KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Alpha Flight Respect Thread

Alpha Flight Respect Thread
Started by: Dr.Fate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (49): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
olympian

I am. There is quite alot i didnt remembered anymore. Like the Thundra fight.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 04:53 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 09:52 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Guardian/Weapon Alpha/Vindicator

Uncanny X-Men #140-Shows just how powerful his blast is [that wan't even his full power] by incinerating a car that was thrown at him
(please log in to view the image)

Shaman

Uncanny X-Men #140-Shows how skilled he is controlling the environment with ease; by creating an ice wall in seconds.

Uncanny X-Men #140-Shows his magic cancelling out Wendigo's curse. Which is a high level spell.

Snowbird

Uncanny X-Men #140-Better quality scan of Snowbird beating Wendigo alone by transforming into a wolverine.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 03:42 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
Not as a knock, but it's hard to imagine a superhero team from Canada.
Or a French supergroup.

Just not the type.

what exactly is it about the French and Canadians that makes you believe this?

sounds pretty prejudiced to me

sad

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 03:50 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Guardian/Weapon Alpha

Uncanny X-Men #109-In his first appearance he beats up Wolverine knocking him out. Yet, he was still inexperienced with the suit and hadn't reached it's full power. We still see his shiled is strong enough to block Wolverine's adamintium attacks.

i)

ii)

Northstar and Aurora

Alpha Flight #2-In a persuit to get Marrina the twins move so fast it parts the waters.

Uncanny X-Men #120-In their first apperance, they easily beat Kurt by blinding him (1 million candles) and then one punch from Northstar.

Last edited by -K-M- on Oct 30th, 2005 at 11:02 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 10:59 PM
HigH ScholaR

yeah i do

even though i already had respct for them this thread has really opened up my mind although not convinced with puck never had been really.

how many isues did vol 3 last and is there a trade paper back form.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 11:14 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
yeah i do

even though i already had respct for them this thread has really opened up my mind although not convinced with puck never had been really.

how many isues did vol 3 last and is there a trade paper back form.

Puck is basically just an average human, so he won't have high-end feats of strength or anything. However, after the Master's experiment his strength is 800 pound to 2 ton range and he is bullet proof and has the acrobat skill of a person 6 feet tall. I'll post scans shortly of him beating Danger Room Beast (not the real one, but a hologram). He's good, but basically he is just the heart of Alpha Flight.

Vol.3 ran for 12 issues, and there are two trades
1) You gotta be kidd'in me! (Issues #1-6)
1) Waxing Poetic (Issues #7-12)

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 12:12 AM
-K-M-

Alpha Flight vs. Uncanny X-Men

Uncanny X-Men #121-The newly formed and inexperienced Alpha Flight goes toe to toe with the X-Men. This is their first apperance and the battle starts off with Shaman creating a strong barrier around the arena where the Calgary Stampede is held. This is done so no one outside could enter.

Feats:
-Shaman creating his totem summons
-Northstar punching Cyclops
-Sasquatch toying with Collosus
-Shaman's storm gets out of control, Storm has to use all her powers to stop it
-Northstar takes out Storm

i)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../uxm121pg07.jpg

ii)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../uxm121pg08.jpg

iii)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../uxm121pg09.jpg

iv)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../uxm121pg10.jpg

v)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../uxm121pg11.jpg

vi)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../uxm121pg12.jpg

vii)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../uxm121pg13.jpg

viii)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../uxm121pg14.jpg

ix)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../uxm121pg15.jpg
======
I want to hear people's comments about all the scans I have posted in this thread. Impressed? or not?

Last edited by -K-M- on Oct 31st, 2005 at 05:58 AM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 05:54 AM
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Originally posted by King_Mungi
I want to hear people's comments about all the scans I have posted in this thread. Impressed? or not?

I'm loving this. I'd love to see a vindicator versus wolverine thread in the Vs. forum. After you let a few fanboys talk about wolverine you can drop those scans on them.

Same with Sasquatch vs. Colossus.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:16 AM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Didnt Colossus beat Sasquatch in Uncanny #121?

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:19 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Finally people are commentingsmile

Originally posted by KharmaDog
I'm loving this. I'd love to see a vindicator versus wolverine thread in the Vs. forum. After you let a few fanboys talk about wolverine you can drop those scans on them.

Same with Sasquatch vs. Colossus.

Yeah Vindicator/Guardian would destroy Wolverine. I havn't even show their "tricks" yet. Such as Guardian 2 teleporting around the room blasting people.

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Didnt Colossus beat Sasquatch in Uncanny #121?

No, all he did was just flip him over with one judo throw which didn't hurt Sasquatch. I posted the scan
==================

Guardian 2/Vindicator 2

Alpha Flight #34-After James died [Guardian 1], Heather took up the mantle and went to Wolverine to train her to be a hero. She hasn't fully learned how to control the suit, but she takes out multiple samurai with ease. To bad the inexperienced Guardian couldn't help the New Avengers wink. This is Deathstike's first apperance, and Heather makes her look like a chump breaking her sword which was giving Wolverine's claws a hard time.

i)

ii)

iii)

iv)

v)

vi)

Last edited by -K-M- on Nov 1st, 2005 at 01:47 AM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:38 AM
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

I've always known Alpha Flight was badass. This thread just proves it.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:45 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I've always known Alpha Flight was badass. This thread just proves it.

Good to hear smile

=======================
Alpha Flight #90-Using her teleportation trick. Truely underated character

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:47 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by King_Mungi

No, all he did was just flip him over with one judo throw which didn't hurt Sasquatch. I posted the scan
If I remember right that was the last panel shown in the fight.

Most people would take it that Colossus won the fight.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:31 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Talisman

Alpha Flight #20-Snowbird and Shaman telling Talisman she is the chosen one.

Alpha Flight #90-Placing Shaman's bag overtop of her head she is defining, collecting and absorbing trillions of magical spells and artifacts to find one spell to help cure the mutated humans. In case some didn't know she is AF strongest member and is on Dr.Strange's level.

i)

ii)

iii)

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:34 AM
-K-M-

If I remember right that was the last panel shown in the fight.

Most people would take it that Colossus won the fight.

I posted the entire fight and no. Pg.12 [bottom of the page] Sasquatch is shown standing up once again. That judo toss was uneffective against him, hell Sasquatch can take armor peircing machine gun fire a fall will not knock him out. He even said "whoops" as he fall, like it was nothing to him. Pg.14 also has him standing up again after everyone was disorientated from the storm.

They would be wrong.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:39 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

He said "whoops" cause he udnerestimated Colossus' fighting ability.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:47 AM
-K-M-

He said "whoops" cause he udnerestimated Colossus' fighting ability.

Of course, but when you still say "whoops"; people say it like it's not a big deal. Like "whoopsie". He didn't even groan in pain after he hit the ground like most people do in comics when they hit the ground hard. Colossus did not win that fight.

Last edited by -K-M- on Nov 1st, 2005 at 02:55 AM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:52 AM
-K-M-

Box v.4/Madison Jeffries

Alpha Flight #53-Box showing he's versitility by transforming into such a small object. Madison Jeffries is actually inside there, unharmed protected from metal attacks. He manipulated his armor this small so he could avoid Bedlam's mental attacks

Alpha Flight #53-Box training Beta Flight with Heather as Alpha Flight's "Danger Room".

Alpha Flight #53-Box once again showing his abilties, by protecting Wolverine and him from an attack by Bedlam and going undetected.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 04:11 AM
Dr.Fate
Aztek's only Fanboy

Wow King Mungi you've done alot for this thread I'd like to but my computer is crap and I don't have a scanner. Box has always been so cool he could be like an omega level mutant. Keep up the good work. Also we have to come up with ideads in the versus forum to show how good AF is like the AF and JSA fight that was close. What other teams should we use to show off Canada's superhero team?

Aztek's Feats. Stealing Kyle Rayner's Ring right off his hand. and stopping a mugging by giving the muggers his lunch money! Beat that!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 09:01 PM
Dr.Fate is currently offline Click here to Send Dr.Fate a Private Message Find more posts by Dr.Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote