KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter 7- Epilogue

Harry Potter 7- Epilogue
Started by: froggigirl5972

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
froggigirl5972
insane genius

Harry Potter 7- Epilogue

hey.... i was washing the car this Saturday(dont ask my darling mother made me do it) and i had a cool idea- assuming that Harry dies at the end, which i'm not sure will happen, but go with it anyways, wouldn't it be cool if there was an epilogue of Harry's funeral? so... i started writing, but dont get mad at me if it sux 'cuz i cant write to save my life. here goes...

Epilogue

The sky was getting cloudier by the second. It was going to rain.

Ron sighed and left the Entrance Hall doors. He began walking down to the edge of the lake. It only dimly occurred to him that he was retracing his footsteps of a year ago- had it really been that long since Dumbledore’s funeral? As he walked, he thought about what he had been asked to do…talk to all of these people, some he knew, some he didn’t, about…about what had happened? He couldn’t bear to think about it.

He found himself at the back of Hagrid’s hut, where Buckbeak was tethered. Ron began to bow, but Buckbeak cut him off, and nuzzled him. Ron pet Buckbeak, but couldn’t bring himself to meet the gentle beast’s gaze. His eyes seemed to ask,”Where is he? What has happened?” But Ron can’t answer- too much pain.

While he embraced Buckbeak, Ron heard footsteps behind him. He didn’t bother to look, though-they could just go away for all he cared. Then he caught a glimpse of a small, multicolored badge, on which he could barely make out the letter s. Ron had to laugh-he couldn’t help himself- it was Hermione. She had never quite given up on spew. He still didn’t want to talk to her, though.

As she approached Ron, Hermione had some doubts about talking to him. What would it be like? Would he be different? Or had they both changed after…after seeing it happen? They had both been there… both had to watch it…both had to endure excruciating pain-not pain of the body, but pain of the heart. It was one thing to lose your best friend by any means, but it was another to have to watch. And now… for him to have to speak about all of this pain, so soon after it all had happened? Hermione thought it would be more than her best friend might be able to bear.

“What do you want?” Ron asked. Hermione was surprised- she had thought he wouldn’t want to talk…with anyone. His voice was rough, but also had the tone of incredible sadness…sadness that he wanted to disguise.

“I…I wanted to see if you were all right.” Hermione said tentatively. Ron laughed a bit derisively.

“Yeah, right. It’s not like you’re all fine and dandy either. Well, now I know what Harry-” Hermione cringed a bit ”-felt like when Sirius died…” Ron’s voice trailed off.

He didn’t want to think about it anymore. It was terrible. And here was Hermione, somehow able to get him to spill out every emotion he had felt in the last two days…without saying a word.

“I don’t know why they want me to speak tomorrow- you’re the one who remembers everything, you’re the good public speaker. I prolly wont know half of the people there!!!”

“But… but you’re going to do it, right?” asked Hermione in a small voice. As soon as she said it, she seemed to regret it, but after Ron didn’t say anything-how could he? He was shocked!!- she seemed to recover. “You know, Ron… I think it’s what Harry wants you to do.”

“What d’you mean, wants? He’s gone, isn’t he? gone…” with that, Ron buried his face into Buckbeak’s feathers, because his eyes threatened to overflow…

Now it was Hermione’s turn to be shocked- Ron, crying? She had never seen him cry before- not even when Dumbledore died. But she had to do it, she had to say it…

“I know this sounds cheesy and stupid Ron, but… the ones who we love never really leave us… they’re still here, watching us, and even if he can’t be here to tell you himself… Harry would want you to speak for him.”

“How do you know? You haven’t ever lost someone before now. You’re just like the rest of them- saying, but never really meaning it.”

“Yes I have… my grandmother died right before I came to Hogwarts… maybe a year before? That was why I was so obsessed with books and reading. I had never had many friends, and once my grandmother died, I tried to drown out my sadness in books. I read day and night because it helped me forget the real world, forget everything that had happened to me. Then I met you and Harry- you know, when we fought the troll together?- and I realized what I was missing. It took a while, to be sure- and I still do like to read- but now I know, and… it really does help. That’s why you’ve got to speak at… at Harry’s funeral.” There, she’d said it. All of a sudden, everything hit her- she knew it was true now… Harry would never be back-never.

As Hermione slowly turned away and walked back up to the castle, Ron thought about what she’d said. How had she kept that a secret for so long? It wasn’t like Hermione. Maybe…maybe he should speak tomorrow…

The next day as Ron pulled back the curtains to his bed- the new headmistress(Ron couldn’t remember her name)had kindly allowed the Weasleys and the Grangers to stay at the castle for a week- it took a moment for him to remember everything that had happened. Then he realized what day it was- June 17. Harry’s funeral.

Ron sighed and got dressed. It took a while for him to decide what to wear- something nice, but appropriate-and he eventually decided on his old Hogwarts robes. It had been a while since he’d worn them, but they seemed to remind him of Harry a bit, and they were black.

He thought back to what would happen that afternoon. He had already made up his mind, but now that he had time to think of it, what would he say? Would he just talk about Harry’s life(what he knew of it, which was a considerable amount), or would he just go on and on about how he was a wonderful person and a great friend and all of that other rubbish, or would he say what he really thought? It was tempting, but would it be seen as inappropriate, and rude to Harry’s memory? What was he to do?

That morning, time behaved somewhat oddly. It seemed as if the hours were rushing past in great globs. One moment, he was walking down to the Great Hall for breakfast, the next he was back in his room, reading a book to pass the time. Before he knew it, it was 12:30- time to walk down to the lake.

There were so many chairs set up on the edge of the lake, there must have been hundreds. They were facing both the forest and the lake, with the castle at their backs. There was a long aisle splitting the chairs that led up to… an altar of sorts, a kind of podium. It was covered in flowers- white lilies, pink daisies, and yellow roses, which had always been Harry’s favorite for some odd reason. As one of the speakers, Ron had a seat near the front, along with Lupin, Mad-Eye Moody, and Tonks. Hermione, her parents, and the rest of Rons family would be seated in the rows behind him. He sat down with an unspoken sigh and waited for everyone else to arrive.

As Hermione walked down to the side of the lake, she wondered whether Ron had taken her advice. She thought she had him convinced, but maybe not…

Once everyone had arrived about 15 minutes later, the funeral began. It began with Hagrid carrying Harry’s body up to the podium, where there was a surface set aside for Harry’s body. It seemed as though this was a tradition- Hagrid had done this for Dumbledore, and now Harry. Ron suspected that he might have even done it for Harry’s parents. Although this part of the ceremony was like that of Dumbledore’s funeral, this time, Harry’s body was not draped in purple, but in a large silk sheet of many different colors. Ron thought that he could see a Gryffindor lion, a phoenix, a trophy, a ruby red stone, and Ron thought he might see a bit of something that looked suspiciously like a mountain troll…he had a slight suspicion that the silk quilt had been Hermione’s handiwork.

Next it was time for the speakers. Lupin went first, as he had been both a friend of James and of Harry. Lupin spoke of how he had been friends with James for years, and when he first met Harry, he had known exactly who he was- not because of his scar, but because of how alike of his father he was. Then he spoke of how great of a wizard Harry was( he mentioned in passing of how he had taught Harry to conjure a corporeal Patronus at 13- not to show off, but to make a point). Then he said, “Any powerful wizard could have destroyed Lord Voldemort, but only one with determination and an enormous amount of bravery could have done it at the cost of his own life.”

At this line, Lupin got down from the podium. It was Ron’s turn now.

how d'you like it????? plz respond!!! it might be kind of hard to figure out wat's going on @ first cuz it's written from both Ron and Hermione's PoV( i had to use color to keep track- i'm not that coordinated!)

i think i'll try to post again tomorrow... but if not then, Friday or Monday. Respond!!! plz!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 09:19 PM
froggigirl5972 is currently offline Click here to Send froggigirl5972 a Private Message Find more posts by froggigirl5972 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jlee17xoxo412

awwwww harry dies, thats so sad. and also your story is good. keep it up

So guys are the most confusing thing ever on earth

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 09:38 PM
jlee17xoxo412 is currently offline Click here to Send jlee17xoxo412 a Private Message Find more posts by jlee17xoxo412 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

I agree with 99.9%....don't ask about the .1.&

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 10:47 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
froggigirl5972
insane genius

o good. nothing new to post- stupid teachers were watching all day. sad but hopefully i'll get something tomorrow so that i can post friday! major thankies, guys! big grin big grin Happy Dance stick out tongue Happy Dance bunny happy

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 06:48 PM
froggigirl5972 is currently offline Click here to Send froggigirl5972 a Private Message Find more posts by froggigirl5972 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

i can't wait then...you might want to fix your sig too...the link doesn't work...thought i would let you know.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 07:15 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
froggigirl5972
insane genius

really? the link's been working for me... that's how i got here...but i'll fix it. not much new to post... but i'll post wat i have anyways...

At this line, Lupin got down from the podium. It was Ron's turn now.

After Lupin finished, Hermione had a tear in her eye. However, she knew that the worst part would be Ron's speech-if he did it, of course. For now, she would have to wait and see...

Ron got shakily to his feet and walked over to the podium. As he walked over, he saw Harry's body sitting before the podium. Ron scrunched up his eyes and gulped...and the moment of uncertainty passed. He cleared his throat and began his speech. It was written, but that wasn't what he wanted to say...

srry there's nothing more, but i've got a bit of writers block. i've been brainstorming, and i know what i want to say, but i havent figured out how to write it yet. but i promise there WILL be more on THursday...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:55 PM
jlee17xoxo412

take your time, we can wait

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 04:34 PM
jlee17xoxo412 is currently offline Click here to Send jlee17xoxo412 a Private Message Find more posts by jlee17xoxo412 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
froggigirl5972
insane genius

i got more! right after i typed that i had to copy into word cuz i'm writing it in there too and printing it out so that my "editor"(my bff for evr)can read it. so then i just kept going. I got Ron's whole speech! but nothing after that. here it is! i'm so excited...bunny

“He-hello, “stammered Ron, ”I’m Ron Weasley. Harry was my best friend. We met almost 7 years ago on the Hogwarts Express. I didn’t know anyone except my brothers and I definitely did not want to sit with them. So I sat down, and he introduced himself, and you know what? I don’t think I ever would have realized who he was if he hadn’t told me. He wasn’t stuck up or anything, like you’d expect someone famous to be- in fact, Harry always hated the publicity! Think about it- how would you like it if I just got out my wand, pointed it at you, and said Avada Kedavra? You’d all be scared, right? Because I could kill you. Now, imagine that I had killed both of your parents, too. Even though the curse wouldn’t work on you, your parents would be dead. How would you like to be famous for that? Everyone would like to be famous for a talent that they have, but being famous because someone couldn’t kill you? That would be just terrible. And guess what? Now you all know what Harry felt like each and every day. You all treated him like he was special because he wasn’t dead! And now he is famous for an achievement, not just pure luck- he killed Lord Voldemort! He did it, even though it took all of his strength and energy and basically killed him. But do you really want to know the truth? Do you really want to know what I think? Because the truth of it is, I’m really glad Harry’s dead. It sounds terrible, but you know how he always hated being famous? Well, killing Voldemort just made him even MORE famous. Everyone in the world would treat him like the biggest hero on the planet because he finally got revenge for his parents. I just don’t think he could bear all of the attention- he would have hated it so much that I think he would probably die anyways! So I’m glad that he died heroically and in a way that he wanted- because Harry made the choice himself to destroy Voldemort in a way that would also destroy himself. Now I truly know why he was in Gryffindor. Harry was the bravest person I’ve ever met, and probably that I ever will meet. Most people are honoured to have met him, but I have had the honor of being his best friend, and that’s something I will never forget.”

how's that? i got stuck after that, so maybe my editor will help me...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 09:03 PM
Brunette Angel

WOW, that was Amazing! yes

Ron, Harry, Hermione - Anime!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 11:05 PM
Brunette Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Brunette Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Brunette Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bamboopanda
The Forsaken

awesome work. you are a brilliant writer. keep up the great work. smile love the plot, love the way ron described harry. perfect. -i could go on all day-

Happy Halloween

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 12:44 AM
bamboopanda is currently offline Click here to Send bamboopanda a Private Message Find more posts by bamboopanda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
froggigirl5972
insane genius

wow...i didnt think i could write THAT good...thanx, guys!!! big grin big grin big grin
that just made my day...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 07:02 PM
froggigirl5972
insane genius

more tomorrow possibly...

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 09:00 PM
danagrint1
Rupert's Wife

love itsmile

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 11:15 PM
danagrint1 is currently offline Click here to Send danagrint1 a Private Message Find more posts by danagrint1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
froggigirl5972
insane genius

thanx! i went to bed early last night cuz i was so exhausted, so nothing new...maybe later this afternoon tho...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 02:13 PM
froggigirl5972
insane genius

still...nothing....major writers block...i'll try to finish it or atleast get more tonight,but i highly doubt it...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 06:44 PM
Brunette Angel

Write more!!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 10:46 PM
Brunette Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Brunette Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Brunette Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
froggigirl5972
insane genius

i'm srry...but i'm stuck... i kno wat i wanna say now to finish it, i just gotta figure out how to word it. it also might be a bit helpful to write it down...but i promise i'll get it done soon!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 06:40 PM
froggigirl5972
insane genius

got's it finished! so proud of myself now... well, here it is!!!

He had done it!! He had told everyone what he really thought. As Ron stepped down from the podium and walked back to his seat, he wondered now what their reaction would be. Either way, it didn’t matter, but he was still curious. Once he had reached his seat, Ron realized he had no idea what would happen next- he had been so absorbed in his speech that he hadn’t bothered to remembered what would happen afterwards. Now however, the redhead realized what would happen- and sickened at the thought. Harry had to be buried. He had no idea how that was going to happen, though- Dumbledore had been put into flames but been encased in a marble tomb afterwards, but it would be an insult to Harry’s memory for the same to happen- Harry was special.

Hermione was shocked-she had expected to be sad, and for Ron to give a wonderful speech, but she hadn’t expected one so…astounding, shocking…and worst of all, true. It had sounded horrible at first, but now that Hermione thought about it, she thought he might be right. No matter what she thought, Hermione was still grateful and, now that she knew how her best friend-and maybe more?- felt about this whole ordeal, it kind of lifted a weight off her shoulders. She felt that now she could share some of her pain with someone else and maybe, just maybe, she could recover.

The rest of the funeral went by in a blur-Ron never really saw how Harry was buried, he was too preoccupied by his own thoughts-but once the ceremonies had ended and everyone had begun to leave, Ron just stayed sitting. He needed some time to think. By the time he had even begun to collect his thoughts, everyone else had gone. Suddenly, there was a bright clap of thunder. Ron glanced up at the sky, as it had failed to rain yesterday. As he did so, every feeling of the past 4 days flashed through his mind-his confusion, his sadness, his anger. Before he could lose total control of his emotions, however, the sky flashed. A lightning bolt filled the sky with light and, strangely it seemed to be shaped like his best friend’s famous-though hated-scar…even the clouds around it seemed to be shaped like a boy’s face…stranger still, the boy seemed to be smiling…it took a moment for Ron to realize it was not rain that was streaming down his face.

sooo.... how's u guys like it??? pleez respond soon!!!! pleez!!!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 11:45 PM
jlee17xoxo412

i like your story so far, your a really good writer

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 01:05 AM
Brunette Angel

I really enjoy reading it. You describe it really well. Great Job!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 01:13 AM