KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street Tourney Match #4

Street Tourney Match #4
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Street Tourney Match #4

Stormfront vs. 8BitChris

Battlefield: The fight takes place in the Grand Canyon. Combatants start in a deep valley at the base of a cliff. They start on opposite sides of a river amongst boulders and rubble. The river ranges from 10 meters wide to 50 meters wide, both at nearby places. There are no discernable paths to higher ground. They cannot see each other at the fight's outset. Rock cover is sporadic in places, and dense in others.

Voting Eligibility Date: July 31

Prep: 15 minutes in a nondescript room before being teleported to the battlefield.

Stormfront -
Name: Skreik
Dazzler - http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...s/d/dazzler.htm
Spider-Woman III (body) - http://www.fortunecity.com/rivendel.../279/woman.html
Siryn - http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/siryn.htm
Equipment: N/A
Character Notes: Cannot use voice powers to fly or mind control, only as blasts of force/energy to harm an opponent. SWIII has had any flight and/or telepathy removed for the tourney.

8BitChris -
Name: Espionage
Deadpool - http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi.../d/deadpool.htm
Doppleganger (body) - http://www.samruby.com/Villains/Dop...oppleganger.htm
Black Panther - http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...lackpanther.htm
Equipment: Vibranium suit/boots, retractable anti-metal claws, energy daggers (2), katanas (2), Colt .45 pistols (2), grenades (2 regular, 1 gas, 1 flash), cluster bomb
Character Notes: It will be assumed that while Deadpool can heal faster than Wolverine, and has a rather advanced healing factor, decapitation will still essentially count as a loss since in the fight he won’t have enough time to regrow it before further damage takes place. It will aid with most wounds, but shouldn’t be used as an “I can’t die” argument.
Spider-sense: Easily dodge attacks from untrained opponents, and can dodge bullets/arrows/well trained opponents a modest amount of the time. Innate ‘warning’ system will also allow him to deflect or partially avoid blows or projectiles a modest amount of the time, thus incurring less-than-total damage from the blow/projectile.

Good luck to both.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 04:34 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Damn... 8bitchris got a potent Amaglam as well. This will be a good match.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 04:40 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

just a point.... i'm pretty sure Doppelganger does not have a spider sense.... i read through the entire MAximum Carnage line and didn't see any evidence to support that he had that ability

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 05:47 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

well, I can't post much today, but this is what I'll post so far.

I will absorb siryns scream making dazzlers powers waaaaay more powerful. after dazzler absorbed blackbolts scream, she defeated absorbing man with one hit. your durability is nothing compared to am's so one hit should taKE You out. or I create light fog(dazzler) and shoot thousands of psotonic charges which are like bullets at you. also, siryns scream can be both sound and energy. your suit can't absorb the sound, because it isn't only sound. i on the other hand can absorb it fine because it has sound in it. as long as I use my scream, then I get powered up, and become stronger and stronger. also, if you web me up, that won't matter. my scream can liquify or disenegrate the webbing. also I can scream with siryn and dazzler, because dazzler has even shot out a sonic scream before, doubling my power, and doubling the force exxerted on you. also if I scream, I can induce nausea in you making you unstable and barley able to walk leaving you open to attack.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 06:48 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

oh, well we can't see eachother, cause of the battlefield. well then I use eco-location to find you. simple. also if force-fields are allowed(don't remember reading that they weren't) then I have one of those.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 06:52 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
just a point.... i'm pretty sure Doppelganger does not have a spider sense.... i read through the entire MAximum Carnage line and didn't see any evidence to support that he had that ability

cause he doesn't...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 06:54 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

good, then it's doubtful he can dodge any of my attacks. also I would like to point out, that my spider-sence is awsome. it is very good, and with my speed and protection I am almost impossible. spider-woman lll at one point had pre-cog, and it modified her spider-sence. now it's more powerful and gives me longer time to react.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 06:56 PM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Originally posted by stormfront13

I will absorb siryns scream making dazzlers powers waaaaay more powerful. after dazzler absorbed blackbolts scream, she defeated absorbing man with one hit.your durability is nothing compared to am's so one hit should taKE You out.

Ok, first of all, Siryn definately "aint" no BlackBolt. So this makes your point moot. My vibranium suit certainly has enough strength to sap all the momentum out of your sound waves and enough durabilty withstand any energy assault Dazzler's pretty lights feel like. Even if you do manage to pierce the suit in certain areas, the damage is negligible enough for my healing factor to swiftly take care of it.

quote:

or I create light fog(dazzler) and shoot thousands of psotonic charges which are like bullets at you.

Espionage immediately charges the nearest 20m gap of the river leaping swiftly over it. At the same time, he releases the two .45s from their holsters and unloads them in Skriek's direction using the precise aim of both Deadpool and the Blackpanther and continues to close the distance between the two combatents; getting up out of a barrel roll and shrugging off the minor impact from the "psotonic" bullets and using his strength to push past them.

quote:

also, siryns scream can be both sound and energy. your suit can't absorb the sound, because it isn't only sound.

Sure it can. It's vibranium.

quote:

i on the other hand can absorb it fine because it has sound in it. as long as I use my scream, then I get powered up, and become stronger and stronger. also, if you web me up, that won't matter. my scream can liquify or disenegrate the webbing.

As the distance is closed Espionage ignores the piercing sound and uses two of his six arms to cover his eyes from the light as he makes a blind tackle; taking the impared Skriek (She just had two clips unloaded on her, it'll stop her from dodging. I give her the benefit of missing some of the bullets, but with the aim of Deadpool and Blackpanther she will be hit sufficiently. She has no spider-sense.) to the ground and unretracting his claws and stabbing into her with both the claws and energy daggers at the same time. Espionage quickly and mercilessly rips Skriek apart and blindly decapitates his foe. A slight smirk comes across his face because he can't help but grin about his ingenious plan to use his prep-time to remove his helmet and stab out his ear-drums so as to not be bothered by the piercing screams of his opponent. As his ear drums heal back up he hums the "Animal House" theme song to himself and walks away.

What webbing?

quote:

also I can scream with siryn and dazzler, because dazzler has even shot out a sonic scream before, doubling my power, and doubling the force exxerted on you. also if I scream, I can induce nausea in you making you unstable and barley able to walk leaving you open to attack.

Siryn's scream and Dazzler's scream are not equal. So your power is not being doubled here. Deadpool has had enough nausea in his life to laugh about it. The force exerted on me is negated by the strength of Doppleganger's body and the amount absorbed by the vibranium suit.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 07:31 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Originally posted by Scoobless

Doppelganger was created to mimic all of Spiderman's powers and had a little flair added to them. We never see from his point of view so his Spider Sense is never mentioned. After all, Doppelganger can't talk so it's not like he will be all, "My Spidey Sense is Tingly!"

I believe he has performed enough dodging feats to give him the benefit of the doubt. He is a Doppelganger of Spiderman and his counterpart.

Does it ever "explicity" state that he does not have one? Does anyone have any proof?

If not, then both assumptions hold equal weight. The assumption that he does not have one and the assumption and he does have one. It's 50-50 + Dodging feats and the base of the character being a brainless "double" of Spiderman.

Whatever the case, i've already been alloted one for the tournament.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 07:37 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

Originally posted by 8bitChris
Ok, first of all, Siryn definately "aint" no BlackBolt. So this makes your point moot. My vibranium suit certainly has enough strength to sap all the momentum out of your sound waves and enough durabilty withstand any energy assault Dazzler's pretty lights feel like. Even if you do manage to pierce the suit in certain areas, the damage is negligible enough for my healing factor to swiftly take care of it.

I never said she was, but in about a second or two, I will have the same amount of power as I did when I defeated absorbing man with one hit. your healing factor is good, but it has it's limits. deadpool has been beaten before.

quote:
Espionage immediately charges the nearest 20m gap of the river leaping swiftly over it. At the same time, he releases the two .45s from their holsters and unloads them in Skriek's direction using the precise aim of both Deadpool and the Blackpanther and continues to close the distance between the two combatents; getting up out of a barrel roll and shrugging off the minor impact from the "psotonic" bullets and using his strength to push past them.

and you will know where I am how? bulltes are desenegrated by my scream or by my force-field, take your pick. or, I could just liquify the gun itself.

quote:
Sure it can. It's vibranium

no it can't

quote:
As the distance is closed Espionage ignores the piercing sound and uses two of his six arms to cover his eyes from the light as he makes a blind tackle; taking the impared Skriek (She just had two clips unloaded on her, it'll stop her from dodging. I give her the benefit of missing some of the bullets, but with the aim of Deadpool and Blackpanther she will be hit sufficiently. She has no spider-sense.) to the ground and unretracting his claws and stabbing into her with both the claws and energy daggers at the same time. Espionage quickly and mercilessly rips Skriek apart and blindly decapitates his foe. A slight smirk comes across his face because he can't help but grin about his ingenious plan to use his prep-time to remove his helmet and stab out his ear-drums so as to not be bothered by the piercing screams of his opponent. As his ear drums heal back up he hums the "Animal House" theme song to himself and walks away.

once again, how do you know where I am? your hands won't protect you, your eyes can still detect light even if they are covered. and yes, I have a spider-sence, a helluva lot better one then you have due to mine being mixed with pre-cog. fine, stab out your eardrums, you will more than likely either die of bloodloss, or heal them back.

quote:
Siryn's scream and Dazzler's scream are not equal. So your power is not being doubled here. Deadpool has had enough nausea in his life to laugh about it. The force exerted on me is negated by the strength of Doppleganger's body and the amount absorbed by the vibranium suit.

I never said they were equal, but I am producing double the sound, therefore absorbing more sound, therefore doubling my power. you will be dizzy, nausious, and confused, you won't even be able to walk straight.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 07:55 PM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

I never said she was, but in about a second or two, I will have the same amount of power as I did when I defeated absorbing man with one hit. your healing factor is good, but it has it's limits. deadpool has been beaten before.

No you wont. There is no way Siryn could amplify Dazzler like Blackbolt could. Absolutely no way. With arguements like that you are practically giving me votes.

quote:

and you will know where I am how? bulltes are desenegrated by my scream or by my force-field, take your pick. or, I could just liquify the gun itself.

We both enter the arena at the same time. I'm going to say that my guys definately have better reactions than you. You obviously havn't moved. Yes my guys are that good. I could feel which way the sound vibrations are coming from or listen to the Spider sense.

quote:

no it can't

You don't know too much about vibranium do you?

quote:

once again, how do you know where I am? your hands won't protect you, your eyes can still detect light even if they are covered. and yes, I have a spider-sence, a helluva lot better one then you have due to mine being mixed with pre-cog. fine, stab out your eardrums, you will more than likely either die of bloodloss, or heal them back.

One again, you didn't move. I think i'll go with the heal them back. You're still immobilized by some of the bullets or trying to recover from some fancy dodging.

quote:

I never said they were equal, but I am producing double the sound, therefore absorbing more sound, therefore doubling my power. you will be dizzy, nausious, and confused, you won't even be able to walk straight.

If they arn't equal then they can't be producing "double" the effect. That's basic arithmatic. My guys all have enough will power to focus and muscle through some nausea. Black Panther is an efficient and determined killer, he wont let anything stop himself from reaching you. I still fail to see how this nausea will happen? Explain it to me.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:05 PM
stormfront13

[QUOTE=5020281]Originally posted by 8bitChris

No you wont. There is no way Siryn could amplify Dazzler like Blackbolt could. Absolutely no way. With arguements like that you are practically giving me votes.

QUOTE]

yes I will. it happened a looooooong time ago. blackbolts scream was still being described as pure sound. it has porgressed over the years, and is stronger than it was back then. I will be getting stronger by the second, and my blasts will be getting stronger also. your durability is nothing compared to absorbing mans, and I defeated him with one hit. it will take 2 or 3 hits to pput you down, because I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and think that it will take time to get to that level of power(it won't).

quote:
We both enter the arena at the same time. I'm going to say that my guys definately have better reactions than you. You obviously havn't moved. Yes my guys are that good. I could feel which way the sound vibrations are coming from or listen to the Spider sense.

fine, you can say it, but it doesn't mean it's true. if anything we would be equal seeing as both are based on spider-man characters, but due to the fact that I have a spider-sence and you don't, then mine should be better. the sound vibrations don't come from one direction, they can come from all directions if siryn wants.

quote:

and you obviously know nothing of dazzler and siryn. black panther has been hurt before.

quote:
One again, you didn't move. I think i'll go with the heal them back. You're still immobilized by some of the bullets or trying to recover from some fancy dodging.

so, you don't know where I am. fine, then if you heal them back then you are vulnerable to my sonic attacks. immobilized? please, my force-field will protect me from anything you have.

quote:
If they arn't equal then they can't be producing "double" the effect. That's basic arithmatic. My guys all have enough will power to focus and muscle through some nausea. Black Panther is an efficient and determined killer, he wont let anything stop himself from reaching you. I still fail to see how this nausea will happen? Explain it to me.

look, you have 2 sonic screams going at once, I can absorb both of them at the same time, getting stronger faster. it's not based on will power, you can't push past it. i affect your easr directly, or use dazzlers light powers to screw you up.

Last edited by stormfront13 on Sep 18th, 2005 at 08:32 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:22 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

This match is getting good. Good arguments from both sides.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:29 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

[QUOTE=5020281]Originally posted by 8bitChris

QUOTE]

yes I will. it happened a looooooong time ago. blackbolts scream was still being described as pure sound. it has porgressed over the years, and is stronger than it was back then. I will be getting stronger by the second, and my blasts will be getting stronger also. your durability is nothing compared to absorbing mans, and I defeated him with one hit. it will take 2 or 3 hits to pput you down, because I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and think that it will take time to get to that level of power(it won't).

quote:

fine, you can say it, but it doesn't mean it's true. if anything we would be equal seeing as both are based on spider-man characters, but due to the fact that I have a spider-sence and you don't, then mine should be better. the sound vibrations don't come from one direction, they can come from all directions if siryn wants.

quote:

and you obviously know nothing of dazzler and siryn. black panther has been hurt before.

quote:

so, you don't know where I am. fine, then if you heal them back then you are vulnerable to my sonic attacks. immobilized? please, my force-field will protect me from anything you have.

quote:

look, you have 2 sonic screams going at once, I can absorb both of them at the same time, getting stronger faster. it's not based on will power, you can't push past it. i affect your easr directly.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:31 PM
stormfront13

oh, woops, that was a mistake, my computer freaked out

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:31 PM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

I do have one. The sound vibrations come from a general source. Not all directions. It's like when a nuclear bomb goes off. The vibrations emit from an epicenter; not from behind, up, down, all around my character.

quote:

Not by Dazzler and Siryn. Show me some scans of Siryn shattering vibranium. Please.

quote:

I do know where you are. Force field? Please. Since when has Siryn had an impenetrable force field no one could get through? With the suit absorbing much of the vibrations my guy is definately strong enough to muscle through. Without a doubt.

You do realize how fast I closed to distance between us? Spider-man reflexes and greater agility than Spider-man says I have better agility than you and I reach you before my eardrums heal. I'd also put all of my money of the fact that i'm stronger than your character; and that increases my characters speed.

quote:

look, you have 2 sonic screams going at once, I can absorb both of them at the same time, getting stronger faster. it's not based on will power, you can't push past it. i affect your easr directly.

I didn't say your power was based on will power. I said my guys had enough will power to muscle through a little nausea.

Which characters have the better fighting ability? Mine, by leagues. Up close combat you're dead. I havn't even used a quarter of my arsenel.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:33 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I vote chris smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:34 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by 8bitChris
Doppelganger was created to mimic all of Spiderman's powers and had a little flair added to them. We never see from his point of view so his Spider Sense is never mentioned. After all, Doppelganger can't talk so it's not like he will be all, "My Spidey Sense is Tingly!"

I believe he has performed enough dodging feats to give him the benefit of the doubt. He is a Doppelganger of Spiderman and his counterpart.

Does it ever "explicity" state that he does not have one? Does anyone have any proof?

If not, then both assumptions hold equal weight. The assumption that he does not have one and the assumption and he does have one. It's 50-50 + Dodging feats and the base of the character being a brainless "double" of Spiderman.

Whatever the case, i've already been alloted one for the tournament.

even if he doesn't talk his spider sense would probably be drawn in to demonstrate it.. all I know is that when hobgoblin killed his ass with a lazor gun, there was't any dodging involved...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:37 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

here's a bit of info on my characters powers

siryn-Banshee and Siryn have superhumanly enhanced vocal chords enabling them to scream louder and longer than a normal person is capable. They can also modulate the wavelength and frequency of their "sonic scream" to produce different effects . A sonic scream can be directed as concussive force or pure sound, and can be modulated to perform other effects like shatter glass, crumble masonry, and even liquefy solid objects if the effect is sustained long enough at an intense level. By projecting a scream that manipulates the fluids in someone's inner ear, they can induce unconsciousness, nausea, vomiting, anxiety, or vertigo in opponents. siryn has used her power to generate sonic waves and map out her surrounding environment, and used sonics to disrupt electronic scanning equipment to make it incapable of properly detecting her presence. In her first appearances, Siryn used her powers to generate a force bubble of energy around herself for protection, and to hypnotize Angel into carrying our her bidding and battle his fellow X-Men. Recently, she has also used her powers to tune in to distant noises like a directional microphone, and create a sonic masking field which prevents sound waves from being conducted through the air. This creates a safe zone "bubble" where people can talk as loudly as they want and not be overheard. Both of them possess superhuman hearing, allowing them to still hear properly even over the sound of their own screams, and specially reinforced eardrums that are immune to the harmful effects of loud noises and various ranges of sonic frequencies.

dazzler- Dazzler can transduce sound into light. By absorbing sonic vibrations as they impact against her body, she can cause a "cascading release of photons" which take the form of various kinds of light wave emissions. Originally, Ali required a constant source of sonic waves to use her powers, transforming sound directly into light. After attempting to process the close quarters roaring of a jumbo jet engine, though, Dazzler's metabolism changed so that she could store up sound within her body to be converted into light effects at a later time. She can produce light from all or parts of her body in various colors, pulsations, and levels of intensity, from a mild glow to a blinding glare. Manipulating the way her light pulsates can render people unconscious, disrupt their sense of equilibrium, or even send them into a temporary comatose state as their minds simply shut down from the overdose of sensory information. For offensive purposes she is capable of firing high-impact photon packets or focused laser beams capable of cutting through steel. She can generate force fields of laser light energy which will either deflect projectiles or atomize anything that they come into contact with. Ali can also produce a "light fog" into her environment which acts as an opaque screen, preventing anyone from seeing through it except for her. She also possessess a natural resistance to the adverse effects of intense light and sound, and so cannot be blinded or deafened by any level of glare or volume. On one single occasion, Dazzler demonstrated the power to rechannel sound waves without converting them into light first, creating a sonic blast.

and spider-woman lll is basically spider-man with all the powers of spider-woman l, and spider-woman ll. also she has four spider-legs that sprout from her bacl that are very durable, and very fast. she can control them, but they usually protect her without thinking about it. also she has a better spider-sence because her spider-sence got mixed with pre-cog.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:40 PM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

...hold that thought!

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:41 PM