KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Silver Surfer Respect Thread (everyone else is doing one)

Silver Surfer Respect Thread (everyone else is doing one)
Started by: HigH ScholaR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Yea Norrin can bleed contrary to what alot of people think about him.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 09:00 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Yeah, but I thought his blood would be, you know, silver.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 09:04 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

One of the things I always liked about the Surfer was that he doesnt fly in classic superhero/Superman pose, ie, stretched out horizontally. Do you know how hard that can be on the neck muscles? Also, because he has a board, SS can just hang out, play solitaire, read a book, grab a lass and do the deed, etc etc.

Another pic. I live in NYC, and I thought that was him going by. Crazy me, at first I thought it might be a bird or a plane...

Attachment: ss1.jpg
This has been downloaded 844 time(s).

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 09:09 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

New York looks like some uber-science metropolis in that pic...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 09:11 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

can someone post scans from each artist for us to judge

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 11:20 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

ss bleeding re looks silly, but i thought he bleed light

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 11:22 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

In flying the Silver Surfer usually makes use of an object known on Earth as his "surfboard," due to its resemblance to Earth objects of that name. The Surfer's "surfboard" is a construct of unknown materials created by the vast cosmic energies of his former master, Galactus. The board is covered with the same silvery glaze that the Surfer's body is covered with, making it impervious to virtually all forms of physical damage. Few forces short of the cosmic power of Galactus could affect it at all. Even when the board was destroyed, the Surfer was able to reconstruct it easily.

The surfboard is psionically linked in an unknown way with the Surfer's mind. Apparently only a being possessing the Surfer's cosmic powers can cause the surfboard to fly, and it is controlled mentally by him. The surfboard apparently taps ambient cosmic energy in much the same way that the Surfer himself does. Although the Surfer could conceivably utilize his cosmic power to fly without it, the surfboard enables him to fly without the expenditure of any of his own energy.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 08:42 PM
HigH ScholaR

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 08:44 PM
HigH ScholaR

Silver surfer, Beta ray bill and Gladiator battle tyrant

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Origina.../SS_82_pg24.jpg

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 08:46 PM
HigH ScholaR

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 08:47 PM
HigH ScholaR

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 08:48 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Surfer hanging helplessly off a rooftop.

Now would be a good time to fly.

Attachment: not flying again 001.jpg
This has been downloaded 867 time(s).

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 08:53 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Floating helpless in space without his board.

Attachment: surfer not flying once again.jpg
This has been downloaded 814 time(s).

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 08:55 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Same thing.................

Attachment: surfer not flying.jpg
This has been downloaded 773 time(s).

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 08:55 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Power Cosmic helpless before the Power of Bad Writing. Unless we go with my second theory in the Can Surfer Fly w/o His Board thread: Galactus made him this way to keep him from gettin too powerful. Even so, it's a stretch, like Thor fighting Hulk and not using all his powers/hammer to win.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 02:06 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Snoop doesn't seem to understand that fact.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 03:34 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sentry
Snoop doesn't seem to understand that fact.

He understand it and points it out smile

very clearly - Surfer can fly without his board, I've seen it but as I remember it tired him greatly.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 03:37 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I think I have a new favorite Silver Surfer pic...

http://www.sailorgalleries.com/dd/w...versurfer01.jpg

If he didnt have pupils here, it would be perfect.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 01:45 AM
HigH ScholaR

yep its pretty good i had that as my first avatar

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 08:53 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
Power Cosmic helpless before the Power of Bad Writing. Unless we go with my second theory in the Can Surfer Fly w/o His Board thread: Galactus made him this way to keep him from gettin too powerful. Even so, it's a stretch, like Thor fighting Hulk and not using all his powers/hammer to win.
Why would you call that bad writing? I showed 3 scans of him not flying without his board and one he even says that he cannot do it. I know there is more cases where he didnt fly either but I cannot recall them.

You havnt showed any proof of him flying without his board other than your own theories. Even if you can find proof why couldnt that be called bad writing if he only did it one time and I showed 3 times where he did not.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 05:13 PM