KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman or Jedi

Jedi or Superman?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Superman who can fly and is indestructible 37 46.25%
a Jedi who can read minds and use a lightsaber 43 53.75%
Total: 80 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Superman or Jedi
Started by: LaurenE147

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GODOFALL1

Now just imagine Superman training with a lightsaber under The Emperor..........learning the dark side of the force. HOLY SHIT! Now that would be doom for the entire universe........lol

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 07:00 PM
GODOFALL1 is currently offline Click here to Send GODOFALL1 a Private Message Find more posts by GODOFALL1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etrigan
?

I'd be a Jedi. If you think about it, Superman would never be able to take on a group of fully trained Jedi. Anyone like Yoda, Mace Windu, or Darth Vader (I know, he's a Sith) could kick Superman's ass. They tend to use martial arts, can use their minds with the same strength effect as Supes can use strength, and their lightsabers could probably actually deal him wounds.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 05:25 PM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Etrigan
I'd be a Jedi. If you think about it, Superman would never be able to take on a group of fully trained Jedi. Anyone like Yoda, Mace Windu, or Darth Vader (I know, he's a Sith) could kick Superman's ass. They tend to use martial arts, can use their minds with the same strength effect as Supes can use strength, and their lightsabers could probably actually deal him wounds.

Wow...

Wow...

Superman can beat 500 Jedi Masters while wearing a blindfold and with one arm tied behind his back.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 07:32 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I can't believe people pick being a Jedi over being Superman, rotf.

Superman would destroy the entire Empire within a day by himself with half his effort, imagine what he'll do to the Order and the Jedi Temple.

I'm stunned. Why pick the losing team. lol someone picked Jedi cause they're cooler looking, rotf! Superman pwns all..

Lightsabers and the Force are there but what good will it do to stop someone who tows planets, moves nearly at the speed of light and can hit harder than anything in the Galaxy. The pick is clear..

Superman bullets back and forth through the Jedi temple's wall and pillars, with all members of the Council in it, till the building is a pile of rubble and heat visioning any remaining Jedi in this one, i'm sorry, but this one's a no-brainer.

I'm Superman, slicing in half though the light of multiple lightsabers and the Jedi's holding them, with my heat-vision then freeze breath all torsos in the air. Now shatter Jedi, along with your cut in half frozen saber light..

Superman Forever..

The thing is... in the EU, a lot of Jedi develop their powers to planetary scales. Most of the main character force users could pretty much do whatever they wanted like Q from Star Trek. You could literally throw a red stars at Superman to your heart's content.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 09:23 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

neither... a sith-Darth Zorn

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 09:32 PM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
The thing is... in the EU, a lot of Jedi develop their powers to planetary scales. Most of the main character force users could pretty much do whatever they wanted like Q from Star Trek. You could literally throw a red stars at Superman to your heart's content.

Maybe I need to read up some more but I've never come across a Jedi that can use the Force on a planetary scale?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 04:52 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xkalybr
The Sword of Power!

No lightsabre would hurt Superman.

Superman's heat vision alone would defeat a Jedi or Sith. Look how many Jedi's are killed when they are unable to deflect lasers and it hit them. And they do get hit. Watch "Revenge of the Sith" to see that.

Superman's heat vision is more powerful than any laser gun.

That's just one ability. All of Superman's abilities together means the extinction of all Jedi's.

I am Lancelot of the Lake, and I have yet to find a king worthy of my sword!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 08:44 PM
xkalybr is currently offline Click here to Send xkalybr a Private Message Find more posts by xkalybr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demas

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna The thing is... in the EU, a lot of Jedi develop their powers to planetary scales.

That's just it, they had to develop their powers... not handed to them on a plate. The process of developing that power is far from enjoyable.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 08:58 PM
Demas is currently offline Click here to Send Demas a Private Message Find more posts by Demas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xkalybr
The Sword of Power!

It does not matter that Superman's powers were handed to him on a plate. He is still the superior being out of all the Jedi.

If you are saying that the harder a person trains determines a more powerful being, then Batman should be the overall winner.

Who has trained harder than him, for more years, and with no end in sight??? This is not a Batman post, but I felt like mentioning it.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 12:07 AM
xkalybr is currently offline Click here to Send xkalybr a Private Message Find more posts by xkalybr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demas

Wow, defensive much?

Please read my earlier posts and the opening original post for that matter. This has never been a question of who's "better" it's who would you rather be. "Being" a super-powered Kryptonian is passive... simply soak up rays, after which one is free to use the power anyway they so choose.

Jedi light and dark are not afforded that luxury. They have to spend their lives training, meditating, or commiting dark acts to feed their darkside. The posters wanting to be Jedi forget that powers need to be developed assuming they'll be afforded great power to be abused at their leisure which is inconsistent with what it means to be a Force user.

Next time, try not to assume so much, you know what that does....

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:37 AM
Demas is currently offline Click here to Send Demas a Private Message Find more posts by Demas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xkalybr
The Sword of Power!

Not defensive at all. Funny you interpret it that way. smile

Especially since I don't know who you are. Just answering what I saw. Besides, there are many pages of posts and probably just missed what you had written or forgotten.

I'll try not to assume, if you choose not to assume as well, because you know what that does... wink

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 04:27 PM
GODOFALL1

Yeah, it makes and ASS out of U and UMPTION. LOLOL

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 06:07 PM
GODOFALL1 is currently offline Click here to Send GODOFALL1 a Private Message Find more posts by GODOFALL1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

I've jussst thought! I voted Jedi and yeah, they're way cool, but I'd rather be Supes and win birds easy than a Jedi and die a virgin! I could get rich as the 1st Male Alien Whore on Earth!

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 05:54 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

If you think about it, Superman would never be able to take on a group of fully trained Jedi. Anyone like Yoda, Mace Windu, or Darth Vader (I know, he's a Sith) could kick Superman's ass.

That just holds no water and is unbalaced. We could say the same thing about yoda facing 4 members of the JLA. No way with all his Jedi mastery and skills he could face the entire league. And if yoda can't do it neither Mace, Darth, or Obi could.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 06:20 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

(What can I say, too funny to reply)

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 07:33 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Ok, seriously. There is no possible way that a Jedi could beat Superman. Its just not possible. Nothing they could do to Supes would even be able to hurt him.

As I said, the best they could do is stop Supes from moving with the force...and then what? Hit him with lightsabers? They wouldn't to anything to Superman at all. No way a Lightsaber could get through Supermans Bio-field. Not even close. And eventually they would tire of holding him still and then Supes would get free and dispose of them as he pleased.

I cant believe that this thread has stayed alive for so long...

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 10:29 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

only way a jedi could beat supes is if he let em....and that would take them throwing(which has been done in sw eu) a red star at him.....well proabbly any star other than a yellow one...lol....and if you include superman prime I dont think that would even work....LMAO!

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 10:12 AM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Well I'm not including Star Wars EU cause I think its retarted.

The real Jedi in the movies could do nothing other then hold him still for a few min at best. Maybe throw him into stuff, but thats not gonna do anything. Nor our thier lightsabers.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 10:23 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

I think we should make lex luthor a sith...LOL...he could use midichlorians to create a live superjedi! (with a little genetic kryptonian dna enhancing)Then we could have a battle!

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 11:58 AM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

lol what is he gonna do create darth bizarro?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 07:31 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote