KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Real lightsaber, I made one

Real lightsaber, I made one
Started by: Lightsaber

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I make toy lightsabers all the time. Its not to hard really. But real, well, the gov. would kill him and take the design in a moments notice.

Hey, in Tru_Slice, just think about the poor Norwegians paying over 7 bucks a gallon.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 05:15 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsaber

Hello all,

I did make one, though it cannot cut through things like a lazer can. Just wait until I get the vidoe clip on or pics. Then you'll be amazed.

My system works with gas no lazers.

A real lazer lightsaber could theoretically be made however. You have a rod, or blade that acends up out of the base handle and on top of it you have point with multiple mirrors on the inside that would reflect the lazer beam back down and up again in a continuos pattern. This would stop the beam from going off into space and it would rebound it back and forth continuously. The only problem, is that the technology needed to create a powerful lazer that can be harnessed in a small hand sword, is not here yet, as far as I know. you would have to connect the sword to a large lazer and then it would not be portable. It would have to be a powerful lazer.

Anyways I am still trying to get the mpeg file off my multi device so i can put it on this site for you guys. I just thought many here would appreciate making an actual lightsaber.

Bye for now, you are going to be surprised.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 01:50 PM
Click here to Send Lightsaber a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsaber

Does this forum take pics that are not mpeg files, I think the format that I have is ASP, or ASF?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 03:31 PM
Click here to Send Lightsaber a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Star Wars is real. thumb up

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 05:32 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orestes

Lightsaber? That's nothing. I made a starship! Check it out:

Attachment: falcon4.jpg
This has been downloaded 308 time(s).

"he could......if he needed too....hed juss make up lies about how one was talkin smack bout the other and then they would fight, and after they foughtit out....he would suck the other weakened one into a blackhole." - King KAN explaining how Batman could defeat Thanos and Galactus

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 05:39 PM
Click here to Send Orestes a Private Message Find more posts by Orestes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orestes

You can just barely see them, but that's Todd and Jenny there alongside me in the TIE fighters they made. We went out cruising the galaxy just last night, in fact, but this picture's actually from a week ago.

"he could......if he needed too....hed juss make up lies about how one was talkin smack bout the other and then they would fight, and after they foughtit out....he would suck the other weakened one into a blackhole." - King KAN explaining how Batman could defeat Thanos and Galactus

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 05:40 PM
Click here to Send Orestes a Private Message Find more posts by Orestes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

OMG!WTF! GIVE ME THE TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION FOR MAKING THE BEAM, Lightsaber seniore!!! I WANT TO MAKE IT TOO!!!

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 05:44 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsaber

heres a neat thing guys, it is a picture of a guy shooting a laser into the sky. A real laser.

type in at the top address of your page after the http colin double slash things

then type in webpages.

then type in charter.net

then type in /kegbot/

then type in images/

then type in Fog_n_laser1

then type in .jpg

then you should be able to get there

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 07:11 PM
overlord
OD'd

what a surprise its nothing!

So were are the technical aspects of the beam?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 07:17 PM
Lightsaber

Overlord,

I will tell you how I made it, but first I want to try and get the files off my multi device and get them to my Mac computer. I have to find a PC computer first. I will tell how i made it, hang on. I am not making this up.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 07:45 PM
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Real lightsaber, I made one

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lightsaber
Hello all,

I actually made a smaller scale lightsaber that works. Has anyone else done this here. the heat of it is about 3000 degrees. It is neat. I want to post video or pics, I hope to , but I only have a mac and my picture device works on a PC. I showed to some people at a comic convention this summer, they were amazed. i am trying to make a fullscale one. The internal device is giving me problems.

[email protected]

What kindof energy did you use?

A friend of mine said you could use clean neuro-electric energy, but I only thing it's possible if you were to compress nuclear fusion in a dense setting, however, you would need alot of magnetic force to keep the light of the fusion under gravity to make it reach a peak and not just ignite like a laser, also how'd you be able to compress that much energy into a fixed handle is anybody's guess..

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Spelljammer a Private Message Find more posts by Spelljammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsaber

Overlord,

The web site I gave is not the lightsaber, it is just a neat site I found where a man makes lasers. This one he apparently shot off into a fog night sky

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 07:48 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I made a lightsaber once.

But this bastard named George Lucas stole it and used in a movie.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 07:56 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

What I find the most surprising is that nobody's taken the name "Lightsaber" yet.

When you've told me how to make one... I might consider believing you. Oh, and shown me the video of it cutting something.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 08:07 PM
Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Trickster
What I find the most surprising is that nobody's taken the name "Lightsaber" yet.

When you've told me how to make one... I might consider believing you. Oh, and shown me the video of it cutting something.

I'm prone to find it unbelievable, he said himself "3000degrees". At such a farreinheit even getting near the thing could cause second degree bunrs, he'd have to be wearing special combat gear just to avoid ceartain injury. Besides, if he were devising such weaponry I'm sure we would be hearing about him right now as a terror suspect and the goverment confiscating it..

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 08:10 PM
Click here to Send Spelljammer a Private Message Find more posts by Spelljammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Spelljammer
I'm prone to find it unbelievable, he said himself "3000degrees". At such a farreinheit even getting near the thing could cause second degree bunrs, he'd have to be wearing special combat gear just to avoid ceartain injury. Besides, if he were devising such weaponry I'm sure we would be hearing about him right now as a terror suspect and the goverment confiscating it..
More than likely, and I doubt anyone with the funding to not only just make the beam, but to actually build a place and suit that will protect him from harm. I've pu my hand over my 800 degree stove and needed to rinse my hand under cold water for hours.

Especially if he lives in a western society, he'd be arrested for conspiracy against the government.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 12:09 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orestes

Originally posted by Spelljammer

Nah. Not unless he also has an oil well in his backyard. wink

But they might hire him. In fact, they probably would.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 07:52 AM
CobbleR
Kielbasa Sausage

I think you guys are way too harsh on these kids. Although I do agree that a real lightsaber is near impossible, you should take it easy on these guys. My computer is acting up so I might not be around very much until I get it fixed. I would really like to know what attracts these people here, I mean there are a lot of forums about Star Wars but yet they pick this one to lie about how they built a lightsaber. Maybe someone could explain why because I can't figure it out.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 10:01 AM
Click here to Send CobbleR a Private Message Find more posts by CobbleR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

I post here, what other reasons could you need?

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 10:02 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by Tangible God
I made a lightsaber once.

But this bastard named George Lucas stole it and used in a movie.

TOO BAD!
stick out tongue

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 10:30 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote