KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Deleted Scenes

Deleted Scenes
Started by: Budgie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

they should make a whole movie about The Adventures of Tom Bombadil! yay!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2002 01:32 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

and his imunity to the one ring. Now there's a strange well designed character.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2002 07:35 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

I'm sure there could have been room for Tom, he was quite an intruiging character in his short appearance in the book, it seems a shame to have not developed his interesting presence in the movie.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2002 10:38 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

yeah, tell that to ush!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2002 12:21 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tahnee

I heard that there was a scene (a fighting scene) where Legolas is taking arrows out of orcs (when you wonder why he has a never ending supply of arrows)
There is also the scene where Galadriel gives out all the gifts to the fellowship...That was cut out...It was actually still shown on the ads on TV here in Australia. Damn cut out scenes...
But it's coming out in December over here so I have to wait until then.
Tahn

Old Post Jun 18th, 2002 09:26 AM
Tahnee is currently offline Click here to Send Tahnee a Private Message Find more posts by Tahnee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Anyone who thinks Tom Bombadil should have been in the movie is insane. No matter what you think of him in the book, he would have brought NOTHING to a film in which trying to get non-fans to connect with the start of which was difficult enough as it is.

Believe me, his appearance would have been roundly panned by anyone who was not a die-hard fan. When a man in a blue coat and yellow wellies wondered onto screen twirling the ring around his finger and singing about the fact that he is Tom Bombadil and what a jolly fellow he is people would have walked out the cinema.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2002 12:31 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FINGOLFIN
Harry who?

To the best of my knowledge....

The gift-giving scene is extended.

To the best of my knowledge the Bombadil scene was filmed. I say this because of a question asked of fans at the official movie website. They asked viewers what they thought of not including Bombadil in the film. This question was asked way after the filming was complete. It led me to believe that it was a post-production question.

I think they also may restore the Nazgul on the Great River scene...but this is the conjecture of someone who doesn't necessarily have a clue...but there it is.

The Petition Has Begun........
Okay people....I am counting on some support!!

Sign the petition to make "The Hobbit" into a live-action movie!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/Hobbit/petition.html

Please sign it!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2002 03:11 AM
FINGOLFIN is currently offline Click here to Send FINGOLFIN a Private Message Find more posts by FINGOLFIN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

well anyone who has the dvd has scene that there's gonna be alotta extra footage the scene I like the best is where they meet the elves in the shire really missed that one

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2002 12:33 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote