KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tourney: Bonus Round!!

Tourney: Bonus Round!!
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

LOL

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 06:00 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Snake
The General

using the vampires enhanced senses i can "sense" where everyone is. when 8bit chris attacks, i teleport high into the air. teleport again and 8bitchris explodes.

how? everyone wonders. i pulled a pin out of the grenade and teleported it into one of his pouches. he explodes not even knowing why he died.

when i reappear my sword is drawn for defense. i ahve reappeared behind jplatinum and take him with me on a teleporting journey. the first teleport puts him infront of shadow warrior, where i leave him. i telport again searching for my next victim

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 12:40 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

As you continue to blip around wreaking havok, you'll eventually find yourself getting shot through the head from ambush with the anti-metal bullet we each get. At some point GODLIKE's prescience will let him guess where you're about to appear and get the drop on you.

A single bullet to the brain won't kill Deacon, but while he's recovering GODLIKE will bite his own lip, rush up, open both our helmets, and give the Deacon a literal Kiss of Death. GODLIKE carries the blood of an immortal (Benedict). Congratulations, Bloodscream's vampirism is cured, and the Deacon will crumble to dust.

If for some reason, that didn't work, or if someone else were bearing down to attack, I could simply chop you in half right down the middle and move on.

Last edited by Laminator_X on Oct 24th, 2005 at 01:27 PM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 01:25 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Snake
The General

nice try, but as i can "sense" where u are im not gonna teleport into someones line of sight. thankx for teh concern though

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 03:32 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

Hmm, I dunno. Keeping track of rough positions via enhanced senses I can buy. Keeping track of half a dozen guys exact positions and relative orientations across 50 acres of dense forest and rolling hills? Not so much.

You'd have to be some sort of clairevoyant tactical genius to do something even close to that. wink

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 05:50 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Laminator_X
You'd have to be some sort of clairevoyant tactical genius to do something even close to that. wink

yeah..... but luckily for you all my character isn't a loser like the rest of you so you don't have to worry about it

big grin

(please log in to view the image)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 06:37 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

That poor kid!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 07:11 PM
Solidus Snake
The General

50 acres is a big place fella

and i didnt say taht i was teleporting over the trees or something like that.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 08:08 PM
Laminator_X

Sure that's fine, but you won't be able to see everyone through the forest canapy, nor smell/hear like Bloodscream usually can if you're wearing Athro's helmet. You could probably see/find where a fight's underway (before you started to fall) with no problems, but beyond that your precision will be limited.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 08:16 PM
Solidus Snake
The General

look at my file from the last touney....i can do um just fine.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 08:18 PM
Laminator_X

Ah, OK. Helmet that doesn't impede. My bad.

The probblem with your strategy is that this is a very complex environment. Finding one opponent in a dark empty baseball stadium is nothing like tracking six guys through 50 acres of hilly forest.

Smell and hearing are dependant upon air currents. Wind and temperature variation cause scents and sounds to bend and drift. Unless you're close by, the best you can do is know the general direction something is in, and a rough idea of distance. Sure you could track and eventually zero in on somebody, but only by following their trail. Senses other than sight just arent sufficiently precise longer ranges to pinpoint someone's position the way you're describing.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 08:44 PM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Originally posted by Solidus Snake
using the vampires enhanced senses i can "sense" where everyone is. when 8bit chris attacks, i teleport high into the air. teleport again and 8bitchris explodes.

how? everyone wonders. i pulled a pin out of the grenade and teleported it into one of his pouches. he explodes not even knowing why he died.

when i reappear my sword is drawn for defense. i ahve reappeared behind jplatinum and take him with me on a teleporting journey. the first teleport puts him infront of shadow warrior, where i leave him. i telport again searching for my next victim

You didn't teleport anything to me. My spidey sensed warned me an attack was coming and I moved out of the area before you could even arrive in it.

Spotting you above, I wrap your arms and legs in razor webbing and quickly remove them.

"I wonder if a torso can teleport?"

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 09:35 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Snake
The General

u wouldnt spot me in midair...im not hovering

i come and go in a split second

by the time ur webbing got there id be gone

hobgoblin punked him up pretty good, and hes an ordinary human. i am more than a human. the grenade would blow up before the webbing left ur hand

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 10:42 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

My absolute favorite part of the macth so far was EsteemedLeader saying he'd take Kirbilactus' head and using it's nigh-unbreakable properties as a shield. Pure genius. laughing

It will be assumed that Kirbilactus' head weighs Class Infinite and only by "Leaguing Up" can HKH lift it...the rest of you can't. And Flash Prime's head is so fast that it doesn't actually exist...it just looks like it does....so no dice there either. laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 01:51 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by DigiMark007
My absolute favorite part of the macth so far was EsteemedLeader saying he'd take Kirbilactus' head and using it's nigh-unbreakable properties as a shield. Pure genius. laughing

It will be assumed that Kirbilactus' head weighs Class Infinite and only by "Leaguing Up" can HKH lift it...the rest of you can't. And Flash Prime's head is so fast that it doesn't actually exist...it just looks like it does....so no dice there either. laughing out loud

But if one could harness the head's now latent energies, and use it's mystical, omniverse devouring power for themselves...

All shall fear the might... of Rainbow Bright! (heehee, that rhymes)

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 02:14 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

Can we pull off a tournament win if we can team up to take down HKH?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 03:52 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by Laminator_X
Can we pull off a tournament win if we can team up to take down HKH?

I volunteer myself as GODLIKE's first fanboy... When I'm done, he'll be right up there with Wolverine: Transcending the concept of "leagues", and therefore defeating HKH.

I'll start here:

Precog? Class 100 strength? Superspeed, and skills to match? This guy would totally beat the crap out of the Hulk... (next stop, Darkseid... then Thanos... then... EVERYTHING!)

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 03:55 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'm not convinced that Godlike would have class 100 strength, though he'd definitely be stronger than most. And the pre-cog is a bit vague...I realize it would be good, but it can't be used as a catch-all for any incoming attack. It would act as sort of a slightly enhanced spider-sense, with possible other benefits like knowing some things about your opponents.

In any case, Lam's the only one who has posted a good body of debate just yet, and with Dizzle essentially helping Godlike, right now the battle's a bit one-sided. Some other people better get their act together if they want to have a chance...(also, a noticeable absence of KVD thus far...he seemed to have a decent shot). Dizzle and Lam have pretty much teamed up...it might be a good idea for others to start that as well... smile

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 04:52 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'm not convinced that Godlike would have class 100 strength, though he'd definitely be stronger than most. And the pre-cog is a bit vague...I realize it would be good, but it can't be used as a catch-all for any incoming attack. It would act as sort of a slightly enhanced spider-sense, with possible other benefits like knowing some things about your opponents.

In any case, Lam's the only one who has posted a good body of debate just yet, and with Dizzle essentially helping Godlike, right now the battle's a bit one-sided. Some other people better get their act together if they want to have a chance...(also, a noticeable absence of KVD thus far...he seemed to have a decent shot). Dizzle and Lam have pretty much teamed up...it might be a good idea for others to start that as well... smile

yup... just like I pointed out a week ago.. people should have made alliances to ensure their own survival...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 06:18 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

My strength estimate is based on the rather conservative assumtion that if a ten year old boy with the sandtrout carapace/symbiote gets boosted 100x-200x to 5+ tons, Benedict's much stronger body with the same carapace will only get between 4x to 6x strength. Diminishing returns and all. Given that these things eventually become Sandworms, I don't think I'm in danger of hitting a hard maximum.

Dreadstar's sword, being neither biological or mechanical, suffers no effieciency decrease for a stronger subject, and has at times in his career been a 40x or more boost. Here we're sticking with 10x.

Depending on what assumptions you make about Leto II's strength pre/post symbiosis, you could get numbers far beyond Class 100.

An honorable mention should go to the first amalgam that I rip in half like a wishbone!

Last edited by Laminator_X on Oct 25th, 2005 at 12:07 PM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 11:59 AM