KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tourney: Round 2, Fight#1

Tourney: Round 2, Fight#1
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
You sound like you're a high priced hooker.

lol

i'll bet he'll give you a good deal Piggy.... ten dolla, sucky sucky

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 01:01 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by Scoobless
yes... but you'd miss by an even greater margin... so what would be the point?

Miss? Maybe. But that will still kick up a whole lot of sand in the process. That will dampen your sight, possibly blind you.

Oh wait! You have Spider Sense!!! You can see me and blast me while your blind! The thing is you will probably know where I am due to your spider sense since I'll be firing blast after blast of Electron and Neutron beams. Then again, you will only be able to fire into my general area. Your spider sense can only deal with a couple of things at once. Tracking me, while trying to dodge my E and N beam blasts, as well as my throwing blades and shurikens will certainly throw off your aim. As well cost you your amaglam's life.

i doubt it, Spider-Man/Scarlet Spider deal with explosions all the time... think Green Goblin, Hob Goblin, Nitro, etc.... plus Grievous has been on so many battlefields that he probably wouldn't even flinch at a near miss

You probably wouldn't flinch. But the concussive force of the near miss will knock you on your ass. A couple of your arms are also unprotected by the armor, so you may also sustain damage to those two appendages. Or it would be also possible have a few of your lightsabers/wrist blasters damaged by the blast. You may be damn near invulnerable, but your light sabers aren't. Lose those, and it's a big advantage for me. Wait a minute, you probably already lost them. smile

not really.... the armour will absorb the energy wave from a near miss fairly easily... you'd have to score a direct hit to do any damage... that or risk close quarter combat

Hey Scoob, take a look at this:

quote:
Kull armor: The armor negates nearly all energy attacks, and severly dulls high-level energy attacks. It can be pierced by anything harder/sharper than hard forms of metal, but resists regular bullets. Repeated concussive force (punches, grenades, etc.) can and will jar the wearer significantly.[/B]

You see that? Repeated blast will jar you significantly. 3 or 4 near misses will probably disorient you. 50lbs of TNT like concussive force will generally do that to super powered jedi wannabes and Stargate SG-1 alien armor and eventually kill you. smile

vibratory waves are just another form of energy that would be absorbed, and again, even if they did pierce the outer armour, they would be significantly slowed and wouldn't even scratch my body

Hmmmm.. Stopping my shurikens with a theoretical point of view. It's possible... Then again it might not. Shatterstar's weapons were forged in a dimension of science and magic... That's straight from X-Force #4. He was able to cut Juggernaut's Helmet loose. So your taking a big risk letting those shurikens and throwing blades hit you, especially while their resonating with vibratory shockwaves hoping your theoretical point of view will save you.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 01:21 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

lol

i'll bet he'll give you a good deal Piggy.... ten dolla, sucky sucky

Even with the discount I don't think lp could afford it.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 01:23 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Adam Warlock

so.................. it's true............. confused

sick

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 01:54 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Miss? Maybe. But that will still kick up a whole lot of sand in the process. That will dampen your sight, possibly blind you.

i doubt it... your beams don't cause explosions when they hit... it's just a lot of pressure into a punching type beam... it'll just pound into the sand rather than kick it up

Oh wait! You have Spider Sense!!! You can see me and blast me while your blind! The thing is you will probably know where I am due to your spider sense since I'll be firing blast after blast of Electron and Neutron beams. Then again, you will only be able to fire into my general area. Your spider sense can only deal with a couple of things at once. Tracking me, while trying to dodge my E and N beam blasts, as well as my throwing blades and shurikens will certainly throw off your aim.

Spidey's hit many different moving targets with webs while under heavy fire .... my aiming wont be a problem

that plus i'm firing from four sources at once.... any of which can incapacitate you.... whereas you only have the one beam that could harm SC

i don't have to track you and dodge separately... it's all instinctual and happens simultaneously

You probably wouldn't flinch. But the concussive force of the near miss will knock you on your ass.

where does it say that there would be any concussive force from a near miss

"The e-beam and n-beam have tremendous concussive power (on the order of 50 pounds of TNT at effective ranges of 75 feet)"

the TNT comparison doesn't mean the beam actually causes an explosion... just that getting hit by it is the equivalent of being at the centre of that level of explosion... when you continually miss me it'll just punch into the sand

Repeated blast will jar you significantly. 3 or 4 near misses will probably disorient you.

unless you can show proof of any of Unicorn's beams causing explosions, this is all invalid

Hmmmm.. Stopping my shurikens with a theoretical point of view. It's possible... Then again it might not. Shatterstar's weapons were forged in a dimension of science and magic... That's straight from X-Force #4. He was able to cut Juggernaut's Helmet loose. So your taking a big risk letting those shurikens and throwing blades hit you, especially while their resonating with vibratory shockwaves hoping your theoretical point of view will save you.

if they're a big risk the spider sense will warn me, but the fact that my armour is completely bullet proof and absorbs all known forms of energy lead me to strongly believe that your throwing stars are going to be useless against it..... not that you'd be able to see through the sand you'd be kicking up (while running in circles) to get a decent shot at aiming

trying to keep my responses brief so that people can get through the posts without losing interest

smokin'

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 02:13 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

i doubt it... your beams don't cause explosions when they hit... it's just a lot of pressure into a punching type beam... it'll just pound into the sand rather than kick it up

Sand will fly. Imagine Moses parting the Red Sea... Imagine an energy beam parting a Dune of sand... Sand will be everywhere. Thus impairing your vision. smile

Oh, check out this link and scroll down a bit:

http://www.ironmanarmory.com/biosoz.html

Spidey's hit many different moving targets with webs while under heavy fire .... my aiming wont be a problem

With multiple blasts going around you and you being blind as a blind can be, the only thing you'll be hitting is sand. smile

Then again, you have multiple bullseyes on your body even though faint, I can decipher where to shoot from there.

that plus i'm firing from four sources at once.... any of which can incapacitate you.... whereas you only have the one beam that could harm SC

How are you going to hit me with my shield up... Yeah, that's right, I have a shield. Check out that link. I was gonna save it for the finals but I like pulling new tricks out of thin air. Why can everyone else have shields and I can't? Sure I'll tone it down for this battle. but it looks like your plasma weapons ain't touching me. smile

i don't have to track you and dodge separately... it's all instinctual and happens simultaneously

When things are done simultaneously, things are usually done half-assed

where does it say that there would be any concussive force from a near miss

"The e-beam and n-beam have tremendous concussive power (on the order of 50 pounds of TNT at effective ranges of 75 feet)"

the TNT comparison doesn't mean the beam actually causes an explosion... just that getting hit by it is the equivalent of being at the centre of that level of explosion... when you continually miss me it'll just punch into the sand

unless you can show proof of any of Unicorn's beams causing explosions, this is all invalid

It doesn't say it anywhere in those bios. Check out Iron Man #4 Silver age run(1968). I think that's the one Iron Man is rocked by a near miss.

if they're a big risk the spider sense will warn me, but the fact that my armour is completely bullet proof and absorbs all known forms of energy lead me to strongly believe that your throwing stars are going to be useless against it..... not that you'd be able to see through the sand you'd be kicking up (while running in circles) to get a decent shot at aiming

Again I'll see your energy sources, and that's all I need to see. You are lit up like a Christmas tree while your blinded by the sand. smile

trying to keep my responses brief so that people can get through the posts without losing interest

smokin'

It's okay Scoob. Even the great ones fall.

Last edited by Adam Warlock on Oct 11th, 2005 at 02:59 AM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 02:55 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

again... EAA cancels vibrations, bullet-proofness of armour prevents penetration (does that sound a bit weird) .... and, oh yeah, no skin to be penetrated, just tough alien alloy

It does sound weird. So basically you have no skin right? No flesh? No organs? So I attack your head. smile

basically i've got you covered on all your long range tactics... they wont work for you, but a sustained battle will tire you out (if you don't just get webbed up straight away) while i wont tire at all ... it's pretty damn hard to wear out a cyborg.... ever seen Terminator?

Bringing Terminator into this? Pfffttt.. Terminator's are beat by normal humans all the time. A sustained battle will tire me out, but it won't last that long because you'll be dead within a few minutes. Possibly seconds of after the start of the match. I can function at peak operating capacity for at least a few hours thanks to all that energy stored onto my belt of my costume.

sooner or later you may realise your only chance is to get in close.... and when you do that you wont have time to realise your mistake .... you'll be littering the desert floor and giving it a nice red tint

I'll get in close when I take off your two unprotected arms. Which can happen via E/N Beam blasts, or extremely wounding two of your arms, sticking them with a bunch of shurikens and throwing blades.

Last edited by Adam Warlock on Oct 11th, 2005 at 03:27 AM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 03:21 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:
Originally posted by Scarlet Fever.. Err.. Scoobless

you can't "see" me... you can only tell where the energy source is.... you can't see what i'm doing with my webbing.... or what i'm writing in the sand

now you're wondering "WTF is he writing in the sand?"

Your energy sources tell me exactly where you are compared to your Spider sense which tells you the general direction the danger is coming from.

Are you writing your amaglam's will in the sand?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 03:26 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Actually, Spider Sense is prety precise... Scoob's scans are a pretty good representation of exactly HOW precise.

And I know this battlefield is just to piss me off. I know it! GOD! You're a sick man Digi. Sick and utterly twisted. Fremen can basically disappear in a desert. Added to Drizzt's already amazing amounts of stealthiness and magical (not really) sandwalking abilities... GOD! (he actually did run across snow that was a few feet deep without sinking in. Just to piss off Bruenor)

Ok, bitterness off.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 03:33 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by Dizzle

And I know this battlefield is just to piss me off. I know it! GOD! You're a sick man Digi. Sick and utterly twisted. Fremen can basically disappear in a desert.

I think Digi chose this battlefield in advance I think. He probably assumed that you were gonna win and give you slight advantage over Scoobs.

You still gave me one hell of a battle though.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 03:37 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

I think Digi chose this battlefield in advance I think. He probably assumed that you were gonna win and give you slight advantage over Scoobs.

You still gave me one hell of a battle though.

I was kidding, I think he said the selection procedure had something to do with his dog...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 04:06 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

yeah.. IF it's just a graze you would probably survive... but you'd be in extreme pain as whichever part of you that was grazed continues to burn long after the hit... i imagine that would throw off your "game" for the rest of the battle

multiple "grazes" means multiple areas of skin that'll never grow back properly + loss of mobility

any solid hit means you're screwed

How are your plasma blasts getting through my shield again?

Sure I'll tone it down for the tourney, but still, will your little wrist blasters get through it?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 04:09 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Sand will fly. Imagine Moses parting the Red Sea... Imagine an energy beam parting a Dune of sand... Sand will be everywhere. Thus impairing your vision. smile

as well as your own... yes your energy thing can tell you where i am... bu only a few blips... you can't see the position my body is in so anything you throw will miss and dodging a single beam has never been beyond Scarlet Spider

With multiple blasts going around you and you being blind as a blind can be, the only thing you'll be hitting is sand. smile

sand and you

Then again, you have multiple bullseyes on your body even though faint, I can decipher where to shoot from there.

again... you can see few blips, but not the central mass or body position.... you're firing at the end of an arm that is more than fast enough to move out of the way

How are you going to hit me with my shield up... Yeah, that's right, I have a shield. Check out that link. I was gonna save it for the finals but I like pulling new tricks out of thin air. Why can everyone else have shields and I can't? Sure I'll tone it down for this battle. but it looks like your plasma weapons ain't touching me. smile

first off... why would you not divulge this info with your original bios if you claim you knew all along?

secondly... PROVE that you can hold up the shield and fire at the same time... nowhere in that link does it say you can do both at once

thirdly (you'll love this) Kull armour enables the wearer to move through energy shields unharmed (part of the energy absorption function).... so while you're holding up your shield, i just pass an arm through it and blast your face off

"Because the armor of the Kull Warrior deflects bullets and absorbs energy blasts, the technology is highly prized. The SGC fitted Jacob Carter/Selmak with a dead Kull Warrior's suit to penetrate the force field protecting the stargate on Tartarus"
http://wiki.stargate-sg1-solutions....hp/Kull_Warrior

(please log in to view the image)
Kull walking through force field

When things are done simultaneously, things are usually done half-assed

like throwing shuriken running, in circles and trying to lock on with a concussive beam all while avoiding getting your ass fried????

roll eyes (sarcastic)

don't worry, Scarlet Spider has shown to be able to dodge and web simultaneously very effectively in the past.... unlike your guys.... you should have traded in the horn for some form of pre-cog

It doesn't say it anywhere in those bios. Check out Iron Man #4 Silver age run(1968). I think that's the one Iron Man is rocked by a near miss.

Iron Man's armour never had energy absorption abilities worth mentioning back in the 60's.... he might as well be wearing a tin can by comparison

Again I'll see your energy sources, and that's all I need to see. You are lit up like a Christmas tree while your blinded by the sand.

you'll see 2 or 4 dots..... nowhere near a full enough picture to aim shuriken with

and, as you well know, spider sense works just as well in the dark as it does in the light

Your energy sources tell me exactly where you are compared to your Spider sense which tells you the general direction the danger is coming from.

i'll have no problem functioning with limited vision

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

i'll know exactly which direction you are in.... that's all i need to aim my various weapons at you

So basically you have no skin right? No flesh? No organs? So I attack your head.

good luck with that.... not only is it surrounded by some of the more solid parts of my armour... but it's attached to an extremely fast, spider-sense usin', Jedi-slappin', plasma-blastin', web thwippin', battle plannin', energy absorbin', force field by-passin', swash-bucklin' mack daddy of the highest order

cool

Bringing Terminator into this? Pfffttt.. Terminator's are beat by normal humans all the time.

not in straight up fights they aren't

one last little tidbit for you to chew over...... as soon as you put up a force field, i can hit it with impact webbing (much bigger target...unmissable i'd say) ... this webbing will flow around your field until in completely encases you... if you lower the field it'll constrict and wrap up your body.... you still need to breath.... right?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 04:25 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

How are your plasma blasts getting through my shield again?

Sure I'll tone it down for the tourney, but still, will your little wrist blasters get through it?

well they burn through the titanium plates the SG teams used to use for body armour (they stopped using titanium because of the plasma staffs and wrist cannons)

so if your shields are toned down to tourney specs i'd have a fairly decent shot at getting through it ... but like i said ... impact webbing works wonders against shields

smile

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 04:59 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

well they burn through the titanium plates the SG teams used to use for body armour (they stopped using titanium because of the plasma staffs and wrist cannons)

Actually, they switched to ceramic plates because of the staff weapons, long before they saw the much smaller wrist blasters. sO there's probably a good sized difference between wrist blaster and staff weapon. And I don't remember them ever using titanium armor, I thought it was just plain steel plating and bulletproof vests.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 05:17 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Khellendros
Actually, they switched to ceramic plates because of the staff weapons, long before they saw the much smaller wrist blasters. sO there's probably a good sized difference between wrist blaster and staff weapon. And I don't remember them ever using titanium armor, I thought it was just plain steel plating and bulletproof vests.

did you see that episode where they're making the documentary? the guy goes down to the James Bond-esque testing facility and sees them trying out the ceramic plates... he comments on the reason for switching from titanium ... he says the plates just got burned through and the soldier was effectively trapped in a portable oven

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 05:23 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

You tease....

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 07:31 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Dizzle
I was kidding, I think he said the selection procedure had something to do with his dog...

Actually, yeah. I figured out about 20 battle sites. Then my dog picked slips of paper at random (he'll chew on anything) to choose the order in which they were fought. So it wasn't intentional that the sand battle was in Dizzle's bracket. He just would have gotten wicked lucky this round if he had beaten Sentry.

But thinking about you missing out on this battlefield is pricelessly hilarious. Sorry D. laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 04:41 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

so if your shields are toned down to tourney specs i'd have a fairly decent shot at getting through it ... but like i said ... impact webbing works wonders against shields

smile

Ok, picture this. Your impact webbing covers my shield. As soon as I let my shield down, I'll make sure my swords are there to slice through the center of the webbing as I lower my shield, and the webbing harmlessly falls to the ground. Then I counter via E-Beam Blast to one one of your hands that has the lightsabers. Or perhaps I'll aim for your head. EAA will only do so much.

Your web is not indestructible, it'll be a piece of cake for my blades. smile

Here's another one for you. I shoot my E-Beams not at you, but directly in front of you. It hits the ground within a foot of you kicking a whole lot of sand up. As soon as that blast hits, I fire off another blast straight at you this time. I know you will not stand still and take the blast, so immediately after I let that other blast go, I toss off a trio of charged Throwing blades one set to the right, and one set to the left. Now as the my blades are traveling a second behind my E-Beam blast, I jump towards you straight above you and fire my E-Beams downward when looking down at you.

You can't go straight back or my beam will still get you. You can't go to your immediate left or right or you run the risk of being caught by my charged blades. You also can't jump straight up due to the fact I'll be over you blasting a ray of light down on you sending your Amaglam to heaven...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 05:05 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:

as well as your own... yes your energy thing can tell you where i am... bu only a few blips... you can't see the position my body is in so anything you throw will miss and dodging a single beam has never been beyond Scarlet Spider

What's so hard about aiming at the center of those blips?

quote:

sand and you

sand and me? No. On the other hand, my blasts will be blasting the blips(lightsabers and wrist blasters), possibly blowing a few of your limbs off in the process. Possibly your head.

So if your EAA thing does work and absorb some of the energy, instead of having enough power to blast a tank on it's side, it'll have enough power to blast a car of a truck over. You will feel the blast through your suit. So one of those blasts hitting your arms will surely take them off. Imagine if it hit your head? Or your legs while you were trying to dodge my thorwing blades/shurikens.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 05:25 PM