KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Corran Horn vs. Plo Koon

Corran Horn vs. Plo Koon
Started by: DarthSidiouss

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
overlord
OD'd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Word.

Stop the Plo Koon worshipping. It must end!

Oh mi gosh! Plo Koon can shoot lightning from his fingertips, his whole species can!!!1!! although this sounds very wacky, it is very pawning (sorry for that gay word) so plo koon wins by default although he was so stupid to crash his spaceplane!

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 05:02 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Glentract, you have yet to counter the disarming statement. He was obviously not as skilled as you claim if he was bested by droids, or Geonosians, for that matter.

And Corran Horn fighting through nearly a thousand Vong, even over a few years, is not impressive? Those same Vong warriors could likely take thousands and thousands of those same battle droids.

So what if he lacks a TK ability? If Plo Koon uses his 'omg furce lightnn tht wud crus all', it'd be absorbed, and then thrown right back at him in an energy attack. So basically, Corran will absorb all of Koon's attacks, and then proceed to tear him apart with his insane dueling abilities.

Lastly, I don't utterly hate Plo Koon. It's just that everyone seems to think he is so good when, in all actuality, he has little going for him. I'll go so far as to say that he improved through the Clone Wars, and possessed an impressive affinity for the Force, as well as a decent Djem So practioner. But against Corran Horn, who would just absorb his most lethal attacks, and then simply outduel him, he stands little chance.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 05:24 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

'omg furce lightnn tht wud crus all'

lmfao! Priceless!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Glentract, you have yet to counter the disarming statement. He was obviously not as skilled as you claim if he was bested by droids, or Geonosians, for that matter.

(At least he survived the battle. There were thousands of droids. Jedi have been killed by droids on many occasions. It is not something to cause me to look down upon someone who was disarmed when outnumbered a thousand to one.)

And Corran Horn fighting through nearly a thousand Vong, even over a few years, is not impressive? Those same Vong warriors could likely take thousands and thousands of those same battle droids.

(He didn't fight them at the same time. Even a PT Padawan could fight Vong three at a time over and over again and kill just as many over a five year period.)

So what if he lacks a TK ability? If Plo Koon uses his 'omg furce lightnn tht wud crus all', it'd be absorbed, and then thrown right back at him in an energy attack. So basically, Corran will absorb all of Koon's attacks, and then proceed to tear him apart with his insane dueling abilities.

(When has Corran demonstrated the ability to asorb force lightning? He has asorbed heat[survived extended periods of time that could kill a person and redirected that explosion]. I also don't remember Corran every asorbing a force push. Please give a reference.)

Lastly, I don't utterly hate Plo Koon. It's just that everyone seems to think he is so good when, in all actuality, he has little going for him. I'll go so far as to say that he improved through the Clone Wars, and possessed an impressive affinity for the Force, as well as a decent Djem So practioner. But against Corran Horn, who would just absorb his most lethal attacks, and then simply outduel him, he stands little chance.

(Plo Koon was a Jedi Master on the Council. He was trained by a powerful Council Member. He lead the Stark Hyperspace War after Tyvokka(his master) was killed. Your underestimating him.)

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

(At least he survived the battle. There were thousands of droids. Jedi have been killed by droids on many occasions. It is not something to cause me to look down upon someone who was disarmed when outnumbered a thousand to one.)

Padme survived the battle despite being in the epicenter of blaster bolt hell. No droid disarmed her. Either way, this isn't a testament to his prowess in saber combat. Period.

(He didn't fight them at the same time. Even a PT Padawan could fight Vong three at a time over and over again and kill just as many over a five year period.)

A) Never said he fought them all at the same time. B) Where does it say PT era padawans can fend off Vong? If that was the case, why were they such a threat in combat? Is this more Glentract "IMO" or is this rooted in fact?

(When has Corran demonstrated the ability to asorb force lightning? He has asorbed heat survived extended periods of time that could kill a person and redirected that explosion]. I also don't remember Corran every asorbing a force push. Please give a reference.)

An explosion is primarily kinetic energy. What do you think Force push is? Charging something with enough kinetic energy to make it move. Lightning? Well, it's not force lightning in the case of Koon. If it was, it could be blocked with a saber or absorbed since Force lightning is more kinetic in nature than electric. But Koon's lightning was never mentioned to be so overwhelming he could defeat a seasoned foe. Period.

(Plo Koon was a Jedi Master on the Council. He was trained by a powerful Council Member. He lead the Stark Hyperspace War after Tyvokka(his master) was killed. Your underestimating him.)

And Agen Kolar and Kit Fisto and Sassee Tiin are Jedi masters on the Council. That means jack in the PT era.

He was trained by a powerful Council member? Does that make him powerful neccessarily? Why does Qui-Gon suck compared to Dooku?

And what was his role in the Stark Hyperspace War? Did it include doing something that makes him better than Coran Horn? It sure as hell didn't help him in the Clone Wars.

I think you are championing the underdog here trying to be different.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 06:23 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Nicely said.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 06:54 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, you had my back a couple of times. Us jawas have to stick together.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 06:58 PM
RaidenDeadpool
"Nerd maker funner of-er"

All this NJO non-sense sucks. . .can't we have a character fighting another character of reasonable strength? All this "Corran Horn rules'' crap getting is annoying.

The above image is not of Cyrax doing the "Charleston". It is of Deadpool disguised as Cyrax and mocking him by doing the "Charleston". That's just what he does...

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 08:07 PM
Click here to Send RaidenDeadpool a Private Message Find more posts by RaidenDeadpool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaidenDeadpool

Attn: Faunus. . .stop trying to establish yourself as the best debater.

So far your only argument was that Plo Koon was disarmed. Watch AOTC again my friend. After Mace Windu announces that the Jedi won't surrender you can see Plo Koon activating a blue plasma thingy. Now keep in mind that this is only a theory not fact, though backed by some facts, According to SW.com Plo Koon is a very strong force user and the extra-sensory organs on his head further enhance his powers. Plo Koon probably sensed that Yoda was coming with an army and decided to let the Droids win the first round. Tell me Faunus, have you ever heard the phrase; "Choose your battles''? Plo Koon is much smarter than most people say and is underrated. It's all these NJO and KOTOR fanboys who pretty much ruin these threads, forums, and websites.

The above image is not of Cyrax doing the "Charleston". It is of Deadpool disguised as Cyrax and mocking him by doing the "Charleston". That's just what he does...

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 08:54 PM
Click here to Send RaidenDeadpool a Private Message Find more posts by RaidenDeadpool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by General Makashi

So far your only argument was that Plo Koon was disarmed. Watch AOTC again my friend. After Mace Windu announces that the Jedi won't surrender you can see Plo Koon activating a blue plasma thingy. Now keep in mind that this is only a theory not fact, though backed by some facts, According to SW.com Plo Koon is a very strong force user and the extra-sensory organs on his head further enhance his powers. Plo Koon probably sensed that Yoda was coming with an army and decided to let the Droids win the first round. Tell me Faunus, have you ever heard the phrase; "Choose your battles''? Plo Koon is much smarter than most people say and is underrated. It's all these NJO and KOTOR fanboys who pretty much ruin these threads, forums, and websites.
Chicka da derkie-de-derk man.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 09:33 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaidenDeadpool

Originally posted by Tangible God
Chicka da derkie-de-derk man.

Meaning???

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 09:34 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by General Makashi
Meaning???
(scoffs) Damned if I know.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 09:38 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaidenDeadpool

Originally posted by Tangible God
(scoffs) Damned if I know.

eek! laughing out loud laughing Lol.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 09:44 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Originally posted by ReverendMakashi

Attn: Watch yourself. I'd be more than happy to rip your argument apart.

First off, your comment about NJO and KOTOR fanboys is ridiculous and you should pretty much stow that. I voted for Corran Horn in this case and I abhor NJO. You assuming that everyone's decision to support Corran is somehow NJO fanboyism is unfounded and ridiculous on your part. Please, choose your battles. Now I don't like what you have to say, and I've turned my attention to your each and every word.

Second, here's the EU excerpt fro Star Wars.com about Plo Koon:

The Force runs strongly in Plo Koon's family; he was a descendent of a long line of Jedi. He shared a long history with fellow Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, and the two have fought beside each other in battle. Koon had hoped to see his friend join the Jedi Council, but Jinn's maverick views kept him from ascending to that position.
Plo Koon was a Kel Dor from the planet Dorin. His physiology was such that he wore protective goggles and his face-concealing antiox mask whenever in oxygen-rich environments. As a Dorin, Koon naturally possessed highly developed extrasensory organs that supplement his already formidable Jedi attributes.

Koon was more martial a Jedi than most. Kel Dor natives have a reputation for seeing moral issues in black and white, with clear distinctions between right and wrong. As such, Koon often took decisive action with little contemplation. This initiative served him well during the Stark Hyperspace Wars, when he took up the Republic banner after a great Jedi Master was killed. Koon rallied the disheartened troops to an unlikely and miraculous victory.

From this, we can determine this much:

- Strong Force affinity (Characteristic of notable jedi)
- Heir to a jedi bloodline (Which makes no sense when you consider jedi are not really supposed to have offspring)
- Has extra sensory organs which aren't outlined.
- Is a martial jedi in comparison to PT era jedi.

How does this make Plo Koon neccessarily destroy Corran Horn? Well, a few things for Mister Horn"

- Sports a duel phase lightsaber
- Has exceptional Force aided abilities in deceiving perceptions of other beings (Sight, smell, etc.)
- Has experience both as a pilot and as a Corsec operative.
- Has fought a Vong commander to the death and won.
- Was one of the New Jedi Order's most promising recruits.
- Is also heir to a jedi bloodline (This one of Nejaa Halcyon)
- Has very limited TK ability.

Koon also fought in the Clone Wars and in the Stark Hyperspace War. But how does he fare against other lightsaber users? Do we have information on that? Is there anything to say that Koon will overcome Horn using his extra senses, despite the fact that Horn -specializes- in such sensory deceptions? Is Koon strong enough to defeat a Vong commander in battle? In short, do you have a damn thing to prove that Koon was on Horn's level, other than your "insight" into Koon's motives in AOTC and his little blue plasma beam? Anything?

If you're gonna barge in here and start slashing, you had better be holding a sword, not a toothpick.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 05:14 AM
RaidenDeadpool

Originally posted by Deus Ex
Attn: Watch yourself. I'd be more than happy to rip your argument apart.

First off, your comment about NJO and KOTOR fanboys is ridiculous and you should pretty much stow that. I voted for Corran Horn in this case and I abhor NJO. You assuming that everyone's decision to support Corran is somehow NJO fanboyism is unfounded and ridiculous on your part. Please, choose your battles. Now I don't like what you have to say, and I've turned my attention to your each and every word.

Second, here's the EU excerpt fro Star Wars.com about Plo Koon:

The Force runs strongly in Plo Koon's family; he was a descendent of a long line of Jedi. He shared a long history with fellow Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, and the two have fought beside each other in battle. Koon had hoped to see his friend join the Jedi Council, but Jinn's maverick views kept him from ascending to that position.
Plo Koon was a Kel Dor from the planet Dorin. His physiology was such that he wore protective goggles and his face-concealing antiox mask whenever in oxygen-rich environments. As a Dorin, Koon naturally possessed highly developed extrasensory organs that supplement his already formidable Jedi attributes.

Koon was more martial a Jedi than most. Kel Dor natives have a reputation for seeing moral issues in black and white, with clear distinctions between right and wrong. As such, Koon often took decisive action with little contemplation. This initiative served him well during the Stark Hyperspace Wars, when he took up the Republic banner after a great Jedi Master was killed. Koon rallied the disheartened troops to an unlikely and miraculous victory.

From this, we can determine this much:

- Strong Force affinity (Characteristic of notable jedi)
- Heir to a jedi bloodline (Which makes no sense when you consider jedi are not really supposed to have offspring)
- Has extra sensory organs which aren't outlined.
- Is a martial jedi in comparison to PT era jedi.

How does this make Plo Koon neccessarily destroy Corran Horn? Well, a few things for Mister Horn"

- Sports a duel phase lightsaber
- Has exceptional Force aided abilities in deceiving perceptions of other beings (Sight, smell, etc.)
- Has experience both as a pilot and as a Corsec operative.
- Has fought a Vong commander to the death and won.
- Was one of the New Jedi Order's most promising recruits.
- Is also heir to a jedi bloodline (This one of Nejaa Halcyon)
- Has very limited TK ability.

Koon also fought in the Clone Wars and in the Stark Hyperspace War. But how does he fare against other lightsaber users? Do we have information on that? Is there anything to say that Koon will overcome Horn using his extra senses, despite the fact that Horn -specializes- in such sensory deceptions? Is Koon strong enough to defeat a Vong commander in battle? In short, do you have a damn thing to prove that Koon was on Horn's level, other than your "insight" into Koon's motives in AOTC and his little blue plasma beam? Anything?

If you're gonna barge in here and start slashing, you had better be holding a sword, not a toothpick.

First off get an attitude adjustment. Second read little Faunus' posts again.

I wasn't calling him a fanboy, all I was saying is that his motives seem fanboyish seeing as how all he could come up with is; "Oh, Plo Koon got disarmed". Wrong he still had his lightsaber. I am sick and tired of everybody always saying "Oh I don't like this guy he gets pwnd3d!!!!!11111!!!!111! So Deus Ex maybe you should be equiped with the right weapon and try reading the other posts before telling me off for no reason.

Alrighty to an idiot that would mean, "Wait thats against the code his daddy can't be a Jedi"!!!!1111!1!!!1

Someone with intelect would most likely think that when SW.com says Koon's family as in cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.

In short back off, I didn't do nothing to you and I am not saying Koon would destroy Horn. I only say what I feel, which you my friend have been lucky enough nopt to expierence. . .hell someone has got to even out the field. . .

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 06:15 PM
The Creator
A being beyond power

I pray for your soul Makashi.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 06:17 PM
Click here to Send The Creator a Private Message Find more posts by The Creator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaidenDeadpool

Originally posted by Lord Simus
I pray for your soul Makashi.

No need to pray Simus I am a Reverend see, ReverendMakashi. Besides I am not scared of Deus Ex or any of his cronies, Ex just has to except that people won't bend to what he says at every turn and that he should watch his mouth and patience.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 06:24 PM
overlord
OD'd

Originally posted by ReverendMakashi
No need to pray Simus I am a Reverend see, ReverendMakashi. Besides I am not scared of Deus Ex or any of his cronies, Ex just has to except that people won't bend to what he says at every turn and that he should watch his mouth and patience.

You are flattering him by saying you aren't scared of him.
But don't worry, you don't have to convince everybody of your opinion.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 06:49 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaidenDeadpool

Originally posted by overlord
You are flattering him by saying you aren't scared of him.
But don't worry, you don't have to convince everybody of your opinion.

How do I flatter him? I only say that his Ex's crude "bumrush posts" don't worry me at all. Secondly I am not trying to push my opinion like Faunus or Ex I am only debating, "evening out the playing field".

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 06:55 PM
overlord
OD'd

Well from saying you're not scared of him indicates you do see him as a threat, what isn't really necessary.
You should say you don't care about them, as they are just random members on a forum who are perhaps great at forcing an opinion on someone.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 06:59 PM