responsibility
Oh so tired of your brazen
Neurotic tendencies.
Can we throw away the notion
Of your apologies?
The first step is denial
And the second is a breeze.

ooo me likes happy Ya know, I actually sang your songs out loud embarrasment

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 03:26 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aristotle
emancipated-by-time

Hey well you show promise. You'd make a good poet for poetry and song writing isn't far apart

now thats comedy

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:32 PM
aristotle is currently offline Click here to Send aristotle a Private Message Find more posts by aristotle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
inthesilence
Idiot Brigade Captain!

Originally posted by Coldfire
ooo me likes happy Ya know, I actually sang your songs out loud embarrasment

Really? Eek, I'm flattered. big grin thanks for reading my stuf, I appreciate it very much.

--Bertrand Russell

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:24 PM
inthesilence
Idiot Brigade Captain!

Originally posted by aristotle
Hey well you show promise. You'd make a good poet for poetry and song writing isn't far apart

Thanks so much! That means a lot to me. I hope so; I just published a book of poetry.

--Bertrand Russell

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:28 PM
inthesilence
Idiot Brigade Captain!

I just released a book of poetry. Here's the link if you wanna buy it, or just look at the pretty cover or something ^_^;; : http://people.lulu.com/users/index.php?fHomepage=222714

If you can't afford it or don't want to buy it, I understand. But if you could just mention it, even in passing, to someone you think might like it, I would love you forever and ever! XD

--Bertrand Russell

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:28 PM
inthesilence
Idiot Brigade Captain!

Oh, and here's a clip of me singing 'whispering green'. It's not that good because the recording thing is just a head phone with mic meant for playing online games. It also makes me sound a bit nasally. :/ Dunno why. But there it is, in any case.

http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...G91XYDHUKZ2W2RQ

--Bertrand Russell

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:54 PM
aristotle
emancipated-by-time

Well I will support you. As I enojypoetry very much.

now thats comedy

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 06:12 PM