KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Who is the best QB in the NFL?

Who is the best Quarterback in the NFL?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Peyton Manning 12 38.71%
Michael Vick 3 9.68%
Donavan Mcnabb 5 16.13%
Brett Favre 3 9.68%
Tom Brady 8 25.81%
Drew Bledsoe 0 0%
Steve Mcnair 0 0%
Eli Manning 0 0%
Total: 31 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who is the best QB in the NFL?
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote: (post)
Originally posted by forumcrew
12 Ben Roethlisberger PIT 913 86 52 7 0 85 123.8

also not on the list..lol

Uh, yeah, and don't forget that 7 to 0 touchdown to interception ratio.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 06:46 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_Lantern
Restricted

Account Restricted

How could McNabb not lead this list??????????? If he had Peyton's receivers he'd be passing for 60 TD's and not 49. He can Run, Throw, he accurate and he had supbar receiver MOST of his career before T.O.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 07:00 PM
Dark_Lantern is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_Lantern a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_Lantern Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Mcnabb has had a better D to get him better field position most of the time.. and westbrook is a super player able to run and catch with the best of them.. and Numbers dont make you the best QB your abilities do. I think McNabb is up there but not the best. And you ever think Harrison and Wayne are so good because of manning and not the other way around?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 11:46 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

I think Mcnabb shoulda had that surgery...they are screwed come playoff time.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 02:04 AM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justinday15
Jay

Peyton is the best. No doubt about it!

Old Post Nov 17th, 2005 05:53 PM
justinday15 is currently offline Click here to Send justinday15 a Private Message Find more posts by justinday15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

got to go with tom brady,he has three superbowl trophys,cant take that away from him.I agree with forumcrew that eli manning does not belong there,he is still learning and has not established himself in the elite quarterbacks list yet.brett farve doenst belong there,he was a fool to come back,he is washed up and doesn't have it anymore.also if anybody should be up there as second year players,it should be ben rothesberger of the steelers especially since he has not suffered the sophmore jinx like some quarterbacks do their second year.he is much better than eli manning

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 08:43 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I'll betcha $100 that Peyton Manning would trade his stats for those 3 championship rings Tom Brady owns. Gotta go with Tom! Go Patriots!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 07:19 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

parker you are incorrect about farve. He is not washed up, he is still better then a lot of QB's in the NFL. they are very close to being 7-3 or 6-4 with a HORRIBLE team. The majority of thier losses were under 7 points, and he is missing Multiple WR's Multiple RB's the #1 TE for a while, the good part of the O-line is gone, and some big losses to the D. Farve is still a good QB but a man can only do so much in such a bad situation.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 07:02 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

ok Mcnabb is out, Peyton Moves up...right now I have to put it like this.
1. Peyton Manning
2. Carson Palmer (although his stats are better then peytons....but Peyton is 10-0)
3. Drew Brees
4. Jake Plummer
5. Tom Brady....

or something like that.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 07:27 AM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by WindDancer
I'll betcha $100 that Peyton Manning would trade his stats for those 3 championship rings Tom Brady owns. Gotta go with Tom! Go Patriots!

Yeah I defenetely put Brady ahead of Manning because you also got to remember that in his FIRST season starting,he turned that team around and took them to the superbowl.an amazing feat.Bill Belechick is over rated as a coach and not that good a coach really.That first year they won the superbowl,it was because bledsoe got hurt whom they were losing games with,then brady came on and turned things around for them and they went and won the superbowl of course.Brady is the reason the patriots have been such a great team since then,it has nothing to do with belichek.yeah Manning would trade thouse stats anyday of the year for those championship rings Brady has.Dan Marino always said he would much rather have the rings Joe Montana had than all those impressive stats.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:24 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

One thing is for sure...Colts better not blow it during the playoffs. That would prove that Manning is a good QB during the regular season and not during championship games.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 09:48 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Even though I despise the guy...Brady. The guy is the clutchest QB in the league and this year especially he has shown that he can carry a team. The Patriots would barely have two wins if they're without Brady.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 01:33 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

exactly.like you dr strangelove,I am not a tom brady fan.That made me so mad that year the raiders got cheated out of going to the superbowl and the wrong team-the patriots went when brady clearly fumbled the ball in that playoff game.that being said,like you,I am objective enough to overlook my disgust for him to say that he is the best in the league.As I said earlier,that year they won their first superbowl by beating the raiders in the playoffs then beating the rams in the superbowl,at the beginning of the season,that team was going nowhere and was coming off a losing season the previous year,they had lost 4 out of 5 games I believe with bledsoe at quarterback,then he got hurt and brady came on and turned that team around making clutch third down throws after another.they then went on to win like 10 of their last 11 games that year and of course the rest is history.Without brady,no way does that team go to the superbowl and win their first superbowl ever that year and no way is this team still in the hunt for a playoff spot this year wiithout brady at quarterback.He consistantly converts third downs into first downs and has carried this team through the hard times this year.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 06:39 PM
Talking_Owl
Jesus

(please log in to view the image)

More Raider whining! I respect your opinion, but can we please get over the Tuck Rule. Both teams had plenty of chances to win after that play, and the Pats simply took advantage of the opportunities presented to them.

Anyway, I voted for Brady since I'm a homer.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 06:14 PM
Talking_Owl is currently offline Click here to Send Talking_Owl a Private Message Find more posts by Talking_Owl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Manning or Brady.

Depending on your personnel, you might want one over the other. McNabb and Culpepper looked like they were trying to knock on the door, but stumbled and fell. Favre, WAS there, but has since laid an egg.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 02:34 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Originally posted by forumcrew
12 Ben Roethlisberger PIT 913 86 52 7 0 85 123.8

also not on the list..lol

laughing out loud Since we got into this crazy Manning QB discussion, I was reviewing some old threads about the so-called best QB, and lo and behold I find Forum backing Big Ben!!!!! Busted!

Keep in mind this was before Super Bowl XL wink

It's such a keepsake post, I've decided to temporarily have it as my signature.

Last edited by botankus on Feb 15th, 2010 at 03:43 PM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 03:33 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Yea you got me, I defended him being in in a poll of top 10 QB's I would still stand by that today as well.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 08:18 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Don't you just want to look at my signature one more time?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 08:51 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Probably Brady at this time with his accomplishments as much as I hate to say it.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 09:54 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JustFrame

Currently...

1. Tom Brady - As much as I hate to give it to him, he's done more then Manning with Less Talent, only from 2007 onward did he have a Offensive line up on par with Mannings.

2. Peyton Manning - His stats says it all+ the Best Offensive Unit since the 2000+ era helps Greatly.

3. Drew Brees - Will you remember any of his offensive unit players 10 years from now? Exactly, the guy is phenomenal.

4. Aaron Rodgers - He's going to be the Next Big Thing in a year or two. He was in the Top-4 in overall stats last season, how is he "still" flying under the radar? Sacked over 40+ times in like 9 games with no O-Line or run game during that tenure and was still putting up ridiculous numbers.

5. (Don't Know)

On their career...(Note: People put too much emphasis on Super Bowl "wins" as an indication of greatness, to me, that's ridiculous, if you've at least won One Super Bowl that says enough for me, otherwise, Bradshaw, or Aikman should be on these lists, but they are not.)

#1. Brett Favre - Stats truly says it all, 3 Time MVP, has been absolutely consistent through out his entire career besides for 3 years out of his monster tenure. Took a Minnesota Team he just started with his first year to a NFC Championship berth. Throw for 30+ TDS and only 7 Ints at the Age of 40, something no other 40 yr old has done. Dominated and put up monster numbers during his Prime Years with an offensive unit that in contrast to other's like the 60's Packers, 70 Steelers or 80's 49ers that doesn't even remotely compare. The only QB in his prime to be able to run the opposite way, throw off to the wrong side, make it go 50 yds as a bullet and make it work and be effective. Simply put, to play this long, this well, and this consistent says I give it to Favre handily.

#2. Bart Starr - What? Not Montana. I'm sorry, but if you "rank" by Championships, then Starr>>>>>>Montana. He won 5 Championships during his Era with the 60's Packers. "Had" they of started the SuperBowl in 1960, Starr would have 5 Super Bowl Rings under his belt. He had a 80 QB Rating, in an era where it was 10x more difficult to throw the ball in contrast to the era of today where Manning, or Brady have way better luxury due to the rules. Starr was a phenomenal QB and severely underrated because almost nobody does any actual check up how good he was and the fact that the era he played in is so long ago.

Ice Bowl says it all of how good he was, because yeah, Montana's SB run was great, but the guy did it in Perfect Weather. Try doing that when it's -17 Degree's out, the ground your running on feels like concrete+ice rink put together, and he drives 65 yards to bring the Packers to their second Super Bowl. Definitely gives my nod.

#3 Joe Montana - The Great One during my kid Era, and to whom I call, the Mr. Clutch of the NFL (Taken from the Nick Name of Jerry West from the NBA). If it was at the biggest game, who would bet against Joe? Unless you didn't like money of course. Joe Montana was a great QB, and his epic memories of his last minute SB drive and "The Catch". He is one of the absolute best of all time, and in my book, should never go lower then Top-3.

#4 Johnny Unitas - Another NFL QB who gets severely underrated due to the fact he played so long ago.

#5 ???? Haven't thought about it really.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 07:45 PM
JustFrame is currently offline Click here to Send JustFrame a Private Message Find more posts by JustFrame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote