KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street Tourney Match #3

Street Tourney Match #3
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Wow, this is a cool match up.

First thing, Digi correct me if I'm wrong but I think you shorted my strength in the description above. Dreadstar's sword is amping Benedict's already superhuman strength, not Vanth's normal human body. Benedict 's normal strength is enough to chop down trees with one slash from a broadsword and throw another warrior 20 yards with one arm. Benedict's strength times ten will be significantly more than Dreadstar's tonnish range.

Second, The frozen north is actually not a terrain advantage for TBK Ben Dreadcrawler posseses Dreadstar's experience of growing up orphanned in the frozen wastes his frozen homefowld of Byfrexia. He spent his adolescence and young-adult life hunting decimating the population of enourmous Snow Bears of the variety that ate his parents before his very eyes. Years later he fought a guerilla war in the exact same environment. TBK's senses are superior, but Benedict's are still slightly superhuman.

Ben Dreadcrawler's openning move is four quick teleports in rapid sucession in random directions, then laying a trail of footprints through the snow heading for a good ambush spot. He then boobytrapt that ambush spot with a hi-ex grenade. He'll then teleport to a position where he could snipe the boobytrap spot and place his rifle so that the barrel is just slightly visable out from cover. Then he'll close his suit's environmental seals (he's doing this to hide his body heat and fog from his breath, but it'll conceal his scent well too). A super-strong nightcrawler leap-flip or two and he'll be waiting in an upwind + up a tree double ambush spot, waiting for HBK to "see through his trap." When he atacks the sulfur smelling bush that has my rifle by it. I'll tag him with my Radium Laser.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:32 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have aproblem I loved Epic comics andDreadstar most of all

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:50 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

it's not even the frozen part that gives me the advantage it's the fact that we're in a wooded area and it's dark... this is where THE BIG KAHUNA thrives.....

*also it should be pointed out at this time that wolverine's been known to use his senses and pinpoint where nightcrawler's gonna appear as soon as his bamf opens up in another area...wolverine reacted to it so fast that he pretty much literally nailed NC before NC had a chance to retaliate as he was coming out on the other side of his bampf....

what we learn from this... nightcrawlers teleportation doesn't fool wolverine's senses as newer teleport bampfs make a stronger scent...
you won't fool THE BIG KAHUNA'S senses...just annoy him and prolong the inevitable...

you also better not bampf too much as it will wear you down...*

in other words..I'm going to completely bypass your traps and go staight for you...as the last thing you did was teleport into a boobytrap spot...

NOW, how you think you're going to locate me as I'm closing in on you is quite beyond me... I'm in stealth mode..you can't see me... I might even be coming from the trees... and I'm (once again) good enough to get the drop on wolverine for an entire night in a game of cat and mouse without him being able to even see me, smell me, or hear me.......

Now when I do find you I speed blitz your ass before you even know what hits you by going X2 speed and suddenly you've just had your head chopped off... even if you DO somehow survive..you've just abandoned part of your arsenal in a trap that didn't work...

p.s. I can even use my symbiote to lure you into a counter booby trap if I feel like toying with you...ut that's just an option...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 10:25 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i've not been following this tourny much -- too damn much work piling up these last weeks -- but THIS match i will watch. i respect lam and jinzin's opinions on this forum more than i respect most, so this should make for a great match up. the amalgams are also both well constructed! have at it!!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 11:21 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
i've not been following this tourny much -- too damn much work piling up these last weeks -- but THIS match i will watch. i respect lam and jinzin's opinions on this forum more than i respect most, so this should make for a great match up. the amalgams are also both well constructed! have at it!!

i don't wanna come off as gay or nothin...but....

aww the hell with it...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 11:30 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

Originally posted by jinzin

what we learn from this... nightcrawlers teleportation doesn't fool wolverine's senses as newer teleport bampfs make a stronger scent...
you won't fool THE BIG KAHUNA'S senses...just annoy him and prolong the inevitable...

in other words..I'm going to completely bypass your traps and go staight for you...as the last thing you did was teleport into a boobytrap spot...

Ah, Jinzin, by your own words you just did fall for my trap! The whole point of that second teleport was to lure a stalker. He doesn't know about Kahuna's super-senses, but Nightcrawler's brimstone would be detectable by any normal good woodsman. He didn't teleport away from the faux rifle ambush, he jumped high & far into the trees. Your symbyote doesn't like heat, I doubt it'll react well to a concentrated radiation beam.

NOW, how you think you're going to locate me as I'm closing in on you is quite beyond me... I'm in stealth mode..you can't see me... I might even be coming from the trees... and I'm (once again) good enough to get the drop on wolverine for an entire night in a game of cat and mouse without him being able to even see me, smell me, or hear me.......

As for seing you coming, Ben's got low light optics on top of his Amberite's eyes. Moonlight might as well be daylight. Stalking Wolvie in a city where there're a million different noises and smells all around isn't as impressive a feat as you're making it out to be. It's a lot harder to sneak out here.

you also better not bampf too much as it will wear you down...*

I appreciate your concern, but being worn down is not something I need to be worried about. Benedict's body is so much more robust than Kurt's that the strain would take far longer to accumulate.

Now when I do find you I speed blitz your ass before you even know what hits you by going X2 speed and suddenly you've just had your head chopped off... even if you DO somehow survive..you've just abandoned part of your arsenal in a trap that didn't work...

Taskmaster's "speed blitz" is also something about which Ben Dreadcrawler not be concernedneed. Some kung-fu movie moves at double-speed may be enough to edge-out Sunset Bain's hot bodygaurd, but he cant do anything he wants at double speed, just those moves. Frankly you're facing someone who's already faster than any human, and quite accustommed to fighting and defeating other supernatural beings, even small armies of them.

And for the latter part, once again: you went for the second teleport spot! evil face

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 11:39 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Vanth's notes were just what the sword did. It should beassumed that it upgrades the entire amalgam, not just Vanth. Sorry for the confusion.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 12:36 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by Laminator_X
Ah, Jinzin, by your own words you just did fall for my trap! The whole point of that second teleport was to lure a stalker. He doesn't know about Kahuna's super-senses, but Nightcrawler's brimstone would be detectable by any normal good woodsman. He didn't teleport away from the faux rifle ambush, he jumped high & far into the trees. Your symbyote doesn't like heat, I doubt it'll react well to a concentrated radiation beam.

actually no....i didn't "fall for your trap" roll eyes (sarcastic) you're just assuming that I did.... I got the fact that you teleported and THEN jumped back and up.... what I'm saying is... I can use that last teleportation to track the general location of where you're at.. then scope you out for the rest and (as I said before) completely bypass your traps and instead just go for you....I understood your argument..I adapted and overcame it... you apparenlty didn't understand mine..maybe I should have been more clear.... i'm bypassing those traps and going for you... there...better?

As for seing you coming, Ben's got low light optics on top of his Amberite's eyes. Moonlight might as well be daylight. Stalking Wolvie in a city where there're a million different noises and smells all around isn't as impressive a feat as you're making it out to be. It's a lot harder to sneak out here. .

and in turn daylight might as well be night-time... stealth mode.....=.......TBK's freakin invisable... unless you can see something that's invisable that can cover it's hosts body heat... you ain't seeing shiiiit....lol....and yes stalking wolverine is impressive when you get close enough to touch him several times whoutout him even being able to react to them... I mean give the guy some credit..he tracked a kid down that lived on the opposite side of new york city..he's got skills in the wild, city or anywhere else.. sabretooth's for the purposes of stalkin however, are better....

Taskmaster's "speed blitz" is also something about which Ben Dreadcrawler not be concernedneed. Some kung-fu movie moves at double-speed may be enough to edge-out Sunset Bain's hot bodygaurd, but he cant do anything he wants at double speed, just those moves. .

actually he can do any moves he wants... he's not an untrained fighter... he just needed the double time to see someone move that fast so he could use muscle memory to get the speed down... if he was only limited to other people's moves PERIOD he'd have a very pathetic fightin ability.... unfortunately for you however that's not the case..
even so... I have speed and reflexes that were nearly on par with spidey before the gov upgrades in sabretooth.....then...he surpassed them WITH THE upgrades.... NOW he's got the venom symbiote... I'm pushing the bar as it is on speed... add double time onto my body in that mix and I'll be slicing dicing, and decpitating you so fast you literally won't know what hit you...

Frankly you're facing someone who's already faster than any human, and quite accustommed to fighting and defeating other supernatural beings, even small armies of them.

good thing I'm not "any human" eh?

armies? pffft. please... sabretooth alone is better than wolverine who stomps armies supernatural or other like it's a dayjob... add in the rest of my composite amalgam..and TBK is not impressed....

And for the latter part, once again: you went for the second teleport spot! evil face

confused ummmmm no....no I didn't.. remember I bypassed your shiznit... wink

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 12:46 AM
Laminator_X

Oh, and thanks for the props Leo. "Eat hardy at your breakfast, my Hoplites, for tonight we dine in Hades's hall!"

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 12:47 AM
Laminator_X

Alright Jinzin, In the interests if a friendly debate, I'll accept you not falling for my clever double trap. However you're still not getting the drop on me.

You kind of know where I went, but I'm upwind remember? You won't know my exact location either. Here you come through the trees (unless you're conceeding the high ground). Doing that silently just isn't possable. Limbs bow under our weight. Needles rustle, snow falls to the ground. And you're not invisable, no one is.

Are you attacking? If so how, or are you lying in wait hoping I give you an openning?

Re: the double speed thing, I think you're misunderstanding just how Taskmaster works. He can copy moves but only as he sees them. He can even integrate different styles fairly seemlesly. Your amalgam could even stand the strain that oulling that trick places on the body better than TM can. However he's still just a mimic. He's clever enough to always get away, but when he actually tries to go on the offensive against a real combat genius (like when Elektra schooled him or when he failed to assasinate Cap) he cant hang. At any rate, like you say Venom's probably already faster than that. Don't think Tasky watching movies on FF means BK can move at double Venom's speed. That's not how TM's reflexes work.

Since noone else seems to quite appreciate the magnitude of Benedict's skills, and Dreadstar's pretty obscure too, I'll post some scans/excerpts tomorrow night so everyone can see what we're dealing with here. Sorry, I don't have time tonight.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 01:23 AM
jinzin

Alright Jinzin, In the interests if a friendly debate, I'll accept you not falling for my clever double trap. However you're still not getting the drop on me. You kind of know where I went, but I'm upwind remember? You won't know my exact location either. Here you come through the trees (unless you're conceeding the high ground). Doing that silently just isn't possable. Limbs bow under our weight. Needles rustle, snow falls to the ground. And you're not invisable, no one is.

what do you mean I'm not invisible? was that one of the fight rules I missed? if it's not I'm still striding around invisable.....

dammit.... no matter.... i CAN still sneak up on you... (if I wanted) consider wolverine's infiltration on daredevil's house...

"he can hear, smell, taste, and touch better than anyone on the planet. black widow said he could hear a pin drop from a block away and she wasn't smiling either. a pin from a block. your breath from a mile. that's how careful we have to be as we slip into this way-too-tidy place he lives in..... quiter than a pin dropping."

Now consider wolverine's reaction to sabretooth stalking him... "he better at this game then I am...."

I'm not some blundering idiot...I have the finesse and agility of spiderman with the training and instincts of sabes... you'd be lucky to hear me coming at all....period...

Are you attacking? If so how, or are you lying in wait hoping I give you an openning? .

well since you asked....both.... I'm snaking tendrils out towards you to try and immobilize you... if that doesn't work it should at least drive you out to give me the opening... thing is you don't know where I'm coming from as my tendrils are seemingly coming from all around you..and that's IF you caught on to them before they have a chance to kill/incapacitate you...

Re: the double speed thing, I think you're misunderstanding just how Taskmaster works. He can copy moves but only as he sees them. He can even integrate different styles fairly seemlesly. Your amalgam could even stand the strain that oulling that trick places on the body better than TM can. However he's still just a mimic.
a mimic that's been enhanced further by greater speed and reflexes...and then upgraded further by a symbiote.. and of course he can only COPY moves as he see's them..that has nothing to do with application of speed though.

He's clever enough to always get away, but when he actually tries to go on the offensive against a real combat genius (like when Elektra schooled him or when he failed to assasinate Cap) he cant hang

you're forgetting this is an amalgam with sabretooth's level 7 fighting skills.... something elektra would be hard pressed to compete with... AND venom's symbiotic cleverness.... I'm not exactly orthodox myself.. i can be in the middle of a slugfest and shoot tendrils all the sudden out of nowhere....

Don't think Tasky watching movies on FF means BK can move at double Venom's speed. That's not how TM's reflexes work.

they go double speed.. which is enhanced by the symbiote.... it's not hard to understand.. your whole prayer or hope or wahtever relies on the fact that the symbiote doesn't increase speed and reflexes of the host...which it does.. this tactic will work just fine wink

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 01:58 AM
Null

Good so far, I will vote when i see more.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 02:00 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

I'm gonna vote for jinzin

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 02:03 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

Actually yes, Invisibility was banned.

Also, on the matter of speed, I respectfully disagree. BK is extremely fast, but Taskmaster's reflexes would only allow him to copy moves as they were performed. The Saber+symbiote reflexes and body would allow him to copy super-fast moves without injuring himself, but that's a very different thing then doing any move he want's at double speed.

Nice attack, sleep and work in the morning are calligng me, expect my riposte tomorrow evening. Yaaahh!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 02:23 AM
jinzin

Actually yes, Invisibility was banned.

Also, on the matter of speed, I respectfully disagree. BK is extremely fast, but Taskmaster's reflexes would only allow him to copy moves as they were performed. The Saber+symbiote reflexes and body would allow him to copy super-fast moves without injuring himself, but that's a very different thing then doing any move he want's at double speed.

Nice attack, sleep and work in the morning are calligng me, expect my riposte tomorrow evening. Yaaahh!

I disagree.... if all he could do was copy moves, instead of copy styles, techniques, etc altogether... he probably wouldn't have been able to slip into startk HQ as the only acrobatic tricks he would know would be limited to what he's seen... and he wouldn't be able to adapt to the lazor sensors...which he did do by the way....
gnight man.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 02:27 AM
Null

Hmmm...can i vote for both ?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 03:09 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by TwisterGameX

what would be the point? confused

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 03:13 AM
Null

what would be the point? confused

laughing I know, but both so good, I can't choose. embarrasment

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 03:23 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by TwisterGameX

We can do that? I vote 50 times for Jinzin, and 50 times for Laminator.

So far, I've seen nothing that really gives either one a real leg up over the other. One of you is walking out of this fight bloody and massively wounded, while the other's dead. I'm just not sure which one would pull it off more...

That site Laminator gave did have a sweet quote for Benedict though...
"I fear Benedict." Hahahaha, I love it.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 03:25 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

I'm not leaning either way right now.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 03:28 AM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote