KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » The Ashes and the Rugby World Cup its great to be English

The Ashes and the Rugby World Cup its great to be English
Started by: Princess Diana

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by yahman
Ohhh I do !!!!!! She could show you a thing or two about 'rucking' and 'mauling'

Somebody call the WAAAAAhhhhmmmbulance. We got a pair of whiney brits hitting critical condition...

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:24 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by 8bitChris
You can't talk about it if you've never done it now can you?

I'd put money on that fact that wearing pads and going full contact with a helmet on would cause much more physical exertion than running around in shorts and a t-shirt.

But what do I know? All I use is common sense.

I wonder what professional sporting scouts would say about your Atheletic Ability Princess? Since you're so quick to mock the NFL's i'll assume that you are an olympic caliber athelete.

No but I played Rugby for University of London and if you check out the sporting injuries thread from the Sports forum months ago will see I blew my knees out playing smile I coach 15 year olds for a pretty decent club in South London twice once a week now smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:25 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Somebody call the WAAAAAhhhhmmmbulance. We got a pair of whiney brits hitting critical condition...

Sorry was that a retourt ??????? confused smile

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:25 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

no arguments from the American but thats no suprise they never play games the rest of the world play - scared to lose I guess smile

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:26 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Originally posted by yahman
Sorry was that a retourt ??????? confused smile

I was trying to do something a little more witty than the standard "mama" jokes. smile

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:27 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was trying to do something a little more witty than the standard "mama" jokes. smile

It looks like you failed there ! smile

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:31 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Originally posted by Princess Diana
no arguments from the American but thats no suprise they never play games the rest of the world play - scared to lose I guess smile

What do you mean? We play almost every sport in the world here. Probably not a lot of cricket or Curling but who could blame us?

American football is probably the one sport that is predominantly only played here in the U.S. (There is a European and Canadian league for the sport though.)

Basketball and Baseball have both established themselves as world sports.

Our hockey league is the premiere hockey league in the World?

We have a professional soccer league; though i'll admit, it's not in the same class as the European or South American leagues. But our World Cup team still does a respectible job every four years.

What sport are we not playing that the rest of the world playing? Last time I checked we always do pretty decent in the Olympics...

I'm just confused here...

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:34 PM
Deano

soccer is the best, lets leave it at that.
american football is boring. rugby is miles more exciting

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:36 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

What do you mean? We play almost every sport in the world here. Probably not a lot of cricket or Curling but who could blame us?

American football is probably the one sport that is predominantly played here in the U.S.

Basketball and Baseball have both established themselves as world sports.

Our hockey league is the premiere hockey league in the World?

We have a professional soccer league; though i'll admit, it's not in the same class as the European or South American leagues. But our World Cup team still does a respectible job every four years.

What sport are we not playing that the rest of the world playing? Last time I checked we always do pretty decent in the Olympics...

I'm just confused here...

Yes huge crowds go to watch basketball outside the US - The basketball world Cup is a highlight in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and South America's calender laughing out loud

Baseball sure is on a par with Cricket Worldwide laughing out loud

Right.............

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:37 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Deano
soccer is the best, lets leave it at that.
american football is boring. rugby is miles more exciting

I prefer Rugby but as you knw I love Football (Soccer) and Gridiron is shit smile

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:38 PM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

To me, Soccer is boring. Honestly, how can anyone take so much excitement in games where scoring is a rarity?

Soccer has the largest fanbase in the world but I just can't watch it. Not enough happens and all of what does happen is repetative.

The most exciting thing is the shoot out. And that is a rarity as well.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:38 PM
Deano

basketball beats cricket
american football beats cricket
rugby beats american football
soccer owns all

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:40 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

basketball beats cricket
american football beats cricket
rugby beats american football
soccer owns all

I hate Basketball, love football, adore Rugby more than anything.
I can stomach Cricket sometimes laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:41 PM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Originally posted by Princess Diana
Yes huge crowds go to watch basketball outside the US - The basketball world dup is a highlight in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and South America's calender laughing out loud

Baseball sure is on a par with Cricket Worldwide laughing out loud

Right.............

Cricket?

What? Baseball is played in Asia, Europe, All over the Pacific, and Largely in Latin America.

heck there was even a Saudi Arabian team in the LLWS...?

You say it's not played more that cricket? Not you're just being biased. Biased for a sissy sport.

It's also a little ignorant not to acknowledge the amount of Basketball being played in Europe isn't it?

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:43 PM
Deano

To me, Soccer is boring. Honestly, how can anyone take so much excitement in games where scoring is a rarity?

Soccer has the largest fanbase in the world but I just can't watch it. Not enough happens and all of what does happen is repetative.

then you know very little, why do you need lots of goals to make the game more exciting? it helps but its not what makes the game special. ive saw tons of exciting 0-0 games. some games are boring but the majority are not, maybe if you watch european games where the quality is higher instead of major league soccer. its the quality of the game, not the quantity of goals.
maybe you should ponder on why soccer has the biggest fanbase in the world. theres a reason for that

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:43 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mate i disagree completely ..... To much of a good thing arguement. Cum on you must know what im getting at 'Eight Bit' ? smile

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:44 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cricket?

What? Baseball is played in Asia, Europe, All over the Pacific, and Largely in Latin America.

You say it's not played more that cricket? Not you're just being biased. Biased for a sissy sport.

It's also a little ignorant not to acknowledge the amount of Basketball being played in Europe isn't it?

India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Australia etc = Cricket
Sissy sport look up Bodyline, the ball is actually aimed at players, they had hardly any padding then, people died, doesn't happen in Baseball - India alone has more people and Cricket is big in China.

Basketball World Cup? When?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:46 PM
Deano

Cricket?

cricket is just plain boring, same with baseball. ive always said that if the action in american football flowed alot more like rugby. then the game would be better. i dont like watching the game being stopped every 5 minutes followed by watching the teams discuss tactics,tactics which should be discussed before the game. its just pure boring and there is not much excitement like in soccer where you can watch club and country take each other on in many gripping, tense and exciting games.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:47 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

then you know very little, why do you need lots of goals to make the game more exciting? it helps but its not what makes the game special. ive saw tons of exciting 0-0 games. some games are boring but the majority are not, maybe if you watch european games where the quality is higher instead of major league soccer. its the quality of the game, not the quantity of goals.
maybe you should ponder on why soccer has the biggest fanbase in the world. theres a reason for that

Soccer is the most easily accessible game and easiest to play - It is the hardest to play really well smile For every Pele or Maradona you have a countless Vinny Jones and Vinny was an OK player much better than most of us.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:48 PM
GCG
Red Bull

what team you support Lady Di ?

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:49 PM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote