KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Sauron or Morgoth

Who do you like better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Sauron the dark Lord 13 37.14%
Morgoth the dark Enemy 22 62.86%
Total: 35 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sauron or Morgoth
Started by: Celestial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Generic Hero
KGB

Morgoth was a wimp. Sauron singlehandedly corrupted and destroyed arguably the greatest civilization Middle Earth has ever known.

Sauron >>> Overpowered Vala n00b.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:06 PM
Generic Hero is currently offline Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkman87
Captain of Gondor Boromir

Morgoth was just a stupid orc. Sauron was the master so I like Sauron best.

Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives... You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side now here in this country of ours... you, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land. They have become our sons as well

Old Post Feb 7th, 2006 09:24 AM
Darkman87 is currently offline Click here to Send Darkman87 a Private Message Find more posts by Darkman87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

err.... have both of you read like the Silmarillion or anything? If you had, you obviously didnt understand it. it would take a better choice than : stupid orc to decide that sauron was 1000000% better.

http://cjbannister.users.btopenworld.com/Home.htm

Old Post Feb 7th, 2006 06:45 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DanielLB
err.... have both of you read like the Silmarillion or anything? If you had, you obviously didnt understand it. it would take a better choice than : stupid orc to decide that sauron was 1000000% better.

Think. For once. How would I know Sauron destroyed Numenor WITHOUT reading the Silmarillion.

Morgoth was powerful. Power means **** when judging a character's coolness. If it meant something, then DBZ characters would be the epitome of badassness.

Morgoth was a Vala. He was afraid to fight Fingolfin. An ELF. A strong elf, but an ant to him.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 09:58 PM
Generic Hero is currently offline Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

To make it fair Sauron was afraid to fight a dog. Sauron came in as a last resort.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 01:27 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

Originally posted by Darkman87
Morgoth was just a stupid orc. Sauron was the master so I like Sauron best.

errrr are you that crazy? because morgoth was not an orc, he was a valar as well as being the strongest one, before he dispersed his power, he is pretty much the devil in middle earth, while sauron was like his 2nd in command

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 09:52 AM
Deception is currently offline Click here to Send Deception a Private Message Find more posts by Deception Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

This isn't a battle between the two for it would have to be decided by which Morgoth we are talking about. Who do you like/respect more.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 02:47 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KPrince
I Just Can't Win.

I would have to say Morgoth. If it was not for him, Sauron would never have turned evil. Morgoth was bent on destroying everything that the Eru established through his Valar. Sauron was Morgoth's servant, and although he seemed more cunning, he only worked with what his master had previously brought on middle-earth. In fact, he was just fulfilling his master's plan. No evil force in middle-earth had more power to corrupt than Morgoth. Therefore, I respect him more than Sauron.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 10:59 PM
KPrince is currently offline Click here to Send KPrince a Private Message Find more posts by KPrince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
Think. For once. How would I know Sauron destroyed Numenor WITHOUT reading the Silmarillion.

Morgoth was powerful. Power means **** when judging a character's coolness. If it meant something, then DBZ characters would be the epitome of badassness.

Morgoth was a Vala. He was afraid to fight Fingolfin. An ELF. A strong elf, but an ant to him.

huh?messed

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 12:05 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

they are evil so I don't like them. But morgoth is much moore powerful. (imortal) cause he is half a god so....

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 07:22 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

He does get killed. The Final Battle thing.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 12:06 AM
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

They should make that! The silmarillion and then like a little epilogue of the final battle!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 02:19 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I would love to read that.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 06:43 PM
vanice
traceur

morgoth. there would be no sauron without him.

Old Post May 21st, 2006 06:46 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Morgoth had nothing to do with the making of Sauron. And you cannot say that for you have no proof. If Morgoth didn't turn Sauron it could have been by his own will.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 04:51 PM
vanice
traceur

Originally posted by ESB - 1138
Morgoth had nothing to do with the making of Sauron. And you cannot say that for you have no proof. If Morgoth didn't turn Sauron it could have been by his own will.

I never said that. I know that sauron is a maiar but he admired morgoth and learned from him.

He's using the same tricks as morgoth did. fooling people and so on.

And morgoth was the one who invented evil and darkness in arda.

There would be no sauron as he is in the lord of the rings without morgoth.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 08:34 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Sauron and Morgoth were after two different things.

1.) Morgoth wanted the complete destruction of Middle-Earth.
2.) Sauron wanted to control all the people of Middle-Earth.

I perfer control over destroy. Considering once everything is destroyed then what?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 07:59 PM
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

But I (see User Name) did not want to DESTROY Arda. I, like Sauron, merely wanted to RULE it. Oy vey!!! You stupid mortals! Get your facts straight!!! evil face mad evil face mad evil face mad

Find me a better comedian than Dane Cook, and I will give you a million dollars.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 06:23 AM
R.F. is currently offline Click here to Send R.F. a Private Message Find more posts by R.F. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

I do Admit to having tried to CONTORT and TWIST things to my own ways, but that is not the same as DESTROYING them!!

Oh, and by the way... Razeilim... While it is not mentioned in Silmarillion, I was not afraid to fight the stupid Elf Fingolfin... there was a problem with one of the forges. I think it was something with the coals being under-heated... Let me warn you: Do NOT put an Elven slave in charge of that... I advise a Balrog, or even a smart orc... Elves are just too stupid! Plus, they smell bad.

Find me a better comedian than Dane Cook, and I will give you a million dollars.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 06:39 AM
R.F. is currently offline Click here to Send R.F. a Private Message Find more posts by R.F. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by I_am_Melkor
I do Admit to having tried to CONTORT and TWIST things to my own ways, but that is not the same as DESTROYING them!!

Oh, and by the way... Razeilim... While it is not mentioned in Silmarillion, I was not afraid to fight the stupid Elf Fingolfin... there was a problem with one of the forges. I think it was something with the coals being under-heated... Let me warn you: Do NOT put an Elven slave in charge of that... I advise a Balrog, or even a smart orc... Elves are just too stupid! Plus, they smell bad.

Actually the book backs me up on this one. Morgoth wanted to destroy all of Middle-Earth and turn it to his own wasteland. Sauron wanted to rule the free peoples.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2006 06:22 AM