KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Dan Jurgens says Thor is stronger/more powerful than Superman

Dan Jurgens says Thor is stronger/more powerful than Superman
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

Re: Dan Jurgens says Thor is stronger/more powerful than Superman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
On the CBRF chat every week they have a special guest, today was Dan Jurgens.

ONION HOE: In your opinion Dan who is more powerful , Superman or Thor ?
Jencomx3: ********WELCOME TO THE DAN JURGANS SUPERMAN CHAT*********
Dan Jurgens: ONION: It's a toss-up, but probably Thor.

ok sure

but...

DarkCrawler >>> Your Favorite Sig-Maker

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 12:20 PM
#16 is currently offline Click here to Send #16 a Private Message Find more posts by #16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snoopdogg
They hardly come more powerful than Imperiex, Darkseid, Eradiacator, Cyborg, and even Brainiac.

I know Thor has some also but I would say its a tie.

Indeed ..... Galactus, Thanos, Sutur, Destroyer, Mangog....

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 02:07 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

.......Odin since they have fought before. Ymir, Ego.

Thor has one of the best rogue gallery around.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 02:09 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by olympian
"dan jurgens also said the only reason thor would win is because of his magic... but superman is still hundreds (yes he said hundreds at least) of times physically stronger than thor."

That excuse of " hes magic " doesnt work. Doesnt Superman needs to be powered by solar energy also?

And physically stronger than Thor by a hundred times?

He certainly didnt looked like in theyr fight.

I got two words for you mate ..... Mutual Compensation. I.E. Marvel agreed to let Thor loose, as long as he didn't look bad. smile

Did he really say hundreds of times stronger ? smile

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 02:13 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

.......Odin since they have fought before. Ymir, Ego.

Thor has one of the best rogue gallery around.

.... Juggernaught, The original Doomsday (Hulk), Hercules (Male Wonder Woman) Indeed. Thats why i gave him the nod smile

Although i don't really rate Yimir. smile

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 02:15 PM
olympian

"I got two words for you mate ..... Mutual Compensation. I.E. Marvel agreed to let Thor loose, as long as he didn't look bad"

How could he look "bad" if hes not overall weaker than the opponent? Supes has the edge at some, Thor has the edge of some. How you decide who is hundred if times stronger if none of the two is.

".... Juggernaught, The original Doomsday (Hulk), Hercules (Male Wonder Woman) Indeed. Thats why i gave him the nod "

Although i don't really rate Yimir"

I do, hes a huge treath, like Surtur.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 02:16 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I got two words for you mate ..... Mutual Compensation. I.E. Marvel agreed to let Thor loose, as long as he didn't look bad"

How could he look "bad" if hes not overall weaker than the opponent? Supes has the edge at some, Thor has the edge of some. How you decide who is hundred if times stronger if none of the two is.

".... Juggernaught, The original Doomsday (Hulk), Hercules (Male Wonder Woman) Indeed. Thats why i gave him the nod "

Although i don't really rate Yimir"

I do, hes a huge treath, like Surtur.

Its like Benfica vs a lower league team in a charity match .... To ensure that Benfica wins they can cum to a mutual with the other team, but the agreement means that Benfica will make he other team look good, E.G. let them score a few goals smile

Sutur has immense cosmic and magical abilities, where as Ymir's power is in his strength and size. smile

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 02:26 PM
olympian

" Its like Benfica vs a lower league team in a charity match .... To ensure that Benfica wins they can cum to a mutual with the other team, but the agreement means that Benfica will make he other team look good, E.G. let them score a few goals "

Your analogy is bad, since Superman doesnt correspond to a lower league team.

You are underrating him yahman.

"Sutur has immense cosmic and magical abilities, where as Ymir's power is in his strength and size"

Wich doesnt make him any easier to beat. Ymir was the beast, Odin and his brothers had to overcome to become the new rulers. Ala zeus and co with the Titans.

Last edited by olympian on Sep 24th, 2005 at 02:46 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 02:37 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

" Its like Benfica vs a lower league team in a charity match .... To ensure that Benfica wins they can cum to a mutual with the other team, but the agreement means that Benfica will make he other team look good, E.G. let them score a few goals "

Your analogy is bad, since Superman doesnt correspond to a lower league team.

You are underrating him yahman.

"Sutur has immense cosmic and magical abilities, where as Ymir's power is in his strength and size"

Wich doesnt make him any easier to beat. Ymir was the beast, Odin and his brothers had to overcome to become the new rulers. Ala zeus and co with the Titans.

"Your analogy is bad, since Superman doesnt correspond to a lower league team. "

But Thor does .... It explains why he made such a good show when he is 100's of times weaker. smile

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 02:58 PM
olympian

Hater. Your evil knows no bounds.

Dont you know he always takes spinach before figthing?

Even so that only makes him 50 times weaker.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 03:17 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hater. Your evil knows no bounds.

Dont you know he always takes spinach before figthing?

Even so that only makes him 50 times weaker.

100 x weaker doesn't really mean alot in comics. This is not as stupid as it might seem. I mean Aqua man could potentially be 100 x weaker than Superman yet he will still give him a good show. Karnak is at least 100 x weaker than the Thing, and yet he can hurt him, using his skills, the same applies to wolverine and Spider man. Thor went up against Eighth Day Juggernaut (who was a 100 x stronger than he normally was) and although he was beaten, the fight still lasted a while. I doubt that Superman is 100's of times stronger than Thor, yet i do think he is considerably stronger. I still think Thor would win. smile

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 03:30 PM
Maestro

You also forgot the celestials,mephisto,hela and the Elder gods.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 04:13 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Yup, Thor is more powerful, but Superman's a bit stronger. Not by a lot though as some people think.

Like I said before

Busiek = Retard

Dan Jurgens = Smart

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 03:57 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sentry
Yup, Thor is more powerful, but Superman's a bit stronger. Not by a lot though as some people think.

Like I said before

Busiek = Retard

Dan Jurgens = Smart

"Thorbuster Punch"

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 03:59 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Superman's own writer said it. Happy Dance so it must be canon. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 04:10 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sentry
Superman's own writer said it. Happy Dance so it must be canon. stick out tongue

"Thorbuster Punch"

Busiek and Jurgens have both written both in some form or another smile

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 04:15 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

that'll teach him not to go the wrong way down a one way street!

(please log in to view the image)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 04:17 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scoobless
that'll teach him not to go the wrong way down a one way street!

(please log in to view the image)

laughing out loud

I still prefer the genuine pick smile

you know dials to 11 etc

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 04:20 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

What a crossing guard Thor would make - no high speed chases or superhuman brawls, tying things up when he's on duty! laughing

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 04:44 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smaxxer

This is turning in a vs-thread...

and who cares who is stronger ? Superman is cool, Thor is cooler. End of story.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 04:55 PM
Smaxxer is currently offline Click here to Send Smaxxer a Private Message Find more posts by Smaxxer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote