KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » REad this thread! It is important!

REad this thread! It is important!
Started by: jplatinum

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
severance
Plot is better than power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Radioactive-enhanced spider, remember. Or has it been changed yet to genetically-enhanced?

As I understood it radioactivity was the means of transference of the the genetic characteristics of the spider. Spiderman was quoted as originally quoted as having the proportional strength of a spider i.e. able to lift 30 40 times body weight (pete weighs 165 therefore 6600lbs or 3 metric tons)
spidermans power has sadly increased over the years like superman (although not to the same extent). For some unknown reason writers sometimes feel the need to push the envelope on the reality of their character. I think spider man would be just as cool if he could only lift 3 tons.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 06:00 PM
severance is currently offline Click here to Send severance a Private Message Find more posts by severance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Re: REad this thread! It is important!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jplatinum
I have come under the conclusion that physics are applied in different ways in comic books.

Many of the writers are ignorant or just bias with how they write character's feats.
They have characters doing things that they shouldn't be able to do, while having characters that are capable of such feats doing simple ass weakass shit.

Post some ****ed up feats that you've witnessed in comics that shouldn't be.

I'm not talkin' about something thats alittle off, I'm talkin' about something that is just ridiculously wrong.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2020 02:23 PM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote