KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street Tourney Match #3

Street Tourney Match #3
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinzin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Okay, scanner seems to be on the fritz. If need be I'll borrow a digica from work tomorrow night to get you those Dreadstar images. For now, I'll focus on benedict since that just requires text. I'll site both the Amber Novels themselves, as well as the Amber Diceless RPG. Page numbers for the novels will be from the Great Book of Amber (ISBN 0-380-80906), which collects all the novels in one volume.

Here's a link to a brief summary of the Amber novels. The Princes of Amber are this family of demigods who can walk between worlds and never age. They've all mastered various different pursuits, and contend with one another for the Throne. They're all mildly superhuman in physique and mind, and some far moreso in their chosen specialties/obsessions. Benedict has devoted his ageless existance to combat and war.

TTo quote the Amber Diceless RPG:

More to come.

laughing out loud all i gotta say to his fighting ability........

TASK-freakin-MASTER...whatever you have to offer...will soon be mine...nuff said wink...also using a tactical strategy to win this fight isn't really at your advantage for two reasons... first being you'd have to live long enough to put it into action..and the second is because it's YOU that's setting up the scenarios and strategies here...

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 05:34 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

OK! Here we go!

One: It doesn't matter wether you glide, parachute, or fall. Falling makes you easier to lead with the grnade, but that's all.

Two: Your're way beyond the range of those Barettas, Shields, and webbing until you're very near the ground. Your're three kilometer's up dude. With air drag, you'll reach the ground before any webbing could.

Three: I've got plenty of time. Falling three km will take you over a minute if you just dive the whole way. If you glide or para, I've got even more time.

Four: I will so flash-bang you! If you try the velocity change-up (nice idea by the way), I'll just throw another one. Heck, B.D.'s the kind of guy who'd expect that sort of trick and have the other stun grenade in hand. smile

Five: You WILL git hit! The point of the stun grenade is to get ready for this. Or course it's not enough to polish off the symbiote, but it'll stun you (again especially with Sabertooth's senses) for a moment. That brief moment of not dodging is all that's required to blast Big Kahuna to pieces. I'm not talking about bullets or a stab wounds here. I'm talking about enough power to blast a boulder the size of an elephant to gravel without a being powered up (Dreadstar Issue One Page six). Kahuna's certainly a good dodger. We both are. We could literally dodge eachother for hours out here. (If we go for the long game, this is gonna be a damn boring battle.) The whole point of this setup is that you'e got nowhere to go, nothing to push off of, no cover, and you've been momentarily blinded and deafenned, and concussed; and the blast is travelling at near lightspeed No one can dodge under those circumstances.

You're simply never making it to the groung in one piece.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Last edited by Laminator_X on Sep 20th, 2005 at 06:02 AM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 05:59 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

Taskmaster? Please. What's he seen me do so far? He aint seen nothin yet. Besides, like I said when Tasky tries to go on the offensive against a REAL-Master (Cap, Electra), he looses...every...time.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 06:08 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you seriously trying to h2h Taskmaster?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 06:11 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

I won't need to. This guy's never going to get anywhere near me unless I'm baiting him.

But, I stand by what I said about Taskmaster. He's great at making fools out of people who are trying to catch him and then splitting, but when he actually tries to stand and fight he looses.

I mean think about it, he probably knows Captain America's moves better than anyone else's, plus all his other stuff, and he still couldn't beat him.

He did get away though. smile

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 06:17 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hard choice....going to jinzin right now but we got a week, so impress me.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 06:38 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

Here's en excerpt with Corwyn, the hero of the novels, giving a "Respect Benedict" lecture to his sidekick.

quote:

Excuse me, please. You do not understand. You do not really understand who it was we talked with in the tent that night. He may have seemed an ordinary man to you, a handicapped one at that. But this is not so. I fear Benedict. He is unlike any other being in Shadow or Reality. He is the Master of Arms for Amber. Can you concieve of a millenium? A thousand years? Several of them? Can you understand a man who, for almost every day of a lifetime like that, has spent some time dwelling with weapons, tactics, strategies? ...I would not wish to fight with him either with weapons, or barehanded. It is fortunate ha has no designs on the throne or he'd be occupying it right now. If he were, I believe that I would give up at this moment and pay him homage. I fear Benedict.

The Guns of AvalonChapter five. Page 204

This is coming from a guy who himself fought halfway up a winding mountain against an entire army coming the other way. Corwyn kills nasty monsters without breaking a sweat. Corwyn defeats Amber's Rival, The Courts of Chaos's Warmaster in about two paragraph when the meet near the end of the saga. During centuries he spent living on earth, Corwyn served under Napoleon, Lee, and MacArthur, and compares Benedict favorably to all of them. Corwyn's spent thousands of years contending and warring for the above mentioned throne. He would just give up straight away if Benedict wanted it.

T one point Corwyn is framed for the murder of Benedict's retainers. Benedict manages to chase Corwyn doen despite a days head start and Corwyn twisting worlds to hit him with a forest fire. When benedict finally corners him, after riding for days, he still completely dominates Corwyn, despide being missing his good arm at the time. He and his brother fence with broadswords (they're strong, fast, and tough anough to fence with broadswords) and he casually cuts down full trees as if they were bamboo when Corwyn tries to hide behind them. (Corwyn takes advantage of Benedict's rage to trip him up and escape, but you know, he's the protagonist)

Ah yes the arm. Benedict lost the arm in a moment of hesitation when he learned that the leader of a band of Beastriding Hellmaids out of Chaos was his former lover. Freshly amputated, he still manages to kill her, and her army. Days later, he leads the Armies Of Amber in defence against an assault of Wyvvern riding beast-men. He fights mounted with the reins tied around the still-fresh stump of his arm and his sword in his off-hand. Noone can touch him.

When it comes to combat, wether personal or mass, he is godlike, beyond the level we're usually even considering around here.

Last edited by Laminator_X on Sep 20th, 2005 at 01:28 PM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 01:17 PM
jinzin

One: It doesn't matter wether you glide, parachute, or fall. Falling makes you easier to lead with the grnade, but that's all.

actually it does.... one, it gives me the oppurtunity to glide away from your ass if I so choose, two it allows me to rain things down upon you.... you are not out of my range as I am coming down towards you... I have a huge help from gravity at this point.... and 3 if I do fall I get right back up (you do know I can use my symbiote like a giant shield to absorbb the impact right?) and you know have ZERO time to prep for me to show up...

Two: Your're way beyond the range of those Barettas, Shields, and webbing until you're very near the ground. Your're three kilometer's up dude. With air drag, you'll reach the ground before any webbing could.
nope onece again, I have gravity helping me out here.... and how the hell is TBK gonna hit the ground before the webbing does? What the f**k?

that's assuming I went freefall... if that's the case, then once again you've got little time to prep for my arrival...

Three: I've got plenty of time. Falling three km will take you over a minute if you just dive the whole way. If you glide or para, I've got even more time.

you only have that time IF I LET you have it... remember my symbiote can shapeshift into all sorts of shapes and sizes...I can form myself into an aerodynamic figure andmissile my way down towards you... I just have too many options to go with...

Four: I will so flash-bang you! If you try the velocity change-up (nice idea by the way), I'll just throw another one. Heck, B.D.'s the kind of guy who'd expect that sort of trick and have the other stun grenade in hand. smile

so your whole plan is that your character knows what I'm going to do before I do it? What the f**k? last time you posted you were attempting to prep your sword WHILE getting your flashbang ready... now your pulling two out? which is it? huh

meh no matter... your only chance to flashbang me is a minute one.... thing is I got this nifty symbiote... chances are you missed me with that first one as if you tried to chuck it while I was gliding my symbiote stopped it before it could get to me... orrr I globbed a chunk of webbing in the opposite direction to stop it's momentum upwards and now it's succumbing to my webbing's velocity + gravity..... hell it's likely that plan could just as well work against you.

now I hit the ground and you have another one ready? fine....that's great I don't care.... using my photographic reflexes I already see what's comming by the time you even begin to toss the mofo...all of the sudden webbing's flying your way and you now have a flashbang stuck to your hand.....things are getting ugly....

Five: You WILL git hit!
...immmm no...no I won't...unless your packing a throwing arm that can launch things faster than bullets in double time your not hitting jack....

The point of the stun grenade is to get ready for this. Or course it's not enough to polish off the symbiote, but it'll stun you (again especially with Sabertooth's senses) for a moment. That brief moment of not dodging is all that's required to blast Big Kahuna to pieces. I'm not talking about bullets or a stab wounds here. I'm talking about enough power to blast a boulder the size of an elephant to gravel without a being powered up (Dreadstar Issue One Page six)
... again I'd be impressed in other situations... here however I am not...venom BY HIMSELF has walked right through shrieks sonic scream... an attack that leveled a wherehouse, he faced off against a regiment of mace warriors all packing rockets and sonics and fire..AND HE WON... he did the same thing to the wild pack who had more of the same, he did the same thing to the sentry guards who had more of the same.... NOW I have even further enhanced durability and such from sabretooth.....who, because he's crazy and likes pain to some sextent probably won't be near as effected by and attacks that can damage my symbiote... proof you ask? certainly...

carnage totally ignored setting himself on fire because, and I quote... "I DON'T CARE!" now the sabretooth part o me is pissed off you are not going to hit me, and you certainly are not going to stop me even IF you did... chances are though...,I web the shit out of you before you can do anything with that sword.. or hell I just web the sword and launch it miles into the treeline... kinda funny how you ignored the fact that I have an energy shield altogether eh? wink

and Kahuna's certainly a good dodger. We both are. We could literally dodge eachother for hours out here. (If we go for the long game, this is gonna be a damn boring battle.)

which you would lose thanks to me symbiotic tendrils, photographic reflexes, enhanced speed, double speed, mock spider sense, and superior healing factor, durabality and stamnina...

The whole point of this setup is that you'e got nowhere to go, nothing to push off of, no cover, and you've been momentarily blinded and deafenned, and concussed; and the blast is travelling at near lightspeed No one can dodge under those circumstances.

as I already explained... that isn't quite accurate... as far as dodging.... guess you never heard of spiderman..... ? huh

my guys got faster reflexes, a mock spidey sense, and superior speed.... all I need to do is dodge one or two blasts... (or delfect them with my energy shield...then my photographic reflexes will pick up on what you're doing with the sword, dodging won't even be an issue for me.... again... I just have too many options...

You're simply never making it to the groung in one piece.

well if I was stripped of my powers, my adamantium, my symbiote, my reflexes, my OPTIONS altogether.....you might have a point... wink

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 04:49 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

again...master of arms.....pfffft... TASKMASTER! wink

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 04:50 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hmmm . . .

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 08:34 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by leonidas
hmmm . . .

What the f**k? still having a hard time deciding eh?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 09:13 PM
jinzin

sorry my last post has so many spelling errors guys.... I was kinda in a rush..... sad

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 09:17 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Jinzin gets my vote. Could change my mind before the week ends though. Lam your doing good, interesting stuff your posting.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 09:20 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I think Benedict is probably more of a badass than we realize (In my opinion Drizzt didn't get enough respect last round either, but I'm biased there since I'm a fan) but this is still a good match. I wasn't familiar with much of Lam's stuff before this but I'm pleasantly surprised. Fortunately, I don't have to vote in these matches...because a lot of them would be a pretty rough decision.

And I like this match...no debates where I have to rush in and define soemthing so that everyone is happy.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 09:47 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

yeah, thus far everything as been pretty good as far as sportsmanship and compromise goes...

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 09:49 PM
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jinzin,
who do you stand with?
The new alpowerful Duke-JP or TOAA?

Choose now, for he will try to persuade you to join him.

He has taken master dan and he will pay.
He will pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 10:00 PM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

read my last post in the jp/jinz-vs. toaa thread to find out where i stand...

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 10:00 PM
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Jinzin. Just too much for the poppy little bugger.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 10:52 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is a good match I know Jinz better and like him a lot but its equal at the moment.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 10:56 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zachrivard
Kratos

i vote for X because he got a better amalgam

Dr. Polaris," Arent you gonna wash your hands?" Lex Luthor,"........No, Cause I'm Evil." thanks to digi for the sig

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 11:06 PM
zachrivard is currently offline Click here to Send zachrivard a Private Message Find more posts by zachrivard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote