KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Have you ever thought you were born in the wrong time period?

Have you ever thought you were born in the wrong time period?
Started by: WindDancer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

1970 so i could rock on in the 80's

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:42 AM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

quote: (post)
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
That doesn't even make sense...

4. towards the end was poorly constructed true, but the general Idea should have gotten across. This thread is based entirely on opinion. 'Have YOU ever thought you were born in the wrong time period?'
That is a personal question, in which you have NO say over on others thoughts. Plus you have no idea who I am so your comment on my thoughts are totally invalid, nor are you me so again your comments on my thoughts about my thoughts being wrong are invalid.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:46 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
No, it was just as mainstream, in fact even more so, back then.

Whether or not it was more mainstream is irrelevant to what I said. I said it was better being again MY OPINION. Plus there is nothing wrong with it being more mainstream. I hate 00's mainstream (more or less) not the 70's.

Last edited by Kram3r on Oct 22nd, 2005 at 03:55 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:51 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Originally posted by Nevermind
I've read this over 4 times and it's sort of making sense, that is if you're trying to say that people back in those days also compared like we do today, with music, movie etc, and that there was sh*t that was bad back then too, and the good stuff is the only stuff you seen because it has survived.

If that is your point, so what? every decade has its bad points, But some have a majority over others, like the 00's for example. I wouldn't mind some bad sh*t for some great culture.

Don't idealize what happened before just if you weren't a part of it. In truth, it's no better than now.
Originally posted by Nevermind
You're not. EsteemedLeader is.

He brought up the point, I elaborated.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:52 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

This is the point, right now you are thinking that all the stuff you have is old, out of date, and shit like that. If you were born in the year 3000, you would start thinking the stuff you had then sucked, and that you would rather be born in 4000, and etc...

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:57 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by Spearhead
Don't idealize what happened before just if you weren't a part of it. In truth, it's no better than now.

How would you know? You were born the same year I was.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:57 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

Well, somewhere along the line, you've got this great big assumption that the 50's were way better than the way they are now. You're judging this from the idolized music, movies, and some feeling you have that you "don't belong" in modern day. Do I know for sure? Of course not. Yet, we've had 50 years of progress to make up for what was wrong then. We've got a long way to go, but when compared to modern day, it seems really silly to want to go back so badly to a time period that you have no personal experiene with.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 04:03 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Well, somewhere along the line, you've got this great big assumption that the 50's were way better than the way they are now. You're judging this from the idolized music, movies, and some feeling you have that you "don't belong" in modern day. Do I know for sure? Of course not.

1. First off, if you bothered to read my first post, I said that I'd like to be born in the mid-late 70s, not the 50's.

2. The 70s were better (IMO) with music, movies etc. That would be my reason for wanting to be born then. That's why I'm judging it from that perspective, of course sh*t like medicine and science have gotten better than before they will continue to get better it's how we evolve. In the 70's medicine was better than it was before 30 years from then.

Yet, we've had 50 years of progress to make up for what was wrong then. We've got a long way to go, but when compared to modern day, it seems really silly to want to go back so badly to a time period that you have no personal experiene with.

3. Most of this is not relevant. Who cares about progress and the sh*t we did wrong then?

4. I've had personal experiences with the 70's I've heard their music seem the movies, love the culture. That was my experience from what I seen and hear, that's reason enough for me to say so.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 09:20 AM
Kate_21

Hi, Sorry to bother you guys, but can you please help me try to find the name of a film im looking for, i haven't seen it since a kid, i can only remember a few things about it. Right here goes-

- I thing it's a mid 80's to early 90's US film.

- It has a song in it by "David Bowie" called "ashes to ashes".

- One of the scenes is in some kind of designers place with loads of model dummies or Mannequins

- The eyes of the zombies/robots change colour to red or pink i think.

- The main character's girlfriend turns into one.

- I think he kills her in the end in some kind of lake or something, by stabbing her in the chest with a metal pole if i remember?

Thats all i can honestly remember about the film. I have been searching for ages now but cant find it as i don't know the name of it, lol. if you know what im talking about or vaguely remember the name i would love to know.

thanxs

kate xx

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 09:21 AM
Kate_21 is currently offline Click here to Send Kate_21 a Private Message Find more posts by Kate_21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by Kate_21
Hi, Sorry to bother you guys, but can you please help me try to find the name of a film im looking for, i haven't seen it since a kid, i can only remember a few things about it. Right here goes-

- I thing it's a mid 80's to early 90's US film.

- It has a song in it by "David Bowie" called "ashes to ashes".

- One of the scenes is in some kind of designers place with loads of model dummies or Mannequins

- The eyes of the zombies/robots change colour to red or pink i think.

- The main character's girlfriend turns into one.

- I think he kills her in the end in some kind of lake or something, by stabbing her in the chest with a metal pole if i remember?

Thats all i can honestly remember about the film. I have been searching for ages now but cant find it as i don't know the name of it, lol. if you know what im talking about or vaguely remember the name i would love to know.

thanxs

kate xx

Why you would post that in this thread I'll never know, but there is a thread that can help you in Movie Trivia.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f32/t320428.html

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 09:27 AM
Hazardous

And stop spamming please, you dont need to post it in every thread..

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 09:28 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kate_21

And I forget
Just what it takes
And yet I guess it makes me smile
I found it hard
Its hard to find
Oh well, whatever, NEVERMIND.
Cheers babe xx

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 09:31 AM
Kate_21 is currently offline Click here to Send Kate_21 a Private Message Find more posts by Kate_21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Kate_21, it' s of no use to post your question here in the OTF. You' ll only have a chance of success in the Movie Trivia Forum.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 09:38 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Re: Have you ever thought you were born in the wrong time period?

Originally posted by WindDancer
I should have been born in the year 3000.

Just imagine the things I'm missing for being born in 1976! I won't be able to play with the Xbox Revolutions version Z-1000. Or fly the new Chevy Sports Lightspeed Sedan. And I won't be able to wear the latest fashion in thermodynamic Dimension teleporter suits.

This sucks! mad

Yeah, I won't be able to enjoy the Sonic version of the G.D.T.S.W.M.B. erm

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 09:39 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Originally posted by Storm
Kate_21, it' s of no use to post your question here in the OTF. You' ll only have a chance of success in the Movie Trivia Forum.

You didnt type your little Cesterum whatever stuff you normally type

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 09:40 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Not when I have to make something clear.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 09:43 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I'm pretty much spot on I think. I'd hate to have been born any later than mid-eighties. I don't envy people younger than me, because they just don't have it as good. The future is f*cked and I won't be around to see it. Thank God.

Apart from being where I am right now, I'd probably pick the 50's, the heyday of my grandparents.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Oct 22nd, 2005 at 11:08 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 11:06 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by Red Superfly
I'm pretty much spot on I think. I'd hate to have been born any later than mid-eighties. I don't envy people younger than me, because they just don't have it as good. The future is f*cked and I won't be around to see it. Thank God.

Apart from being where I am right now, I'd probably pick the 50's, the heyday of my grandparents.

The future is f*cked???? I doubt it. erm

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 12:15 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by 2Tidus!
This is the point, right now you are thinking that all the stuff you have is old, out of date, and shit like that. If you were born in the year 3000, you would start thinking the stuff you had then sucked, and that you would rather be born in 4000, and etc...

I'm a sucker for newest technological gadgets. That's why I should have been born somewhere in the future. But then the future becomes the present...and then the present becomes the past.......

.....Mind Warp wacko

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 06:59 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I woulda loved to have been around in the 70's, so I could see all of the classic horror films I love on the big screen when they were new.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 06:59 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote