KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Fett will be back

Fett will be back
Started by: Volundro Ramm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

Fett will be back

Firstly, i'm so glad that the NJO book series is back on line with Rebel Dream, after that dismal attempt at a romance/soap opera called Dark Journey.
Anyway, back to the subject. The other day on some other website i can't remember the name of i read an interview with Shelly Shapiro regarding future NJO novels and EPII. The first thing was that she confirmed that James Luceno will write the final book(I forget the title). Also, now that we know something about the background of Boba Fett, she also confirmed that he will be appearing in up and comming NJO novels.

In the words of goldenrod himself: "Thank the maker!"

Last edited by Volundro Ramm on May 23rd, 2002 at 04:22 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2002 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

I want an entire damn series about Anakin. No more Boba Fett, no more Soap Operas, just ANAKIN.

Old Post May 23rd, 2002 10:35 PM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Anakin Solo or Anakin Skywalker?

Old Post May 23rd, 2002 11:46 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

Solo of course!

Old Post May 24th, 2002 04:32 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Oh!

Well me and Julie have been having this discussion and we both think they should have a new series for him too.

Just set before the NJO and after the JJK and YJK.

Old Post May 24th, 2002 03:53 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Fett? again?

Old Post May 24th, 2002 06:32 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

We have gone on to talk about Anakin Solo now.

But I don't think brining back Boba Fett would be smart.

Old Post May 24th, 2002 06:47 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Hey, you dissin' Boba Fett? stick out tongue

Boba Fett will probably be teamed with the Yuuzhan Vong, unless he decides that he'll drop his hate for Jedi just for this because the Yuuzhan Vong attack him too.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post May 25th, 2002 12:20 AM
Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

I honestly think that they should of just let Fett die.

Old Post May 25th, 2002 12:21 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Yeah, but if he dies, I want him to die heroically. He is a cool character. Ploppin himself into the sarlacc wasn't the coolest way for a cool person to die. Maybe he could make a truce with Han and they fight the Vong and the Vong kill him as he saves Han's life.

Nah!!!

Old Post May 25th, 2002 12:24 AM
Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Boba came back in a very stupid way. Climbing out of the Sarlacc.

Even if he did come back he should be really old and crippled right now, yet they show him as being as fast as ever.

Old Post May 25th, 2002 12:25 AM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

Some authors are just plain stupid.

Old Post May 25th, 2002 12:32 AM
LanceWindu

They are good in some ways, but not always good in the sense of character developement for the movie characters.

Old Post May 25th, 2002 12:35 AM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

Yes, that.

Old Post May 25th, 2002 01:43 AM
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

Hold on a minute... I think you should read The Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy before passing comment on Fett being faster as ever, because it sounds like you haven't. Also in the same interview Shelly Shapiro said the reason they killed Anakin off was because of the new movies, and people get confused with two Anakins(kind of strange thinking there). I think they killed him off because he had run his time. I've said it before on other threads - theres to many jedi in the NJO books as main characters, so many that its become boring. I think they need to focus on characters with no jedi abilitys. I for one hope they don't bring him back in a different book series.

Also remember that it was explained Boba Fetts growth was unaltered in AOTC and the clones have speeded growth. Think about it - if they can speed growth perhaps they can slow it down.

Old Post May 26th, 2002 05:35 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

No because Boba is UNaltered. They can't change his body at all!!!

Old Post May 27th, 2002 04:34 PM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

Not to mention I have read that trilogy, and still think he should've died in that Sarlacc.

I don't see why people would get confused, A.Solo is Han and Leia's son, A. Skywalker is Darth Vader.

Old Post May 27th, 2002 05:20 PM
LanceWindu

Plus they are sperated by how many years?

Any true Star Wars fan, like the only people that would read the books, can tell the difference in the names.

Old Post May 27th, 2002 06:00 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

I guess the authors just write the books solely for money then. sad

Old Post May 28th, 2002 02:59 AM
LanceWindu

Some of them, but some others lke Zahn love Star Wars and truely want to bring the magic to the books.

Old Post May 28th, 2002 06:06 AM