KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » IW vs Telepaths

IW vs Telepaths
Started by: xmarksthespot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Perhaps the whole "No, I'm in YOUR head" was her using his telepathy against him.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 12:28 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<See the problem here? It's not our job to prove she DOESN'T have a power. It's your job to prove she does.>>

why is your claim she can't less susceptible to the burden of proof than ours that she can?

i've showed she CAN vblock aspects of psionic energy. it is an assumption on everyone else's part that somehow tp psionic energy is different from other energy. for your part, you've given no evidence she can't. SOME evidence>no evidence.

at best, the thing that can be concluded is that the whole thing is inconclusive. you can no more prove she can't than we can that she can.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 01:45 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

So she blocks tp but its PIS now? *shaking head* And he says we are the fanboys...

Even though Jean may not have had tp in that instance, isnt it curious how her powers were just shut down by IW's field? She was pushing TK energy against IW's field...her powers were just shut down or the field was purely immune to it. TK is still a form of psionic energy...if her TK couldnt get through her tp would probably be shut down just as well. And then there's Psi-Lord...and the Watchers too...I think its evident that the field can filter just about any form of energy if she tries.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 03:53 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smaxxer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wynndar
Onslaught used TP to make himself invisible yet IW was able to make him visible? Here u go again misconstruing the facts.

Did Onslaught use telepathy to make himself invisible ? I just thought he, you know, "made" himself invisible, no telepathy.

And when attacking the FF (and some X-Men and Avengers), Onslaught used a telepathic attack to take everybody out, even though everybody was prepared for an attack.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 04:12 PM
Smaxxer is currently offline Click here to Send Smaxxer a Private Message Find more posts by Smaxxer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smaxxer

Even though Jean may not have had tp in that instance, isnt it curious how her powers were just shut down by IW's field? She was pushing TK energy against IW's field...her powers were just shut down or the field was purely immune to it. TK is still a form of psionic energy...if her TK couldnt get through her tp would probably be shut down just as well.

That was a very very confused Jean against a ready to fight IW.

(Don't get me wrong, IW > Jean).

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 04:14 PM
Smaxxer is currently offline Click here to Send Smaxxer a Private Message Find more posts by Smaxxer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Originally posted by Smaxxer
Did Onslaught use telepathy to make himself invisible ? I just thought he, you know, "made" himself invisible, no telepathy.

And when attacking the FF (and some X-Men and Avengers), Onslaught used a telepathic attack to take everybody out, even though everybody was prepared for an attack.

Onslaught was going around four freedoms tower using tp to make illusions when people tried to fight him. i.e. people thought they were fighting him when he wasnt actually there. He even admitted himself that he couldnt beat Lyja with tp because of her unfamiliar alien mind. Im not sure "invisibility" is one of Onslaught's powers...

I dont think this proves anything concerning what IW can do to a telepath...Im just saying what happened...she removed the illusion that he wasnt there and Bishop was able to attack him directly.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 04:23 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

So she blocks tp but its PIS now? *shaking head* And he says we are the fanboys...

Even though Jean may not have had tp in that instance, isnt it curious how her powers were just shut down by IW's field? She was pushing TK energy against IW's field...her powers were just shut down or the field was purely immune to it. TK is still a form of psionic energy...if her TK couldnt get through her tp would probably be shut down just as well.

probably? thats an assumption....we cant base anything on that....TK and TP are two different things....

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 04:12 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

I know this is a bump and a half but I came across this looking for some mislplaced scans...and this really bugged me...so here:

Sue has a shield surrounding her team...from Wolverine and Storm..

(please log in to view the image)

Granted this thread should be more of a Gauntlet then a Team vs Sue fight...cause I don't enjoy watching Sue get thrashed..

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Oct 23rd, 2006 at 12:26 AM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 12:12 AM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Oh yes IW's shields are impregnable cool

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j...cFour169-11.jpg

{not to be taken serious, so don't piss and moan, but yes it's canon}

Last edited by -K-M- on Oct 23rd, 2006 at 12:43 AM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 12:33 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote