KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Lady Snowblood

Lady Snowblood
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Lady Snowblood

I felt absolutely COMPELLED to get more people to see this film, "Lady Snowblood". In the wake of "Kill Bill" and its Box Office success, it's only fair that fans of that franchise pay their respects to its cinematic springboard.

"Lady Snowblood" follows Yuki Kashima, a young girl that was bred strictly to avenge the deaths of her family, and the rape and torture of her mother at the hands of 4 criminals in the late 1890's. Yuki literally slices and dices her way through these criminals, to her final showdown with a man from her past. Sound familiar now? How about a little visual stimulation?

(please log in to view the image)

It's easily one of the best revenge films I've ever seen. A very stylish, film, loaded with that 70's "paint gore" a la "Suspiria", and a total Toho Film gem. It's a very satisfying movie with substance, backstory, and the AnimEgo DVD release goes as far as to chronicle the feudal history of the time periods, taking us up through Yuki's history, and how she herself came to be!

It comes highly recommended, and while I got it for free, I would have gladly paid $20 for this, a totally underrated, and almost virtually unheard of inspiration to one of today's most prolific filmmakers.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 06:19 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

What's a revenge movie without Michael madsen?

not a very good one..
laughing out loud I was just kidding.
But with your reccomendation, I'm ordering it from DVDEmpire.com Right now. I was looking for something to choose. wink

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 02:14 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have it in a three film pack of Tarantino influences that came out here in the UK, I really enjoyed the film also.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 02:44 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
feral cat

"Lady Snowblood: Blizzard from the Netherworld" is a great film, the sequel "Love song of vengeance" is very good as well.

If you like Lady Snowblood you should check out Sex and Fury ... which came out the same year in Japan, but was made by Toei

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 03:05 AM
feral cat is currently offline Click here to Send feral cat a Private Message Find more posts by feral cat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

I've known of the film for ages now and have been really eager to see it for the reason being a Tarantino inspiration and just a jap flick in general, but I always forget to get it. Next time I will. Sex and Fury also looks great!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 07:43 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote