KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street Tourney Match #3

Street Tourney Match #3
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

One last post before I hit the road. There seems to be an impression that this is my only chance for victory, that if my initial port into the air hadn't worked (not like you could stop it) or if you by some miracle made it to the ground without serious injury (not that that 's gonna happen) I'm screwed.

To address your point my ignoring your prowess on the ground (and again I concede nothing with regards to the way this fight has gone, I think it would be helpful to the voters to understand that whatever the conditions, my superior mobility, superior ranged attacks, and superior skill/tactical mind will allow Dreadcrawler to overcome Kahuna's slight speed edge, and clear advantage in healing, stealth, and senses.

If you were to reach the groung, and again, you won't, Ben would port back a ways to get some breathing room/time, and level the trees surrounding him to get a clear battlefield.

If Kahuna tries to fight from a distance with TM's weapons, my superior range, power and accuracy will win the day. We're both dodging freaks, but the rules say 7 out of 10 dodges/blocks is the best we can hope for, and my ranged attacks do a hell of a lot more damage.

If Kahuna tries another tendril attack, BAMF! back to the sky for another round of ownage! (Not that he'd have survived the first round of it)

If Kahuna tries to close for a close in brawl, oh wait that's never going to happen. Banf! That's the one scenario where he might take me, then only due to his vastly better healing factor. Good thing I NEVER have to let that happen isn't it.

Of course it's all just speculation as I'll never let him reach the ground in one piecs. evil face

Off to work, see ya tonight.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 01:15 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

It was quiet, too quiet.

We seem to have hit a lull here.
Rather than continue to go over old points, I'll take a moment to give you the writeup for the "Warfare" stat from the Amber RPG. Since this is a diceless RPG, there's no objective numbering scale for stats. Characters are all just ranked by how many points they've spent/earned in a stat or power. The ref keeps track of rankings and adjudicates when situations might warrant an upset. Each of the stats are defined by one of the Elder Amberites who exemplify "Top Rank" in a given stat. "Warfare" is defined by Benedict.

Now, some of this stuff is over the top. I don't think some of this stuff is really supported by the primary texts. Just the same, it gives you at least some idea of the magnitude tactical mind and skills we're dealing with. Tone the "borderline psychic" stuff down a couple notches and you have Benedict as he is portrayed in the novels.

(Sorry if you have to zoom the image in your browser to read the text, I was hitting the file size cap for an upload to the board.)

Attachment: benfeats.jpg
This has been downloaded 91 time(s).

Last edited by Laminator_X on Sep 23rd, 2005 at 01:11 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 01:07 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

It's been 18 hours since we've heard from Jinzin. For the moment, I'm going to limit my posting here until he has a chance to respond to things I said today. If anyone has any questions, I'll happily chime in to answer them or clarify things; but there'll be no further attacks, rebuttles, or "Respect Ben Dreadcrawler" posts from me until Jinzin gets back.

Feel free to keep voting though. After all, Jin and I are doing this for the fans. wink

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 03:05 AM
jinzin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Laminator_X
It's been 18 hours since we've heard from Jinzin. For the moment, I'm going to limit my posting here until he has a chance to respond to things I said today. If anyone has any questions, I'll happily chime in to answer them or clarify things; but there'll be no further attacks, rebuttles, or "Respect Ben Dreadcrawler" posts from me until Jinzin gets back.

Feel free to keep voting though. After all, Jin and I are doing this for the fans. wink

wow...thanks man.. I both commend you and apprieciate your patience with me on this thread. Sorry I couldn't post much today, tomorrows looking to be more of the same.. sad

unfortunately I have an art project that I procrastinated on until the last moment and I've spent most of my day doing that, I'm also currently trying out for wrestling in college and between the two of those things school and meals, I just didn't have the time to come in and reply today...

sorry about that.. things will clear up for me by tommorrow evening and saturday though so I should be okay for that...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 04:37 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

I can relate, believe me.

Do you want to maybe each post a "closing argument" type post tomorrow night, ant then just field any questions from voters on Sat? I'm pretty busy this weekend too.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 04:53 AM
jinzin

I can relate, believe me.

Do you want to maybe each post a "closing argument" type post tomorrow night, ant then just field any questions from voters on Sat? I'm pretty busy this weekend too.

yeah that sounds about fair... lets do...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 04:59 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

There seems to be an impression that this is my only chance for victory,
it really truly is...

that if my initial port into the air hadn't worked (not like you could stop it)
maybe I couldn't stop the port..but I can definitely stop you from porting away FROM me...

or if you by some miracle made it to the ground without serious injury (not that that 's gonna happen) I'm screwed.

you're simply not going to dish out enough damage in the timeframe you have to work with (under a minute).... you have to get past multiple shields then override two healing factors and that's ONLY IF i simply freefall.... you won't even get past the damned shields... not in under a minute...and as I said venom's quite adept at arial maneavures.. you've got a lot to over come JUST TO HIT ME in the first place.. than.. you've got a lot of damage to dish out to put me down and negate BOTH of my healing factors... which as I said.....you won't... again venom BY HIMSELF has taken a similar blast by pyre to the chest... and just stood there talking to the kid... I'm not worried nor impressed......

my superior mobility, superior ranged attacks, and superior skill/tactical mind will allow Dreadcrawler to overcome Kahuna's slight speed edge, and clear advantage in healing, stealth, and senses.
you don't have superior skill, if you you, you won't for long, my photgraphic reflexes will take care of that, your superiority in tactical knowledge isn't enough to beat me alone, not when you have nothing else that can effectively back it up. Your superior ranged attacks will never even hit me... and you are NOWHERE CLOSE to my speed... I have relfexes and speed at spiderman level on top of reflexes and speed at spiderman level, on top of speed and reflexes just under spiderman level... plus X2 speed! in an in close confrontation, as I said pages ago, I'll kill you before you even realize what's happened...

nevermind my overwhelming superiority in endurance, stamina, dexterity, agility, and durability.

If you were to reach the groung, and again, you won't, Ben would port back a ways to get some breathing room/time, and level the trees surrounding him to get a clear battlefield.
tand this is an advantage to you because?.....confused

If Kahuna tries to fight from a distance with TM's weapons, my superior range, power and accuracy will win the day. We're both dodging freaks, but the rules say 7 out of 10 dodges/blocks is the best we can hope for, and my ranged attacks do a hell of a lot more damage.
your ranged attacks do a hell of a lot more damage to boulders and pillars... my attacks are more precise and lethal. again.....in a ranged fight you'll never hit me... it's that simple... you know that and you're falling back on some rules as a copout... you know that I can outdodge you any day of the week, and I can take one of your ranged hits.. you can't take one of mine...tendrils will kill you...

If Kahuna tries another tendril attack, BAMF! back to the sky for another round of ownage! (Not that he'd have survived the first round of it)
that's when I say "enough of this!" and do what I was going to do in the first place.. only right this time.. my symbiote breaks down at a near molecular level going through the opening's in your clothing in your gloves etc seeping into your pours while another bit of symbiote branches off to simply turn your head back past your shoulders and snap your neck...as I said before my senses can photgraphic reflexes plus spidey sense are going to tell me what your about to do before we even get up there.. it won't take nearly any time at all to simply kill you in the process... but please....grab them again... do it.... I insist... wink... you won't live to bamf again though, that's for sure...

If Kahuna tries to close for a close in brawl, oh wait that's never going to happen. Banf! That's the one scenario where he might take me, then only due to his vastly better healing factor. Good thing I NEVER have to let that happen isn't it.

then you'll be bamfing too far away to hit me with your sword and you'll be exhausting yourself as you already hit your max with the sky port..even with your enhancements that's going to slow you down some, continuous bmafing will only hinder you all the more... my senses can keep me alert to where you'll pop up next, so you can't sneak on me, or surprise me, but if you bamf anywhere near me, you're going to get a nast surprise when you come out the other side...THE BIG KAHUNA

Last edited by jinzin on Sep 23rd, 2005 at 05:54 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 05:44 AM
jinzin

Nightcrawler teleports out of graples all the time. It's his choice weather to bring someone through with him.

apparently you missed the parts about the symbiotic latching onto you and seeping into your pours... which it can do.... at this point it's already melding itself onto you.. you teleport I come with...simple as...

QUOTE=5045645]Originally posted by Laminator_X
As to your attempts at contesting my control over out distance, my energy weapons are more accurate over a longer distance than your bullets. I can be close enough to nail you without coming into range of your attacks.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you're quite understanding my argument... I'm not saying my range = your range... what I'm saying is my range is pretty damned nice, using symbiote tendrils and such my range is easily just under 90 to 100 yards... if I'm snaking my tendirl out in a small singular strand it can cover the country side.. but that's not important... what's important is the fact that I have a decent range capability at around 90 or so yards using a weapon that can sustain and dish out damage even to you...... you are arguing that you are easily out of my range and that you can still hit me with your damned sword...

my counter to this is simply: if you are seriously outside my range of attack, than you must be a good distance away from me... with my enhanced mutant reflexes on top of enhanced government weapon x reflexes, on top of enhanced symbiote reflexes, on top of a mock precognitive spider sense, on top of photographic reflexes, on top of years of weapon x training to negotiate foes with ranged weaponry, and an expert fighting ability you are not going to come even CLOSE to hitting me... not even close... and as I said before all I have to do is survive one or two blasts and then I begin to see what you're doing before you do it by imprinting your style into my photographic reflexes.. you have to be close to hit me... damn close.... too close, and as I said if you get that close I have my list of choices on how to deal with your precious sword between tendrils, a sword, energy claws, adamntium claws, an energy shield, and WEBBING you're going to be hard pressed to defend yourself against my attacks much less counter attack me and succeed at hitting me... I'm going to web-yank that sword away from you, or my symbiotes going to grab it while your attention is focused on the webbing, and finally I'll follow up to just chop your arm off while you're preoccupied dealing with both... one way or the other....or the other... that swords not going to belong to you anymore and you're going to lose the ONE chance you have at beating me here...

Powering up the sword? It's not like it takes some set amount of time. The big blast in the picture was after a brief skirmish with a dozen or so guys. I doubt that whole fight took 15 seconds.

earlier you said ( I think you did anyway) that you had to use your blaster pistol to power up the sword... having to use continuous blasts to do it, I would imagine this would take some time no? maybe I misunderstood and if i did I apologize, please feel free to clarify...

I'm also gonna call "Spiderman vs. Firelord" on Wolvie walking into Cyke's blasts. If he puts out so little force that someone can just slowly push back against it like pushing a stalled car or something, he couldn't do any of the thousands of other things he's done with his beam.

point is, cyclops has blasted 616 wolverine on several occasions, on ALL THREE occasions wolverine just stood up as soon as he regained his footing/and or didn't notice the blast whatsoever...

Also, as Dizzle pointed out, my attacks aren't force beams.

I pointed that out too.. but the fact remains, if that's the cap of destructive capabilities than you're in trouble...BIG trouble.

QUOTE=5045645]Originally posted by Laminator_X
Webbing and/or shields blocking my sword, here's that picture of Vanth shattering an energy shield. For a little more context, the guy he's pummelling there it the Big Bad of the first three years of Dreadstar's comic. He's the Pope/Emperor of his entire galaxy. He disintegrates entire mobs with but a look, and his shields are far better than Cap/TM's energy shield and Vanth pierces it easily. [/QUOTE]

you don't know that that's necessarily true... you're just assuming it to be a better shield... it's not, or at least it shouldn't be... as I said the energy shields are capable of reproducing properties for limited amounts of time that can match and hold up to admantium/vibranium.... the same substance that's severed ultrons head... if your character has a sword that's capable of in essence destroying something that's able to hold up to it's adamantium/vibranium counterpart, than it should be ignored for the purposes of this debate... te fact is that's not a better shield, you have no way of PROVING that it is either as the tm energy shield as never broken down under the pressure of anything other than it's own time limit... thus you have nothing to go off of, nothing for comparison... how you continue to think that swords going to get past the shield before I get to you, much less hit me is quite beyond me my friend... confused

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 05:44 AM
jinzin

people must be done voting for this matchup... confused

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 07:33 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I vote for jinzin, he is holding his own well, and isn't letting the opposition get the best of him. stick out tongue

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 08:09 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

well..... that's certainly a surprise... embarrasment

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 08:11 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

No I like you, I just tell it like I feel. smile

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 08:11 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

i see.... embarrasment

sad

i kinda feel bad now...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 08:17 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I'm good at being annoying, I kinda like twister too, and even logan87, I told them, but they know how it is...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 08:22 PM
jinzin

Originally posted by Khellendros
Err, actually I thought I voted a while back. Basically, Jinzin keeps scoffing at Benedict and pressing Taskmaster's prowess. But no f*ckin way is Taskmaster going to fight his way through any competent army on his own, much less surpassing that level of skill.

I don't think you quite understand the premise of my argument... when taskmaster loses versus a superior fighter.. it's more often than not.. NOT because he's outmatched in the physical battle, rather outsmarted into getting hit by something that his human level durability can't hndle without him submitting defeat...

HOWEVER... that's not the case here.. the problem for lam is that he's not fighting taskmaster here.. he's rather dealing with the photographic reflexes tm possesses... in a h2h fight my boy TBK can take pretty much WHATEVER dreadstar throws his way and just smile.. even IF dreadstar by some MIRACLE was able to hurt TBK through a h2h confrontation, it wouldn't be lasting damage.. it would heal in seconds.. IF THAT.. TBK can't be tricked into being hit by something thathis durability or healing factors can't handle nlike TM... the fact is my character can hang h2h indefinitely and eventually those photgraphic reflexes are gonna help me to see what dreadstars doing before he's even completed a motion, it will catch up with him and he only needs one mistake to lose this fight, I can afford to make a few, he can't say the same... it's also of note, that while TM may not be able to fight armies... sabretooth and venom are more thanfully capable of that...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 09:45 PM
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

jinzin has my vote

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 10:03 PM
wolverine8888 is currently offline Click here to Send wolverine8888 a Private Message Find more posts by wolverine8888 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

sheesh, i'm still not positive. again, seems like lam should be doing more given the situation jin is in. i DO believe lam is correct in that his character can basically take potshots at TBK while he's falling. varying you're speed of descent isn't going to be enough to hinder someone with benedict's literally THOUSANDS (and lam, i think benedict is cool but i DON'T think taking him was a great idea because the vast majority have never read zelazny and have no real idea of his capabilities), of years of fighting skill -- the dude is essentially a GOD -- but, if what jin has said about his character's invulnerability is true (especially stacking powers as he has) i'm not sure lam can do enough damage even given his (at the moment) tactical advantage.

if it becomes h2h, i'm not sure. benedict can use new moves forever, so taskmaster ain't copying nothing, and his speed and kill would likely be able to at least stalemate TBK. and jin has said what the symbiote has been able to do on occasion, but there are numerous times when it HASN'T simply leeched into pores, etc . . .

i will admit to liking lam's amalgam better -- it seems to fit the mold of 'street-level' better. and again, i side a bit with lam -- if TBK can indeed laugh through whatever lam dishes out, perhaps he IS too strong.

BUT . . . given the rules, i can't say jin is doing anything wrong so i suppose i have to go with jin. the character just seems too tough. good job of constructing a beast of a character jin.

i'll say jin pending a change of heart during the closing arguments.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 10:49 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

It's like this but jinzin happens to be Ryu and lam is Ken
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 11:00 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

^???

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 12:43 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by jinzin
I don't think you quite understand the premise of my argument... when taskmaster loses versus a superior fighter.. it's more often than not.. NOT because he's outmatched in the physical battle, rather outsmarted into getting hit by something that his human level durability can't hndle without him submitting defeat...

(Only replying because you directly responded to my vote.)

Maybe. But I also don't think Tasky has ever met someone like Benedict. Who is the most experienced fighter he's ever come up against? Probably Captain America. And he has to watch videos of Cap fighting every week just to keep up with his ever changing style. And Cap has only been fighting for a handful of decades. It would take years, at least, for Taskmaster to learn enough to match Benedict.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 12:52 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote