KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Have you ever thought you were born in the wrong time period?

Have you ever thought you were born in the wrong time period?
Started by: WindDancer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by silver_tears
I would love to have been born in the 50s

No you wouldn't.

Bow before your new ruler...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 02:56 AM
EsteemedLeader is currently offline Click here to Send EsteemedLeader a Private Message Find more posts by EsteemedLeader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

How would you know wacko

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 02:56 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because, there's only one reason you want to go to the fifties.

Do you know what it is?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 02:57 AM
EsteemedLeader is currently offline Click here to Send EsteemedLeader a Private Message Find more posts by EsteemedLeader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

No no expression

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 02:58 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because it's different from this time period.

If you were born in the fifties, it wouldn't be 'different'.

See what I mean? You might want currently to travel back to the fifties because you grew up in the now, but if you were BORN in the fifties, nothing would be unusual.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:00 AM
silver_tears

I just think my kind of personality would be better fit in the 50s

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:02 AM
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

You wouldn't have the same personality. It would be completely different.

And you wouldn't actually be in the fifties, since you'd only be 1 to 10 years old. You'd actually be in the sixties and seventies.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:06 AM
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

In the 50s you would be expected to be a stay at home mom, could you deal with that?

There's perks and downsides to every generation. The 50s were alot more grateful for what they had, because it wasn't much, they were just getting over the depression, and people were very conservative do to just getting over world war 2 and prohibition.. It was both a peaceful and stressful time. Men were men and women were women. SpellJammer isn't saying it was bad, but it's something we being born in the midsts of femenist movements and affirmative action could not perceive as anything less then hell..

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:07 AM
Spelljammer is currently offline Click here to Send Spelljammer a Private Message Find more posts by Spelljammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Yeah, you might think you want to be born in a different time period, but you don't.

None of you do.

Yes I do. I have many reasons for wanting to be born in a different era.
Those are;

1. Music was changing, it was fresh, artist played their instruments (I'm not dogging 'new' artists there definitely are some good ones out now) music had a new sound which is being ripoff now. Just growing up around music (specially genres like Rock and Funk) would be good.

2. Just like music, classic movies that we take for granted now, we would be able to see in cinemas. Instead of having to wait every blue moon for a good movie to be released.

3. WOW! who cares if I wouldn't be a kid around the time Video games became popular or the age of technology. I basically hate video games and technology now-a-days is great I advocate for it all the time, but I'd still be around for it. I wouldn't be missing much at all.

4. I feel like I don't belong here personally, and that's something you have NO say against since you have no idea who I am/or me.

Last edited by Kram3r on Oct 22nd, 2005 at 03:19 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:16 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nevermind
Those are;

1. Music was changing, it was fresh, artist played their instruments (I'm not dogging 'new' artist there definitely are some good ones out now) music had a new sound which is being ripoff now. Just growing up around music (specially genres like Rock and Funk) would be good.

2. Just like music, classic movies that we take for granted now, we would be able to see in cinemas. Instead of having to wait every blue moon for a good movie to be released.

3. WOW! who cares if I wouldn't be a kid around the time Video games became popular or the age of technology. I basically hate video games and technology now-a-days is great I advocate for it all the time, but I'd still been around for it. I wouldn't be missing much at all.

4. I feel like I don't belong here personally, and that's something you have NO say against since you have no idea who I am, or me.

You still wouldn't want to be born in another timeline.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:17 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

Those are;

1. Music was changing, it was fresh, artist played their instruments (I'm not dogging 'new' artist there definitely are some good ones out now) music had a new sound which is being ripoff now. Just growing up around music (specially genres like Rock and Funk) would be good.

eh...people listen to music or watch movies of previous time periods and wonder why so much of what comes out now is bad as compared to before. In truth, you look back and remember the better things because it's those songs and movies that have survived the decades and still seen as "good", where there was undoubtedly its share of unoriginal or just bad works back then

I'm a signature!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:20 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Spearhead
eh...people listen to music or watch movies of previous time periods and wonder why so much of what comes out now is bad as compared to before. In truth, you look back and remember the better things because it's those songs and movies that have survived the decades and still seen as "good", where there was undoubtedly its share of unoriginal or just bad works back then

Indeed. There was a 'mainstream' back then too.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:21 AM
Kram3r

You still wouldn't want to be born in another timeline.

Try reading 4. I think you missed it.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:23 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Try reading 4. I think you missed it.

That doesn't even make sense...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:24 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

We're not saying you're wrong about 4 confused rather, pointing out some common misconceptions of the "good ol' days"

I'm a signature!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:24 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

People didn't whine as much in the 50s..

SPELLJAMMER SHOULD'VE BEEN IN THE 50S! stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:31 AM
Spelljammer is currently offline Click here to Send Spelljammer a Private Message Find more posts by Spelljammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

I've read this over 4 times and it's sort of making sense, that is if you're trying to say that people back in those days also compared like we do today, with music, movie etc, and that there was sh*t that was bad back then too, and the good stuff is the only stuff you seen because it has survived.

If that is your point, so what? every decade has its bad points, But some have a majority over others, like the 00's for example. I wouldn't mind some bad sh*t for some great culture.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:36 AM
Kram3r

Indeed. There was a 'mainstream' back then too.

Yeah but mainstream was better back then, than it is today.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:38 AM
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah but mainstream was better back then, than it is today.

No, it was just as mainstream, in fact even more so, back then.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:39 AM
Kram3r

We're not saying you're wrong about 4 confused rather, pointing out some common misconceptions of the "good ol' days"

You're not. EsteemedLeader is.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:40 AM