KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Can Wolverine cut Doomsday?

Can Wolverine cut Doomsday?
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
golem370

Can Wolverine cut Doomsday?

Just a thought.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 11:18 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Not a chance.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 11:23 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I vote Yes, he can, otherwise he's rendered completely impotent, and where's the fun in that? As an aside regarding his claws: They're made of adamantium, which means they are more/less unbreakable. But "unbreakable" is not the same as sharp-enough-to-cut-anything. Or am I missing something?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 12:50 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
havok801125
Havok....as in wreaks

I say no...the claws may be sharp enough to pierce DD's skin but wolvie doesn't have the strenght to do it

Shit Happens.....Get over it

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 01:47 PM
havok801125 is currently offline Click here to Send havok801125 a Private Message Find more posts by havok801125 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
I vote Yes, he can, otherwise he's rendered completely impotent, and where's the fun in that? As an aside regarding his claws: They're made of adamantium, which means they are more/less unbreakable. But "unbreakable" is not the same as sharp-enough-to-cut-anything. Or am I missing something?
strength is what you're missing..

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 02:03 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by havok801125
I say no...the claws may be sharp enough to pierce DD's skin but wolvie doesn't have the strenght to do it

That only matter's of he's trying to gut him. Cutting him would be a matter of how sharp the blade is and what's it made of.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 02:40 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Actually, if Wolverine's claws were sharp enough to cut anything, he wouldn't need much strength, or any strength at all, if they were, say, "molecularly" sharp, or especially sharp down to the Planck length. This is because the sharper a blade, the more pressure that can be exerted per surface area (I went through this in another thread, ie, why a person with a knife can stab through a bulletproof vest). Theoretically, an "infinitely" sharp blade would cut through anything with no exertion at all ("The Infinity Blade floated for eons through space, slicing, passing through anything in its path. Even neutron stars were not immune...")

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 01:07 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

That's all well and good but Wovlie's blades are described as being razor sharp, they aren't one atom thin at the blade or something like that.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 09:35 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

It'd be pretty cool if they WERE one atom thin at the tip, though, wouldn't it?

It'd make sense for why he can cut people like Hulk and such.

In the real world, is there molecul thin blades?? That'd be cool as all hell.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 12:46 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"I say no...the claws may be sharp enough to pierce DD's skin but wolvie doesn't have the strenght to do it"

Like he shouldnt have the strenght to pierce others. But we see him able to, alas.

Its a comic, i wouldnt be surprised watching him do that to Doomsday at all.

Last edited by olympian on Sep 23rd, 2005 at 01:08 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 01:05 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

No.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 02:44 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote