KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tourney: Round 2, Fight #2

Tourney: Round 2, Fight #2
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
stormfront13

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
Your shields are up during prep, stormfront?

yeah, if it's allowed.

quote:
No, you don't. According to the bio YOU YOURSELF submitted, you don't have Spider-Sense

the link is also really crappy, and even if you don't believe me about the whole spider-sence thing, i have pre-cog and clairvoyance to make up for that.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:39 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, it was stated earlier that it is classic Venom.

And technically, due to the bond, it wouldn't be two characters.

Bow before your new ruler...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:39 AM
EsteemedLeader is currently offline Click here to Send EsteemedLeader a Private Message Find more posts by EsteemedLeader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

fine, if it's classic venom, then he is still as vulnerable as ever, and he needs proof that old venom is still that fast.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:40 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

i don't think your listening so to speak scoob...

the new evolved venom WAS bonded with brock.. but brock pushed it away as part of a concious effort.. he wanted to do so...but tbkk isn't doing that here.. there's no moral dilema i have to deal with here..... thus I'm going into this with the same history as brock basically... except I'm not pushing it away.. thus the point is null and void...

... the symbiote feeds of rage, sabretooth certainly has an abundance of that.. the evolved symbiote claimed wolverine was the perfect host for it.. I assume the same would go for sabes as well... only this time there has been bonding between the host and symbiote since the 80's just like brock...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:42 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by Scoobless
i didn't think Spider-Woman had spider sense either

probably because.....................

she doesn't....

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:43 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

Originally posted by jinzin
probably because.....................

she doesn't....

there's no proof of that, and she's been shown to dodge many thing in the past, and she has even replaced spider-man himself for a while. even if she doesn't, i have clairvoyance and pre-cog to keep up.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:47 AM
stormfront13

also it doesn't matter how fast you are because i put my shields up during prep

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:48 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by jinzin
... the symbiote feeds of rage, sabretooth certainly has an abundance of that..

actually they feed on phenylethylamine.... lol (so it was stated in "Venom: The Hunger" anyway.... well i think it was that story)

"Phenylethylamine releases dopamine in the mesolimbic pleasure-centres; it peaks during orgasm"

so basically.... the symbiote feeds on pleasure..... big grin

lol

laughing out loud

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:48 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes. And just so I can make a point clear:

In the amalgam, it's not simply slapping the venom symbiote onto the body. You're putting all of Venom into the amalgam, not simply the symbiote entity.

Let me explain it better this way:

Let's say you amalgam Iron Man. You would not simply be adding Iron Man's exact armor to the mix, but all of the armor, Tony Stark, and the history of Iron Man. If you simply used the armor, it would not work since it is made for Tony only and wouldn't work to maximum efficiency. It would also give the amalgam a horrible migraine through the fight, since it's reading brain waves that differ from Tony's.(this is what happened to War Machine when he became Iron Man)

So, as an amalgam, the symbiote is that of TBK's, not simply Eddie Brock.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:49 AM
EsteemedLeader is currently offline Click here to Send EsteemedLeader a Private Message Find more posts by EsteemedLeader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

i know all that.... but when Jin pointed out that Venom is now it's own being... well it occured to me that his mass would be counted as being a body as much as Sabretooth's would... and we're only permitted to use the body of one character

i don't think it's going to come to anything though... just thought i'd throw it out there

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:53 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spiderwoman doesn't have pre-cog?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:54 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

The difference between Spider Sense and Pre-Cog is that the SS is an instinctive reaction as soon as danger happens.

Pre-Cog is seeing what happens before it happens. So you'd have to determine what is happening, and then consciously (instead of instinctively) react to it.

This makes Spider Sense a MUCH more effective tool of dodging.

Spider Woman doesn't have it. There is no reason she would. No proof of her having it either.

(My Doppleganger Spider Sense arguement was effective due to the fact that he mimic'd "all" of Spidermans Powers.)

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:55 AM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now I see what you mean. But his character can have more mass like that, I think, since it's an addition to his body, like armor is.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:56 AM
stormfront13

http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...derwomaniii.htm

proof that spider-woman has pre-cog and clairvoyance.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:57 AM
stormfront13

Originally posted by 8bitChris
The difference between Spider Sense and Pre-Cog is that the SS is an instinctive reaction as soon as danger happens.

Pre-Cog is seeing what happens before it happens. So you'd have to determine what is happening, and then consciously (instead of instinctively) react to it.

Spider Woman doesn't have it. There is no reason she would. No proof of her having it either.

(My Doppleganger Spider Sense arguement was effective due to the fact that he mimic'd "all" of Spidermans Powers.)

yes, spider-woman mimic'd all of spider-mans powers too, in the gathering of the five.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:59 AM
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't doubt pre-cog. It's the fact that she doesn't have Spider-Sense.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:59 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 01:00 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
I don't doubt pre-cog. It's the fact that she doesn't have Spider-Sense.

which no one really has any proof of. she has dodged many things like spider-man in the past, and was so good that seh was even able to replace him for a while.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 01:06 AM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Originally posted by stormfront13
yes, spider-woman mimic'd all of spider-mans powers too, in the gathering of the five.

No, the Gathering of the 5 gave her super strength and flight. Then later on she got all the powers of the previous Spider Women. (e.g. venom blasts, sticking to walls, and psi-webbing.)

The Gathering of the five is completely different and unrelated to Peter' Parker's being bitten by a radioactive spider. So I don't see how they would produce the same results.

Your amalgam has a lot of tricks SF but it doesn't have a Spider sense. Use the others. smile

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 01:06 AM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

No, the Gathering of the 5 gave her super strength and flight. Then later on she got all the powers of the previous Spider Women. (e.g. venom blasts, sticking to walls, and psi-webbing.)

The Gathering of the five is completely different and unrelated to Peter' Parker's being bitten by a radioactive spider. So I don't see how they would produce the same results.

Your amalgam has a lot of tricks SF but it doesn't have a Spider sense. Use the others. smile

no, it gave her the powers of spider-man, because she wanted them due to him being her idol.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 01:08 AM