KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Comic Book Halloween

Comic Book Halloween
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HaSon

quote:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 01:09 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Validus

I think I look sexy in that picture. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 01:11 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Bump!

I'm thinking about doing something like I did last year.

For those who don't know, I was The Doctor from The Authority for Halloween last year. Can't trick-or-treat anymore (obviously) but it made for a weird story at parties as people lost interest as I explained who he was. lol....good times. wink

Current front-runner in "super heroes I'd like to dress up as this year" is Thor. The chance to speak pseudo-Shakespearean English while wielding the Mighty Mjolnir seems too cool to me.

...more to come...

:dork:

P.S. I really just came back here to see jin in his costume again.

stick out tongue

You should go as Midnighter... then when anyone compliments you on your Batman costume you can mock them in a very "this-dumbass-knows-nothing-about-comics" sort of way

big grin

Of course you run the risk of being recognised and outed as an outspoken homosexual..... but either way it makes a funny story to tell us afterwards

As for the reason I wont be doing that myself.....

Originally posted by Scoobless
see that's the thing.... i could go to a Halloween party with a perfect replica of The Doctor's costume.... and no one would know who i was (comics are not huge in Scotland)... hell, when ever i mention most mainstream characters to friends/family most people have no idea what the f**k i'm talking about

when i heard they were making an Iron Fist movie i told a couple of people... blank stares

went to see a film a while ago with a mate... the FF trailer comes on..... he asks "who the f**k are they?"

my bro and sis (who both know of my comic collection..... and have been forced to learn slightly more than the normal person) don't know who Captain America is

my bro thinks Superman is the most powerful guy in comics ..... when we were doing that first amalgam tourney he kept saying "just take Superman... who can beat him?".... when i answered with a list of a ton of people he just turned and walked away

sad

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Sep 8th, 2006 at 01:19 AM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 01:14 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
All will be revealed

I want to be Batman or Robin for halloween...

original costumes.....

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 01:21 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Broly92
Bow to Amc or else?

bump

"Whoever said anybody has a right to give up?"

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 01:25 AM
Broly92 is currently offline Click here to Send Broly92 a Private Message Find more posts by Broly92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiñoAraña
Bang Bang

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 01:34 AM
NiñoAraña is currently offline Click here to Send NiñoAraña a Private Message Find more posts by NiñoAraña Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiñoAraña
Bang Bang

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 01:41 AM
NiñoAraña is currently offline Click here to Send NiñoAraña a Private Message Find more posts by NiñoAraña Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Behold!

Yeah, go ahead and laugh. But I put a lot of work into Mjolnir (the runes on it are my own design), and I think I look sweet.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 03:54 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Behold!

Yeah, go ahead and laugh. But I put a lot of work into Mjolnir (the runes on it are my own design), and I think I look sweet.

If I had known that guy dress up as Thor who showed up at my door on Halloween was you Digi, I would have gave you some candy. big grin

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 04:02 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Aren't you supposed to wear blue tights and knee high gold boots?

stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 08:49 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

thats actually not half bad... its a pretty decent costume imo... kudos...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 05:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Aren't you supposed to wear blue tights and knee high gold boots?

stick out tongue

Only on weekends. wink

Originally posted by pr1983
thats actually not half bad... its a pretty decent costume imo... kudos...

Thanks. The helmet and chest-piece were from a store-bought Thor costume, but I went searching for the wig myself and fashioned Mjolnir from a blue-green hammer-mess that we had lying around in our basement (I had to cut and sand the handle, and spray paint it silver and add the runes).

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 06:04 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bald Bugger
Restricted

Account Restricted

Behold!

laughing out loud

Sig by Pittman
Scoobs bald b*tch

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 06:06 PM
Bald Bugger is currently offline Click here to Send Bald Bugger a Private Message Find more posts by Bald Bugger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Thanks. The helmet and chest-piece were from a store-bought Thor costume, but I went searching for the wig myself and fashioned Mjolnir from a blue-green hammer-mess that we had lying around in our basement (I had to cut and sand the handle, and spray paint it silver and add the runes).

well its a decent result, the work you put in looks like it paid off...

i'd have gone as cyke, but due to the near impossibility of affording a visor (and even that one is bright bloody yellow), i was unable to...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 06:11 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

well its a decent result, the work you put in looks like it paid off...

i'd have gone as cyke, but due to the near impossibility of affording a visor (and even that one is bright bloody yellow), i was unable to...

Just buy some of those old-school 3-D Geordie Laforge plastic glasses and paint them

smile

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 06:15 PM
-Pr-

Just buy some of those old-school 3-D Geordie Laforge plastic glasses and paint them

smile

i had considered that, but i'm too obsessive to put up with something that wasnt the real deal... messed

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 06:24 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Behold!

What the hell is on your arms? laughing

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 09:02 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

i had considered that, but i'm too obsessive to put up with something that wasnt the real deal... messed

A friend of mine went as Cyke. I'll try to dig up a pic of him....but I don't know how he made the visor.

Originally posted by H. S. 6
What the hell is on your arms? laughing

Fake muscles....part of the chest-piece. They stop midway through the arm though, so it looks kinda bad from certain angles.

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 09:28 PM
-Pr-

[B]A friend of mine went as Cyke. I'll try to dig up a pic of him....but I don't know how he made the visor.

k...

quote:
Fake muscles....part of the chest-piece. They stop midway through the arm though, so it looks kinda bad from certain angles.

laughing out loud

eeeww... stick out tongue it looks like thor spent too much time in the bath and just pruned up big time...

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 09:32 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Found it. He just taped up some goggles with yellow tape, then left a strip open and covered it with red see-through film.

He's not in full costume in this pic....it's just the visor.

Attachment: n49100008_30396357_9632.jpg
This has been downloaded 158 time(s).

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 09:45 PM