KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Val Kilmer as Batman

Val Kilmer as Batman
Started by: lordofwar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sevenman

val kilmer sucks and bob kane knows it

'NUFF SAID.

Homer: Batman's a scientist.
Marge: IT'S NOT BATMAN!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 03:03 PM
sevenman is currently offline Click here to Send sevenman a Private Message Find more posts by sevenman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
val kilmer sucks and bob kane knows it

Bob Kane said that Van Kilmer was his favorite because he thought Kilmer sucked? Interesting...

I thought Batman forever had a lot of problems, but I remember Kilmer as being pretty solid, given the quality of the material.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 07:15 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Yeah its funny that Bob Kane would say Val Kilmer was his favorite if he sucked. big grin

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 07:55 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sevenman

Really? Make it sarcastic then, genius.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:25 PM
sevenman is currently offline Click here to Send sevenman a Private Message Find more posts by sevenman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Parker
He was by far a MUCH better bruce wayne/batman than keaton ever was for two things.One,he was everything that Bruce wayne is suppose to be that keaton was not.Tall,muscular build,handsome,charming,AND a full set of hair.2.He at least acted like bruce wayne being cool and suave with the women. Keaton was a horrible choice for the role because he didnt even come close to fitting the role.Bruce wayne isnt a short runt,who is half bald,with a pudgy gut,and a receding hairline.Its so laughable when people say he was the best bruce wayne/batman because not only was keaton a horrible choice because of that,but also because he didnt even act like bruce wayne.Bruce wayne isnt a rambling dolt around women like he was with kim basinger saying stupid crap like-Yes Im sure Im bruce wayne,yes,this time I am sure. Keaton ruined the image of bruce wayne big time.Clooney was as bad a choice as keaton was because he is one ugly looking dude,the guy looks like eddie munster for god sakes.

laughing

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:26 PM
Altar[1stONE] is currently offline Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sevenman

He was by far a MUCH better bruce wayne/batman than kilmer ever was for two things.One,he was everything that Bruce wayne is suppose to be that kilmer was not.Tall,muscular build,handsome,charming,AND a full set of hair.2.He at least acted like bruce wayne being cool and suave with the women. Kilmer was a horrible choice for the role because he didnt even come close to fitting the role.Bruce wayne isnt a short runt,who is half bald,with a pudgy gut,and a receding hairline.Its so laughable when people say he was the best bruce wayne/batman because not only was kilmer a horrible choice because of that,but also because he didnt even act like bruce wayne.Bruce wayne isnt a rambling dolt around women like he was with nichole kidman saying stupid crap like-Yes Im sure I broke your door,this time I am sure. Kilmer ruined the image of bruce wayne big time.Clooney was as bad a choice as kilmer was because he is one ugly looking dude,the guy looks like eddie munster for god sakes.

(fixed your typo)

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 10:55 PM
Mr Parker

I See your still having a hard time accepting the truth. stick out tongue stick out tongue laughing

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 10:58 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

(please log in to view the image)

indeed. smokin'

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 11:21 PM
Altar[1stONE] is currently offline Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sevenman

HARD TIME ACCEPTING THE TRUTH? YOU MEAN YOUR COMIC BOOK TRUTH? BECAUSE THATS REALLY ****ING TRUE. IN SOMETHING CALLED THE TRUTH.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2005 12:28 PM
Maldiny

Originally posted by Darth_Decimator
i think kilmer sucked as batman. i think if clooney had a better script he wouldve been by far the best. but now that christian bale is batman ..... i cant see anyone doing a better job than him

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 02:14 AM
Maldiny is currently offline Click here to Send Maldiny a Private Message Find more posts by Maldiny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botcherby

Val said in a recent interview in England (promoting bang bang kiss kiss) that he never wanted to do the forever storyline, he wanted what the first two batman's got or to do an origin story... but he gave props to Bale.

For me Val was great, he had the best dark sinister batman potential but the script just wasn't right. Bale is more cartoony and funky, which I like as well, I thought his representation of a young Bruce was great, but his batman voice must've hurt to pull off though, it was a bit too raspy for me, but I loved every second of the film to care.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 08:00 PM
botcherby is currently offline Click here to Send botcherby a Private Message Find more posts by botcherby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Re: Val Kilmer as Batman

Originally posted by lordofwar
Val Kilmer did a great job in Batman Forever. He was dark and mysterious. If he been given a better script, he could have been the best Batman. Any reasons why he didn't continue being the Dark Knight?

Dont know if this has been covered yet but the main reason Kilmer did not continue as Batman was because Schumacher found him very difficult to work with.There were reports that he beat up schumacher and got into fights with the screenwriters because he wanted to do a more serious batman than what they had in mind for him.Thats why George Clooney replaced him in the next film.Kilmer since then has had trouble getting work in films because of his bad reputation he now has because of that.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 10:18 PM
lordofwar

Re: Re: Val Kilmer as Batman

Originally posted by Mr Parker
Dont know if this has been covered yet but the main reason Kilmer did not continue as Batman was because Schumacher found him very difficult to work with.There were reports that he beat up schumacher and got into fights with the screenwriters because he wanted to do a more serious batman than what they had in mind for him.Thats why George Clooney replaced him in the next film.Kilmer since then has had trouble getting work in films because of his bad reputation he now has because of that.

Poor Kilmer. Damn Schumacher and his screenwriters.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 11:38 PM
lordofwar is currently offline Click here to Send lordofwar a Private Message Find more posts by lordofwar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ashrafanam

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
One of the reasons Kilmer didn't do it for me as Batman was because he didn't leave me with a memorable enough impression of Batman, so he sucks.

I don't think i remember 1 "Forever" Batman line.

It's the car, right? Chicks love the car. wink

Old Post Nov 8th, 2013 03:47 PM
ashrafanam is currently offline Click here to Send ashrafanam a Private Message Find more posts by ashrafanam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ashrafanam

I heard that creator Bob Kane said that "out of all the actors to play Batman he thought Kilmer did the best" or something like that. I just wish he was alive to see Christian Bale.

thank god he wasn't alive to see, with horror, what they did to the Batman mythos.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2013 03:52 PM
ashrafanam is currently offline Click here to Send ashrafanam a Private Message Find more posts by ashrafanam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ashrafanam

Re: Val Kilmer as Batman

Val Kilmer did a great job in Batman Forever. He was dark and mysterious. If he been given a better script, he could have been the best Batman. Any reasons why he didn't continue being the Dark Knight?

I love Burton and am a fan of Keaton's Batman and that's why I can't stand Kilmer because he was the closest one could get to Bruce Wayne and the 40's Batman. As Bruce, Val was handsome and charming, a socialite, wasn't always dark and broody. He had the best Batman voice (after Conroy), a perfect body for the role and he knew martial arts. Looking that way, Keaton becomes secondary to him and I can't stand that. Yet why I like Keaton's Batman is that he was original - his expressions, his mood, way of talking, attitude when he dons the cape and cowl. Although very opposite to the comics, I love his Bruce Wayne as broody, lost (yet not that he's not confident) and sometimes nuts. His dark side get reflected on his public persona and sometimes he does act like Bruce Wayne when he's Batman - a very complex character.

Last edited by ashrafanam on Nov 8th, 2013 at 04:17 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2013 04:14 PM
ashrafanam

Re: Re: Val Kilmer as Batman

Old Post Nov 8th, 2013 04:15 PM
forestlaw

Bale imo was the best batman. Val Kilmer as a batman was a failure.

Old Post May 21st, 2014 11:28 AM
forestlaw is currently offline Click here to Send forestlaw a Private Message Find more posts by forestlaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Val Kilmer was best BATMAN in my opinion. Was a fairly average Bruce Wayne.

Keaton was a good Wayne but a terrible Batman. Bale did a good job overall and is probably the most balanced and has an excellent Bruce Wayne.

Clooney can go die in a hole.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post May 24th, 2014 04:00 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Clooney admitted to ruining the batman and Val was worse then him.

Old Post May 24th, 2014 08:07 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote