KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Superman Respect thread

Superman Respect thread
Started by: Creshosk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (119): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dvampire
xenogears

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes, that's what I was trying to imply....Eradicator lifting 400+ tons is not actually a pic that praises Superman, now is it?

Superman has done feats far great than that though. confused We really don't have to prove what he's capable of.

Made by DW

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 10:15 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

haha funny...actually I knew he was on the pic....I was just clarifying that he's not the one lifting it

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh but since we are in the SUPERMAN Respect thread here's a nice pic...yopu will wonder how that's actually showing Respect to Superman...well I dunno...but going by Creshosk's logic...Superman is on it no expression
Someone's bitter. smile

Captain Obvious to the rescue again. A superhero is often measured by what they can do. The villains they fight, the lives they save, and what they can achieve.
Now why would showing a villain of said hero be posting respect to him?
So tell me who eventually won?

laughing

That's right once again it was not the dude with the iceberg lifted over his head, it was someone better, someone who was able to beat this villain.

No I am really that stpid...you argue with someone stupid over more than 5 Pages, so even if you think you "win" ...you still won against someone stupid .....good for you

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 03:29 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by dvampire
Superman has done feats far great than that though. confused We really don't have to prove what he's capable of.

Thats not the point, I agree with you..the point is a pic of the Eradicator lifting a big Stone has no place in a Superman respect thread....Superman beating the shit out odf the Eradicator would....

Originally posted by Creshosk
Someone's bitter. smile

Captain Obvious to the rescue again. A superhero is often measured by what they can do. The villains they fight, the lives they save, and what they can achieve.
Now why would showing a villain of said hero be posting respect to him?
So tell me who eventually won?

laughing

That's right once again it was not the dude with the iceberg lifted over his head, it was someone better, someone who was able to beat this villain.

Yes....so post that pic..that would be cool....Superman standing on top of a beat Eradicator...where is it.

And I only answered cause you posted that you had top point out that Superman was on it...which is not true.....

Oh as for the quote, you wouldn't know Sarcasm if it Butt-Raped you, eh?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 05:59 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, that's what I was trying to imply....Eradicator lifting 400+ tons is not actually a pic that praises Superman, now is it?

If you have no imagination, and just see a pic without analysing the events that are in motion, then yes you are right, it shows nothing !!!!!!!!

Well done for stating your cynical and pretentious, argument.

You legend !!!!!!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

After this incident involving the Eradicator (A character who is widely accepted, in Superman's 'strength division' ) lifting the 400 ton + confused object (400 tons my arse !!!!!!!!!), Eradicator proceeds to throws the object (Which i seriously doubt weighs anything close to 400 tons) at both Super-boy and Superman. The resulting impact causes a level 6 (Richter scale) earth quake. Superman and Super-boy survive unharmed.

To those who have read the comic not only does this show us how Strong Superman is, it gives us a good example of how durable he is.Therefore it deservedly should be displayed in the; Superman Respect Thread Forum.

IMO there aren't many Marvel characters who could lift that object, and there are even less who could survive having it thrown at them. There

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 06:21 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by yahman
If you have no imagination, and just see a pic without analysing the events that are in motion, then yes you are right, it shows nothing !!!!!!!!

Well done for stating your cynical and pretentious, argument.

You legend !!!!!!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

After this incident involving the Eradicator (A character who is widely accepted, in Superman's 'strength division' ) lifting the 400 ton + confused object (400 tons my arse !!!!!!!!!), Eradicator proceeds to throws the object (Which i seriously doubt weighs anything close to 400 tons) at both Super-boy and Superman. The resulting impact causes a level 6 (Richter scale) earth quake. Superman and Super-boy survive unharmed.

To those who have read the comic not only does this show us how Strong Superman is, it gives us a good example of how durable he is.Therefore it deservedly should be displayed in the; Superman Respect Thread Forum.

IMO there aren't many Marvel characters who could lift that object, and there are even less who could survive having it thrown at them. There

So nows that story is good for a respect thread...that wasn't stated before though...we just had the pic...a good pic of course but not showing anything for Supes

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 10:30 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

So nows that story is good for a respect thread...that wasn't stated before though...we just had the pic...a good pic of course but not showing anything for Supes

You Legend

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 04:32 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by yahman
You Legend

Yeah....I guess.....

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 04:56 PM
dvampire
xenogears

I got these scans from Shoopdogg and Avalonofthewind.

Superman building something at high speeds.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/85...initdone3zo.jpg

Superman breathing in space.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/60...ginspace9hg.jpg

The starlight feeds his cells like the Sun.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;postid=5190987

Here is more evidence that Superman apparantly draws power from radiation from stars.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;postid=5196988

Super hearing, frozen in space Superman hears something two thousand feet underground:

http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/...rhearing8bw.jpg

Superman uses his Kryptonian MAs Discipline to fight Eradicator.

http://img288.imageshack.us/my.php?...dicator23wu.jpg

Superman is a cosmic being:

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/...escosmic0mc.jpg

He has fought for a century with Doomsday in a war against Gog.

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/5726/max00133hp.jpg

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/2665/max00120os.jpg

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/5112/max000214jt.jpg

Superman counters by using his Heat Vision high speeds.

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/...052053pm2il.jpg

Changing into his close really fast.

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/...052339pm0ab.jpg

Superman this had to be about 500 aliens (maybe more) that he caught.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/1981/speed35ft.jpg

Superman gets back home from Africa in a sec.

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/8084/speed8wu.jpg

Made by DW

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 06:07 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Pre-Crisis Supes moving the Earth with little effort whilst still drained from parasite.

Attachment: planetshifter.jpg
This has been downloaded 4825 time(s).

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 07:35 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Pre-Crisis Supes moving the Earth with little effort whilst still drained from parasite.

Nice one!

Can someone post the feat of Superman absorbing the meggadon (also a scan with them actually stating that it's capable of destroying half a galaxy)capable of destroying half a galaxy. smile

Made by DW

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 03:02 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by dvampire
Nice one!

Can someone post the feat of Superman absorbing the meggadon (also a scan with them actually stating that it's capable of destroying half a galaxy)capable of destroying half a galaxy. smile

I'll see if I can post some more stuff when I get a chance. Going to spend some quality time with wifey for now.

I believe snoop has some of what you asked for though.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 04:39 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Says it all.

Attachment: greatness.jpg
This has been downloaded 1818 time(s).

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 12:57 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

In truth, Superman is the greatest superhero of all time. He's the definition of a superhero. An unnaturally noble soul who doesn't use his great power for self.

Truth be told, if any of us had Superman's powers, we would be corrupted by them.

Anyone know what Superman's top running speed is? Last I heard it was about 2000 miles per second.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:14 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Superman would get way more respect if more of his fans were like ZephroCarnelian. Less like JediMasterLuke.

embarrasment

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:32 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

2000 miles per second was when he raced the Flash. I've never heard of him running faster than that. smile

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:33 PM
ZephroCarnelian

Wow, cheers CosmicCube! big grin

And Hulk would get more respect if his fans were likeCC and not like HulkPower! lol!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:33 PM
Cosmic Cube

2000 miles per second was when he raced the Flash. I've never heard of him running faster than that. smile

In space, he flies a warp speeds. Snoop showed me a scan of it. He limits his speed on Earth to prevent atmospheric disturbances.

Hey Zephro, do you think that Superman's powers might be psychic in nature? At least to some extent? We know he has tactile telekinesis to help him balance/lift/support huge objects. Maybe his flight is some sort of telekinesis. I once heard that he flies faster than light by willing himself to do so.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:37 PM
Cosmic Cube

Wow, cheers CosmicCube! big grin

And Hulk would get more respect if his fans were likeCC and not like HulkPower! lol!

Or DevilHulk... shifty

Anyone who thinks that their favorite superhero is totally undefeatable needs to check themselves. You just might be a fanboy.

Some people say Hulk needs more powers/versatility etc. I disagree. If Hulk had superspeed or flight, he wouldn't be the Hulk. I wouldn't like the Hulk if he were totally impossible to beat him. Characters like that suck. sick

(That was directed at you, Lobo! mad )

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:42 PM
ZephroCarnelian

lol! Now you're having ago at the characters themselves?? You need help CC! wink

Supes does have latent psychic powers that can manifest themselves in various forms. Lemme grab some scans.

Oh - and Supes did sometimes go C+ in realspace, but often went into hyperspace for longer journeys. Probably less effort lol! stick out tongue

Attachment: hyperspace.jpg
This has been downloaded 1604 time(s).

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:49 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
In space, he flies a warp speeds. Snoop showed me a scan of it. He limits his speed on Earth to prevent atmospheric disturbances.

Hey Zephro, do you think that Superman's powers might be psychic in nature? At least to some extent? We know he has tactile telekinesis to help him balance/lift/support huge objects. Maybe his flight is some sort of telekinesis. I once heard that he flies faster than light by willing himself to do so.

I believe practically all his powers are psionic in nature. There is just no other reasonable explanation. Simply, when he believes he can do something, he just does it. DC probably tiptoes around it because they don't want people to think Supes is getting too powerful or developing mental powers. (Then they introduced Torquasm Vo...sigh....)

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 09:07 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote