KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » My Terminator 3 Rant

My Terminator 3 Rant
Started by: Ocelot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

Sorry but Terminator 3 is nothing but a remake of T-2. The only difference between the two movies is that Sarah is dead and they don't prevent Judgement day. Terminator 3 was nothing more than an expensive way to give Terminator 2 an alternate ending. Terminator 3 should have been Terminator Salvation. I don't hate T-3 because other than the failed humor and pussy John connor it's actually entertaining...,for the most part, but that doesnt change the fact that it was a useless and unnecessary installment.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 11:22 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

I wish they would go back to T3 and alter some scenes etc (after listening to fans) and change it for the better. Give it a darker overrall tone. That's what I would like to happen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post May 26th, 2009 09:51 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ me too.

T3 was a really good film, it just wasn't a JC film, and you could tell watching all the way through.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 07:18 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

I wish they did a bunch of things differently in T3. I cannot explain why but it didn't have that "Terminator" feel to it, in my opinion. It felt like some B-movie rip off of Terminator...

But in a way it was different to Terminator and T2. The T-X wasn't sent back to kill Connor, as he had disappeared "off the grid". It's mission was to kill his future lieutenants, thus creating a weaker Resistance for Skynet to fight against in the future. I thought that this was a new and good idea. Shame about the execution...

I think with a better script and a different director, we could have seen a better and a totally different movie (obviously).

-U

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 08:59 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by U Neek
I wish they did a bunch of things differently in T3. I cannot explain why but it didn't have that "Terminator" feel to it, in my opinion. It felt like some B-movie rip off of Terminator...

But in a way it was different to Terminator and T2. The T-X wasn't sent back to kill Connor, as he had disappeared "off the grid". It's mission was to kill his future lieutenants, thus creating a weaker Resistance for Skynet to fight against in the future. I thought that this was a new and good idea. Shame about the execution...

I think with a better script and a different director, we could have seen a better and a totally different movie (obviously).

-U
The biggest **** up was it screwed up the original timeline the first one set, and the second one messed with.

It should've been set in 1997, and been relative to the second one with the future creating Judgement Day, as it created John Connor and Skynet.

Not this sustained Judgement Day bullshit.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 10:26 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindaHamilton32

T3 is a complete ripoff of T2
http://www.jamescamerononline.com/T3special.htm

What do you think of the link? T3 is nothing but a rehash of T2 just without the soul.T3 even has the same camera angles and shots in some instances.T3 is nothing but a parody of T2 IMO. "Talk to the Hand"? WTF was that all about lol and Arnie wearing gay sunglasses? I felt like shooting my brains out when i saw that lol.Anyway what are your thoughts. Thank you

"Despite all the action of the Terminator movies, they were actually pretty high-minded. There was really a message there about the human condition, and Terminator 3 had no regard for human life whatsoever." - Linda Hamilton on T3
Me and my good friend Linda Hamilton:
http://files.myopera.com/DieInCries...HamiltonPam.jpg

Last edited by LindaHamilton32 on Jun 26th, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 11:51 AM
LindaHamilton32 is currently offline Click here to Send LindaHamilton32 a Private Message Find more posts by LindaHamilton32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Originally posted by LindaHamilton32

What do you think of the link? T3 is nothing but a rehash of T2 just without the soul.T3 even has the same camera angles and shots in some instances.T3 is nothing but a parody of T2 IMO. "Talk to the Hand"? WTF was that all about lol and Arnie wearing gay sunglasses? I felt like shooting my brains out when i saw that lol.Anyway what are your thoughts. Thank you

I never considered the glasses as "gay".

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 01:53 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Talk to the had was kinda dumb, but the gay sunglasses I just thought was funny. It was like even a robot from the future wouldn't wear those.

It actually makes more sense for him to wear them in this film than in T2. In T2 he stole the glasses of the guy who was about to shoot him. In this film he stole someone's clothes and the sunglasses were in his jacket pocket. Of course instinct was to put them on, and he was like **** that shit and got some good ones out.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 10:42 PM
LindaHamilton32

Thanks for your responses guys.When i say T3 is a rip-off of T2,Im not judging wheter its good or bad, that was intentional from the producers since T2 was such a well acclaimed hit, so they wanted more of that.Even Vajna and Kassar admiteed to it, saying they wanted to recreate their glorious hit.I always felt t3's greatest weakness was that it played way too much homage to T2 when it could have been a great film on it's own. I actually enjoyed it for what it is. The only thing that kills it is the overload of humor.Plus no Linda Hamilton. I really missed her in T3.I would have loved to have seen her go out in a blaze of glory in T3 rather than being killed of with cancer which i thought was kind of weak for such an iconic character. She should have been the one holding those blast doors open for John ands Kate.Anyway thanks again

"Despite all the action of the Terminator movies, they were actually pretty high-minded. There was really a message there about the human condition, and Terminator 3 had no regard for human life whatsoever." - Linda Hamilton on T3

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 09:37 AM
LindaHamilton32 is currently offline Click here to Send LindaHamilton32 a Private Message Find more posts by LindaHamilton32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

I always thought it would of been best for Sarah to sacrifice herself for John. I would of preferred that to happen in T3 rather the mention of her death by cancer. They could of had Sarah at the cemetery or something and she would be there waiting for John, telling what he has to do etc. When the swat team show up she could of stalled them and died that way - OR - John, Kate and the Terminator could be running away from the swat team to get to a car and Sarah is shot by the T-X and the gang turn round and noticed it's Scott who fired at Sarah.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 10:50 AM
LindaHamilton32

Thanks barand1 for your reply.Linda Hamilton read the script for T3 and said it was "souless" and did not take Sarah Connor in any new directions, and that she dies half way through the movie.She felt the arc was too similar to T2.I am friends with her twin sister Leslie Hamilton.Linda would have brought legitimacy to what is mostly a mediocre movie IMO. I like your ideas for her death.Sarah would definitely have went out fighting. She was so badass lol.I see her being killed in the cemetary scene(where she stashed a cache of weapons just in case)by the swat team.

Last edited by LindaHamilton32 on Jun 27th, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 11:06 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Her sacraficing herself for John would've been perfect. Remember in T2?

"Don't ever do that again! You're way too important and shouldn't worry about me. I can look after myself."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 07:56 PM
barand1

Thanks barand1 for your reply.Linda Hamilton read the script for T3 and said it was "souless" and did not take Sarah Connor in any new directions, and that she dies half way through the movie.She felt the arc was too similar to T2.I am friends with her twin sister Leslie Hamilton.Linda would have brought legitimacy to what is mostly a mediocre movie IMO. I like your ideas for her death.Sarah would definitely have went out fighting. She was so badass lol.I see her being killed in the cemetary scene(where she stashed a cache of weapons just in case)by the swat team.

Glad you liked my ideas. It would of gave the movie such an emotional impact if done right. I don't see why they can't go back and please fans and add new footage to T3 and fill it out more. If I had the money I would like to do that.

Thanks for the PM LindaHamilton32 stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 06:45 PM
LindaHamilton32

Originally posted by barand1
Glad you liked my ideas. It would of gave the movie such an emotional impact if done right. I don't see why they can't go back and please fans and add new footage to T3 and fill it out more. If I had the money I would like to do that.

Thanks for the PM LindaHamilton32 stick out tongue

You are very welcome. How would you have had Sarah in T3? Although she had a big evolution from T1 to T2, I wouldn't have her changed much from T2 to T3.Although Judgement Day in 1997 came and went, she would still be this paranoid, hardened character. The only change would be that she is a bit older like 40 or something.Perhaps a little more relaxed but still tough as nails when need be. In my T3, i would have John and Sarah still on the run from authorities after the assualt on Cyberdyne in T2.They would be living with fake identities in LA.What do you think?Thanks

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 11:33 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would have Sarah to be this quiet person. I would imagine John to be more optimistic and positive, and Sarah to be very quiet, like she knows it aint over.

John wouldn't be an idiot per se, just more easy going than Sarah. But as soon as they see a Terminator, John would know something's going on.

I'm not that sure about the cast of Terminators. You have to have Arnie, but T-X I was unsure about. It just didn't work, story wise.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 11:02 PM
LindaHamilton32

Originally posted by lord xyz
I would have Sarah to be this quiet person. I would imagine John to be more optimistic and positive, and Sarah to be very quiet, like she knows it aint over.

John wouldn't be an idiot per se, just more easy going than Sarah. But as soon as they see a Terminator, John would know something's going on.

I'm not that sure about the cast of Terminators. You have to have Arnie, but T-X I was unsure about. It just didn't work, story wise.

Thank you for your reply.Yeah i wasn't really a fan of the TX.She just wasn't threatening IMO.Saying that though i do like T3, just not Kristanna Loken so much.For T3 i would have loved two Arnies. Imagine Arnie vs Arnie.It would have been epic and different and T3 would'nt feel so much of a rehash of T2.

I like your ideas for Sarah.I agree that despite Judgment Day not happening, she would still be this edgy paranoid woman while John is more relaxed and thinks they prevented the war and is trying to live a normal life in LA.Then an Arnie model T-800 tries to kill him and he is saved by the other Arnie Terminator.Then Sarah and John find out that their attack on Cyberdyne didn't stop JD they just postponed it.What are your thoughts?Thanks again

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 09:21 AM
barand1

I would of had Sarah as the same focused woman she was in T2 but have her bound in a house somewhere no thanks to some sort of illness. Instead of the T-850 taking John and Kate to the cemetery it would take them to where Sarah is hiding. This would be a really emotional scene as Sarah tells John that he has to stop Skynet on his own as she would only stall them.

The doorbell goes and there is a sense of panic. The T-850 answers the door and there stands a postman. The T-850 notices a dead postman dead across the road and realises that the T-X has followed them. The T-X grabs the T-850 and throws him behind her. Sarah fires a shot gun at the T-X's head as it's hand transform into a pistol of some sort. Sarah orders John and Kate to run out the back, the T-X fires, but misses and shoots Sarah who continues to fire rounds. Sarah with her last ounce of strength fires her last two shots into a stack of oil barrels she's been keeping incase something like this happened, and the house blows up with Sarah and the T-X inside.

John, Kate and the T-850 escape the scene in a car (still Kate's pet thingy) and the T-X emerges from the explosion's flames and fires at the vehicle, damaging it slightly. The car is too far now and the T-X heads to CRS.

Last edited by barand1 on Jul 3rd, 2009 at 09:35 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 09:30 AM
LindaHamilton32

I would of had Sarah as the same focused woman she was in T2 but have her bound in a house somewhere no thanks to some sort of illness. Instead of the T-850 taking John and Kate to the cemetery it would take them to where Sarah is hiding. This would be a really emotional scene as Sarah tells John that he has to stop Skynet on his own as she would only stall them.

The doorbell goes and there is a sense of panic. The T-850 answers the door and there stands a postman. The T-850 notices a dead postman dead across the road and realises that the T-X has followed them. The T-X grabs the T-850 and throws him behind her. Sarah fires a shot gun at the T-X's head as it's hand transform into a pistol of some sort. Sarah orders John and Kate to run out the back, the T-X fires, but misses and shoots Sarah who continues to fire rounds. Sarah with her last ounce of strength fires her last two shots into a stack of oil barrels she's been keeping incase something like this happened, and the house blows up with Sarah and the T-X inside.

John, Kate and the T-850 escape the scene in a car (still Kate's pet thingy) and the T-X emerges from the explosion's flames and fires at the vehicle, damaging it slightly. The car is too far now and the T-X heads to CRS.

Thanks for your reply Barand. Wow love your ideas. I can really picture that scene in my head.Love the idea that Sarah is housebound with some sort of illness. I can really see that in T3.Plus you gave her a great death.Sacrificing herself for John and going out in a blaze of glory.Perfection. I would have loved to have seen that in T3.I agree that the scene would have been very emotional and brought a lot of heart to the film.What can i say other than great.Perhaps she was battling with cancer?I am sure Linda Hamilton would have loved this too for her character. I am good friends with her. Once i am more well known i will be allowed to post a pic as i have a pic of me and Linda Hamilton together. Anyway thanks again.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 10:21 AM
barand1

Thanks for your positive feedback LindaHamilton32.
My idea just seemed to fall into place after considering where such scene could have fitted in to T3 as we know it. I couldn’t think of any other way to have Sarah in the film other than have her housebound. If she wasn’t then the second half of the movie would more or less be the same as T2. Having Sarah housebound adds a unique depth and twist. Here would be a woman who wanted to guard her son all her life, but due to illness (could well be cancer) she is restricted. The frustration this causes Sarah to have would be interesting to see. The emotion on John’s face as he witnesses his mother still trying to fight, but can no longer fight the same battle, only one of her own would be upsetting to see. This fits nicely to the John we see in T3.

Having Sarah sacrifice herself would be the only way to go I think. After all, she’s already at death’s door. Not only that I thought it kind of resembled what we see throughout the Terminator movies; the sacrifice of others to help those who must be protected.

When the T-X emerges from the flames I thought of the T-100 walking out of the flames after the truck it was driving blows up. Maybe the T-X could have run out the house giving it that more menacing feel.

Not only do I think this scene would have had an big emotional impact it would have bonded John and Kate later on in the movie as after the death of both their parents they now only have each other, making the sense of all things lost even greater for them.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 11:28 AM
LindaHamilton32

Thanks for your positive feedback LindaHamilton32.
My idea just seemed to fall into place after considering where such scene could have fitted in to T3 as we know it. I couldn’t think of any other way to have Sarah in the film other than have her housebound. If she wasn’t then the second half of the movie would more or less be the same as T2. Having Sarah housebound adds a unique depth and twist. Here would be a woman who wanted to guard her son all her life, but due to illness (could well be cancer) she is restricted. The frustration this causes Sarah to have would be interesting to see. The emotion on John’s face as he witnesses his mother still trying to fight, but can no longer fight the same battle, only one of her own would be upsetting to see. This fits nicely to the John we see in T3.

Having Sarah sacrifice herself would be the only way to go I think. After all, she’s already at death’s door. Not only that I thought it kind of resembled what we see throughout the Terminator movies; the sacrifice of others to help those who must be protected.

When the T-X emerges from the flames I thought of the T-100 walking out of the flames after the truck it was driving blows up. Maybe the T-X could have run out the house giving it that more menacing feel.

Not only do I think this scene would have had an big emotional impact it would have bonded John and Kate later on in the movie as after the death of both their parents they now only have each other, making the sense of all things lost even greater for them.

You are more than welcome Barand1.Thanks for your response. Agree with everything you said.Your Sarah scenes fit perfectly in T3 and i am sure that if this was actually in the script, then Linda Hamilton would have returned.Having her housebound and ill would be a different direction for her character and it would not feel like a rehash of T2.It just fits into the T3 we know.In my opinion, T3 would have been so much better with this scene and with Linda Hamilton. She would've brought more legitimacy to what is mostly a mediocre movie. I felt what was missing in T3 was the heart and soul that T2 had. And i think your ideas would definitely have added that.Thank you for sharing your great ideas for Sarah Connor in T3.Just brilliant

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 11:53 AM