KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Dan Jurgens says Thor is stronger/more powerful than Superman

Dan Jurgens says Thor is stronger/more powerful than Superman
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Jurgens later explain that the 100x stronger thing is a matter of sacarsm.
He stated that Thor without Mjolnir vs Superman would be a 5/10 or maybe a 6/10 both ways. Superman stronger.... Superman is always shown weight lifting in his books. Thor does not do much weight lifting as Superman but fights opponent who are said to be stronger than Superman... Thanos, Gladiator (known to rip stars and all), Thor lifts when he need to e.g The Midgard Serpent (weight of earth itself), Twilight Sword (mass of white dwarf star)

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 03:50 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

Superman hate threads. smile roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Made by DW

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 04:26 AM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by joesha28
Jurgens later explain that the 100x stronger thing is a matter of sacarsm.
He stated that Thor without Mjolnir vs Superman would be a 5/10 or maybe a 6/10 both ways. Superman stronger.... Superman is always shown weight lifting in his books. Thor does not do much weight lifting as Superman but fights opponent who are said to be stronger than Superman... Thanos, Gladiator (known to rip stars and all), Thor lifts when he need to e.g The Midgard Serpent (weight of earth itself), Twilight Sword (mass of white dwarf star)

Its amazing how anyone can make any scenario argue in favour of their point, even if it clearly contradicts it .....

"Superman stronger.... Superman is always shown weight lifting in his books. Thor does not do much weight lifting as Superman "

confused

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 07:48 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smaxxer
This is turning in a vs-thread...

and who cares who is stronger ? Superman is cool, Thor is cooler. End of story.

'and who cares who is stronger ? '

I do

"Superman is cool, Thor is cooler. End of story. "

I disagree.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 07:49 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by dvampire
Superman hate threads. smile roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

How can it be hate when it's the truth?

When Whirly posted JLA/Avengers canon thing was that a hate thread to? This thread is merely stating a fact. If you were here for that thread, then you you'd probably understand.

Hate thread? Pfffttt.. In your eyes only. stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 08:02 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

I could agree that Thor is more outwardly powerful in most circumstances, as he's more versatile with his power... Superman is no slouch though, he can cover the whole planet with heat vision and melt it down, or punch in twain...and as has been seen, Thor's outwards power and/or versatility didn't help him at all in the fight against Superman.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 08:42 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Especially since he didnt used said versability.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 09:02 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by olympian
Especially since he didnt used said versability.
He didnt?

He tried using the hammer but failed.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 09:58 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Using the hammer as a blunt wapon, isent "versability"

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 10:01 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Using the hammer has a blunt wapon, isent "versability"
Oh ok.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 10:02 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Originally posted by yahman
Its amazing how anyone can make any scenario argue in favour of their point, even if it clearly contradicts it .....

"Superman stronger.... Superman is always shown weight lifting in his books. Thor does not do much weight lifting as Superman "

confused

Ok maybe i typed wrongly. I was suppose to say that Superman is seen as stronger because Superman is always shown weight lifting in his books. Thor does not do much weight lifting as Superman....

My point is by lifting weights does not mean that Superman is stronger.

cool

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 02:37 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Check out the Mighty Thor Respek thread dude. You will know what i mean, by saying Thor has vast strength and power wink

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 03:05 AM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by joesha28
Ok maybe i typed wrongly. I was suppose to say that Superman is seen as stronger because Superman is always shown weight lifting in his books. Thor does not do much weight lifting as Superman....

My point is by lifting weights does not mean that Superman is stronger.

cool

Yes that certainly proves your point laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 01:17 PM
olympian

Both have them.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 01:18 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Both have them.

Your just unhappy cos Benfica lost to United. big grin

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 01:20 PM
olympian

Im mad not unhappy. You always fail to see the obvious.

wink

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 01:54 PM
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Ole to Benitez!!!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 02:49 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

lol at the forum Dan Jurgens never said that as a matter of fact, here is PART of the interview

"RC: What do you think of the idea of Superman defeating Thor, which we recently saw in JLA/Avengers?

DAN JURGENS: No . . . not even possible. Even if you bring back Thor to his basic self, the Thor of issue one of my run, he would beat Superman.

RC: Why’s that?

DAN JURGENS: Magic.

RC: The "magic weakness" idea for Superman?

DAN JURGENS: Yep.

RC: In the books these days, the "magic weakness" is almost never there.

DAN JURGENS: I know. I know. Straight up? Superman is more powerful, but because of the magic weakness . . . but because of the magic component, Thor wins.

RC: In your opinion, is Superman is a lot more powerful than Thor?

DAN JURGENS: Yeah.

RC: Wow. When you worked on DC Vs. Marvel and pitted Quicksilver against Flash, you guys had boosted Quicksilver up to the speed of sound while Flash was running at multiples of the speed of light or whatever . . . would you say that Superman is as many times more powerful than Thor or the Hulk as Flash is as many times faster than Quicksilver?

DAN JURGENS: Yes.

RC: Wouldn’t that make Superman, like, millions of times more powerful than Thor?

DAN JURGENS: Yes.

Editor's Note: Since publishing of the interview, Dan Jurgens has further expanded on his answer, contradicting the transcript of the interview. ComicBoards has listened to the tape and finds no indication of humor, sarcasm, irony or sardonic whit in Jurgens' statements or Richard Caponetti's questions. While we can't know what Mr. Jurgens was thinking, or if he silently laughed to himself or in a manner that could not be heard by the tape or by the interviewer, by all apperarences, Jurgens' comments here are genuine. ComicBoards stands by the interviewer in his assesments"

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 06:46 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Necropost, bad form.

Also unless the person saying this owns the rights to both characters it's kind of meaningless as anything other than another person's opinion

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 08:42 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Lol. The gap between Superman and Thor being the same as the gap between Flash and Quicksilver is pretty goddamn hilarious.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 05:12 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote