KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tourney: Round 2, Fight #2

Tourney: Round 2, Fight #2
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Making sure characters get along was one of the first rules.

How like Reed/Doom combo wouldn't work.

I think Stormfront is saying that since it's been shown that the new venom doesn't have the sentimental bond to it's host like it used to, it will just up and leave seeing someone with such a high sonic capability.

The symbiote is self preserving.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:13 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stormfront13
then all the personalities of his characters mix together, will thy really work well together? will they function right? they are all villians, and villians can be very untrustworthy and don't like taking orders. will they cooperate to make his amalgam a threat?

amalgam... look it up.... in other words .... YES

think about darkclaw.. wolverine kills... batman doesn't.... the amalgam of the two worked fine though.. it's the perfect mixture...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:13 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by long pig
Making sure characters get along was one of the first rules.

How like Reed/Doom combo wouldn't work.

I think Stormfront is saying that since it's been shown that the new venom doesn't have the sentimental bond to it's host like it used to, it will just up and leave seeing someone with such a high sonic capability.

The symbiote is self preserving.

this has only become a viable strategy since it's original bond with brock failed... again... this is an amalgam..... my guy is bonded just fine...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:14 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, that's for the people to decide. wink

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:15 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by 8bitChris
SpiderWoman III doesn't have a "Spider Sense". She has all the powers of the previous Spider Women and none of them had a Spider Sense.

How can she have one?

I like Jinzin's strategy of tucking the symbiote away until he is close up. It negates the weakness.

However, it looks like Jinzin has a lot of convincing to do still. I wouldn't try the "Siryn has to breath" arguement for too long. It didn't work for me and appeared to have fallen on dense heads and deaf ears.

sorry man... hopefully people will read this and think it through... breathing...... = time... symbiote speed blitzing sf's ass = less time...

time to scream= less time than st can afford..

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:17 AM
jinzin

Well, that's for the people to decide. wink

well it shouldn't be a hard decision since that's the whole point of these amalgamated mixtures... wink

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:17 AM
jinzin

no, she has the powers of spider-man. she went through the gathering of the five and got all his powers because he was her idol. she has even replaced him before. the reason she has the powers of all the spider-women is because she absorbed them from the evil spider-woman. sabertooth still has a weakness to sonic attacks due to the fact that he has enhanced hearing. siryn does have to breath, but she only needs one scream to put up a force-field. how do you think she flies? if her power works the way you claim, then she couldn't fly.

flying is the same thing as a force field now?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:18 AM
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed, since Skreik doesn't have a Spider-Sense either. I can't see how she is faster than TBK.

Bow before your new ruler...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:19 AM
EsteemedLeader is currently offline Click here to Send EsteemedLeader a Private Message Find more posts by EsteemedLeader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

she's not... hell I mean an enhnced spiderwoman can't even keep up with wolverine... we all know sabretooth owns him 6 days out of the week... it's reall not that hard to figure out who has more to bring to the table here all amagalamtion considered...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:21 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by jinzin
first off... it isn't reliant on a host in the current comics

um.... wouldn't that mean that Venom is his own body then... and since you didn't take him as your body for this tourney.... well.... doesn't that mean you lose the whole symbiotic tendril thing? and the enhanced strength?

just a thought

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:23 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by Scoobless
um.... wouldn't that mean that Venom is his own body then... and since you didn't take him as your body for this tourney.... well.... doesn't that mean you lose the whole symbiotic tendril thing? and the enhanced strength?

just a thought

hmmmm well it's an interesting question... and no... he still has tendrils and enhanced strength without the host.. but I think it's safe to assume for the purposes of this debate the symbiote acts as all symbiotes do and attactches itself to a host.. TBK being the host..

venom evolving to become self reliant.. was exactly that.. an evolution...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:26 AM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

I don't think Jinzin knows what he's gotten himself into! evil face evil face

(please log in to view the image)

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:26 AM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

Originally posted by jinzin
and how long exactly do you think it takes a bullet to get to a target 5 feet away? What the f**k?

:

who says we're 5 feet away?

quote:
spped? I got more... reflexes? I've still got faster... reaction time... nope.. that's mine again... sorry but this has nothing to do with going past any rules.. the fact of the matter is that I power stacked like crazy and now I'm ulmito badass... sorry that doesn't bode well for you, but I like the fact that you have such a problem with it... shows weakness in your character... shows a lack of confidence in your ability to take TBK out... rightfully so...

your missing the point, with all my speed and reaction time you wouldn't be able to get to me before the shield is up.

quote:
first off... it isn't reliant on a host in the current comics... no.. that's true... it's also true that that simply wasn't the case when eddie brock was alive.. it was brock's concious desicion to push the symbiote away from himself... and yet it's ALSO true that my character IS bonded to the symbiote... it's part of his amalgamated history... your point here is both irrelevent and harmful

you were the one that said it

quote:
if you seriously want to use a detatched symbiote in this fight.. things are going to get even worse.. sabretooth's still packing energy claws, and TM abilities.. he can get through your shields rather handily...

you have no way of getting through my force-field.

quote:
SEE right here your being a hipocrite... there's a limit to the shileds too.. and you simply don't have anything that's going to stop me from getting to you period... if your whole argument is nothing can get through my shields despite that being CLEARLY outside ANY limitations previously set... than you have already lost...

actually my powerful shields are more than powerful enough to protect me from you. it's called power-meshinf, and it's legel. digi has even said so.

quote:
venom the madness part 3.. regular venom kicks juggernaught's ass and makes him run away... as you were saying?

no, the point was that even juggernauts strangth wasn't enough to get past it, so how will venoms?

quote:
sorry man... hopefully people will read this and think it through... breathing...... = time... symbiote speed blitzing sf's ass = less time...

hardly. if your going to bypass the length of an entire bridge in less than half a second then your over the speed limit and you will have to be weakened.

quote:
flying is the same thing as a force field now?

you completley missed the point, and are trying to bs your way out of this.

quote:
Indeed, since Skreik doesn't have a Spider-Sense either. I can't see how she is faster than TBK.

i have a spider-sence! along with pre-cog.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:28 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by 8bitChris
I don't think Jinzin knows what he's gotten himself into! evil face evil face

(please log in to view the image)

laughing out loud

oh no?

well take this!

(since sabretooth >>>>>>> wolverine.. I have all of wolverine's pis feats basically on my side here too..... laughing out loud )

Attachment: phoenix14.jpg
This has been downloaded 77 time(s).

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:28 AM
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

OMG Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends is such an awesome show!!!eek!

But I don't think that the host-bond argument is really going to do anything here. Since it's supposed to be Venom, and not simply his symbiote, that is part of TBK.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:29 AM
EsteemedLeader is currently offline Click here to Send EsteemedLeader a Private Message Find more posts by EsteemedLeader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your shields are up during prep, stormfront?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:30 AM
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

i have a spider-sence! along with pre-cog.

No, you don't. According to the bio YOU YOURSELF submitted, you don't have Spider-Sense.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:31 AM
jinzin

Your shields are up during prep, stormfront?

hell no they're not.. if that's what he was doing he should have stated this back when we got started.... he can't reverse time.. pfffft roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'll be back later to crush these pathetic arguments...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:34 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
OMG Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends is such an awesome show!!!eek!

But I don't think that the host-bond argument is really going to do anything here. Since it's supposed to be Venom, and not simply his symbiote, that is part of TBK.

well it's either the Eddie Brock - Venom here or the new evolved Venom

if it's Eddie/Venom then that's fine, the symbiote is just a part and can be addded to the amalgam like a gun could be.... but if it's evolved Venom then it's a little different... Venom's entire existence is the Alien "symbiote" part (though how a Symbiote can survive without a host is beyond me) ...so if it's only the alien then just slapping it onto another character means you essentially have two people on the battlefield rather than only one like you're supposed to have

Brock/Venom - Symbiote = half character

New Venom - Symbiote = full character

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:37 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
No, you don't. According to the bio YOU YOURSELF submitted, you don't have Spider-Sense.

i didn't think Spider-Woman had spider sense either

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:38 AM