KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tourney: Bonus Round!!

Tourney: Bonus Round!!
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Kirbilactus cannot die! He eats death... like marshmallows... it only makes him more puffy, more pink and more powerful.

The head you have is nothing more than a shell - though immeasurable power is still within it to be harnessed - simply because it was once inhabited by Kirbilactus. Kirbilactus lives. And will continue to devour until there is no more to devour.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 12:10 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Kirbilactus cannot die! He eats death... like marshmallows... it only makes him more puffy, more pink and more powerful.

The head you have is nothing more than a shell - though immeasurable power is still within it to be harnessed - simply because it was once inhabited by Kirbilactus. Kirbilactus lives. And will continue to devour until there is no more to devour.
Thats my boy always eating I wonder when he will soon realize he has an eating disorder and will get help.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 12:11 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Somebody mentioned cluster-bombing an ongoing fight and it got me thinking...

If nothing else, with 7 people in this fight, one can conjure a rather insane image of all these amalgams running around in an epic battle, even if it's in a large space. I, for one, am amused.

And yeah, the team-up tactic seems to have worked. Props to Dizzle for sacrificing his chances to improve another's chances....we'll see if it ends up working or not.

P.S. More strategies! Some have barely shown themselves so far in the fight. I remember having to type out counters to 4-5 people twice a day in my bonus round (last tourney)...and not even being the top poster (Sentry and SF took those honors...and SF nearly won).

Last edited by Digi on Oct 25th, 2005 at 09:21 PM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 09:00 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

The winner of the 7-person melee last tournament was going to the semi's, so thus, more contested. Well, that's what I think anyway...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 10:39 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

It was quiet, too quiet...

JPLATINUM, I'M CALLIN' YOU OUT!

After shoting down Mauler, GODLIKE is chasing down Lil' Kirbilactus. He's the next fastest guy in the match and I'm going to cut him out from the herd and run him down. I'm pickin up an unbrakeable main-gauche to go with Vanth's sword and showing Lil K what swordplay's all about.

Anyone tries to take advantage and jack me, don't even think about it. I'll only break off and focus on you instead!

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 12:00 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by K Von Doom
The winner of the 7-person melee last tournament was going to the semi's, so thus, more contested. Well, that's what I think anyway...

I like this way, personally. The trading thing would make a win from this round a bit cheap. It's still fun though, and still gives an actual incentive. Also, if you got knocked out in the first round, is it really likely that you survive the semis and finals without improving your charcter at all?

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 12:01 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

Perhaps I'm being selfish? Dizzle would you care to wet your blades on Lil'Kirbilcactus? I wouldn't want to deprive you of the opportunity to show what Rainbow Brite is made of against another master swordsman?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 12:31 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by Laminator_X
Perhaps I'm being selfish? Dizzle would you care to wet your blades on Lil'Kirbilcactus? I wouldn't want to deprive you of the opportunity to show what Rainbow Brite is made of against another master swordsman?

Meh, if I have to... He IS the only one I can definitly beat... Sure, I'll have a go.

For the record, 2nd fastest isn't necessarily true. Several of Kenshin's physical betters (including a dude who copied the Hiten Mitsurugi style from him) were mowed down with a primitive gattling gun. He's agile, but as far as ground speed goes, he's nothing special. 10 bucks says, should he arrive, JP says "but he stood on Sanosuke's sword!" Which he did... He dodged a vertical slash, then grabbed onto the blade as Sano tried to reverse it into a diagonal slash. Agility, dexterity. Drizzt and Nightcrawler each beat the crap out of him for both.

As far as sword skills, Kenshin's a beast. But he's no Drizzt. Drizzt, being the elf who fights multiple century-old, battle hardened warriors simulataneously and wins. Then there's Nightcrawler, who also trained in swordsmanship with 6 or 7 opponents. He's also got 3 swords to Kenshin's one. If he decides to keep his morals, and the steel reverse blade sword, a good chop from my above-peak human strength (yes, Nightcrawler is above peak human strength) will likely snap it in half.

As to a strategy... Grab two extra swords. Port behind him, throw a sword with my foot. (I got NC's body, btw) Port above him, repeat. Port behind him again, and hack at him. Between two swords flying at him from different angles, my masterful swordsmanship/optic blasts, and my natural agility and dexterity, he's gon' die. Or I could nix that and keep randomly teleporting in circles around him and blasting. Liu Kang isn't exactly the most durable of kids, one hit should be plenty.

FEAR RAINBOW BRIGHT!!!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 12:50 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

FEAR!!!

Attachment: rainbow_bright.jpg
This has been downloaded 83 time(s).

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 01:22 AM
Laminator_X

Wow, Legwarmers of Speed!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 01:28 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Hey, Legwarmers are IT in rainbowland this year... And that's speed AND bunnies. Legwarmers of speed and bunnies. ...Don't ask.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 01:44 AM
Laminator_X

Let's get some more action!

Since Rainbow seems to have Lil'K. in his sights, I will turn my attention to the not currently engaged Shadow Warrior 2099. What've you got KVD?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 04:13 AM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by Dizzle
I like this way, personally. The trading thing would make a win from this round a bit cheap. It's still fun though, and still gives an actual incentive. Also, if you got knocked out in the first round, is it really likely that you survive the semis and finals without improving your charcter at all?

Against another opponent. In a different environment. With different tactics. Probably.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 05:18 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

Against another opponent. In a different environment. With different tactics. Probably.

Heck, that's true of most of us, really. Noone in the entire tourney had even heard of my biggest asset. That's a tough row to hoe.

So anyway, I'm slowing down enough to move quietly. Thanks to my prescience I can find you with relative ease, while your Spider Sense 2099 is oblivious to my approach. Taking a bead on you with my Radium Laser...

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 05:52 AM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Heck, that's true of most of us, really.

Well, that's what I was saying smile

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 05:58 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Dizzle
Meh, if I have to... He IS the only one I can definitly beat... Sure, I'll have a go.

For the record, 2nd fastest isn't necessarily true. Several of Kenshin's physical betters (including a dude who copied the Hiten Mitsurugi style from him) were mowed down with a primitive gattling gun. He's agile, but as far as ground speed goes, he's nothing special. 10 bucks says, should he arrive, JP says "but he stood on Sanosuke's sword!" Which he did... He dodged a vertical slash, then grabbed onto the blade as Sano tried to reverse it into a diagonal slash. Agility, dexterity. Drizzt and Nightcrawler each beat the crap out of him for both.

As far as sword skills, Kenshin's a beast. But he's no Drizzt. Drizzt, being the elf who fights multiple century-old, battle hardened warriors simulataneously and wins. Then there's Nightcrawler, who also trained in swordsmanship with 6 or 7 opponents. He's also got 3 swords to Kenshin's one. If he decides to keep his morals, and the steel reverse blade sword, a good chop from my above-peak human strength (yes, Nightcrawler is above peak human strength) will likely snap it in half.

As to a strategy... Grab two extra swords. Port behind him, throw a sword with my foot. (I got NC's body, btw) Port above him, repeat. Port behind him again, and hack at him. Between two swords flying at him from different angles, my masterful swordsmanship/optic blasts, and my natural agility and dexterity, he's gon' die. Or I could nix that and keep randomly teleporting in circles around him and blasting. Liu Kang isn't exactly the most durable of kids, one hit should be plenty.

FEAR RAINBOW BRIGHT!!!

Wait one freakin minutie........ we can use anime characters ?

DAMN YOU , GUY WHO MAKES UP RULES WHICH I HAVE YET TO FULLY SEE DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

..........oh and my votes for rainbow bright , gotta love those legwarmers of speed.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 10:36 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

So anyway, I'm slowing down enough to move quietly. Thanks to my prescience I can find you with relative ease, while your Spider Sense 2099 is oblivious to my approach. Taking a bead on you with my Radium Laser...

ZAP! Easy headshot since my approach was undetected. Again, a single shot may not be enough to finish Darkhawk's robot-body. GODLIKE quickly close on the reeling Shadow Warrior 2099 and dispatch him with two uber-strong slashes from Dreadstar's sword. I then dash into the forest with a quickness leaving the four pieces that used to be Shadow Warrior 2099 where they fell.

Hulk-Killer Humanoid will have quite the macabre collection of lawn ornaments by the time I'm done!

Last edited by Laminator_X on Oct 26th, 2005 at 01:17 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 01:12 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by grey fox
Wait one freakin minutie........ we can use anime characters ?

DAMN YOU , GUY WHO MAKES UP RULES WHICH I HAVE YET TO FULLY SEE DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

..........oh and my votes for rainbow bright , gotta love those legwarmers of speed.

Yeah, all characters who fit inside the tourney limits were allowed. GODLIKE only has one comic character...

And woohoo! It's 1-nil-nil-nil-nil-nil-nil, in favor of Rainbow Bright. FEAR THE COLORS!!!

Attachment: rainbow_bright.jpg
This has been downloaded 55 time(s).

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 09:11 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Well, that's what I was saying smile

Hey KVD...um, you're in this match. For how much you've posted, none of it ahs been strategy...just found it a bit curious.

Though I see your point...last tourney we could come back and win the thing...I didn't want that happening this time, but also wanted to have some fun, but it probably made less incentive for everyone. Holy run-on sentence Batman! Anyway, point taken, but a chance for 3rd should still be coveted, or at least I would if I were still in it.

Last edited by Digi on Oct 26th, 2005 at 10:55 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 10:53 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Hey KVD...um, you're in this match.

I know. roll eyes (sarcastic) I hope Rainbow Bright wins. shifty

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 11:14 PM